Destiny 2 - Developed by Bungie
  • Thanks for the info! Aw that’s a bummer... was hoping to get them both but never mind. Might have a think on it then, I only saw the exotic quests and some season pass extras as the point really, can’t think of much else I’d do with it... that new gun does look cool though... I only just got ace of spades though! I play so much destiny doing very little, I miss strike based exclusives and stuff like that. I spent so long trying to get taniks’ Hunter cape thing in D1.

Maybe if I reach level 65 I’ll get it (2x exotic engrams), I’m guessing you retroactively get all the rewards unlocked when you get the pass.

Strike based exclusives are a thing again but most are shit like sparrows etc.
    And yes retro active unlocking on pass is a thing (obviously only for that season though).

You pc or console cosmic?
  • That’s good to know, also who cares about sparrows?!

Console, ps4/5 :) the new upgrade sucked me back in after years disliking D2! Did actually like forsaken, shadowkeep and beyond light campaign stuff though, those were fun. And europa is a fantastic planet to poot around and blast things in!
  • I'm in it for the metaconversation at this point.
  • What does that mean?
  • I gave in and just bought the season pass. It’s like £8.50 and I wanted to play in that battleground thing again. It’s all I’m playing on my PS5 and I’m running out of new stuff to mess around with so meh, why not. More shiny thingys! More bounties! More places to shoot stuff!

That exotic quest can be done solo right? I’m level 1266 and saw the suggested level for it was about 1230 so I should be ok I think?
  • You can solo it! I just did! Don’t do it it took me bloody 3+ hours!
  • Don’t know if anyone is interested in the warmind cell build stuff, but lately banshee has been selling some apparently rare mods. Burning cells is currently for sale, and yesterday the mod that allows cells to spawn with solar splash damage was on sale.

Only just started getting into this stuff and yeah, makes the PVE a lot easier! Especially now I have the catalyst for ace of spades (and a beefy sunshot).
  • Don’t know if anyone is interested in the warmind cell build stuff, but lately banshee has been selling some apparently rare mods. Burning cells is currently for sale, and yesterday the mod that allows cells to spawn with solar splash damage was on sale. Only just started getting into this stuff and yeah, makes the PVE a lot easier! Especially now I have the catalyst for ace of spades (and a beefy sunshot).

Am all in on Warmind, have been for a while: Heritage - Ike SMG - Code Duello or Deathbringer, then all the cell perks I can fit on my armour pieces (the ones that debuff and up the blast radius at least).

For the Cabal stuff this season, fucking Skyburner's all day. Aiming is hard and I don't care to do it very often. Can't believe I didn't run it back in S9, so obvious.
  • Yeah we're kind of pretty for mob clearance now - Risko, Trinity Ghoul, Witherhoard, Salvager's, Warmind builds especially with Sunshot and Ticuu's...
    Harder to keep it all working in harder level content though.
  • Those fuckers on crucible though
  • Lol don't play Crucible, it is wretched. They've abandoned sensible matchmaking, and in any case: giving everyone a blue shell but especially giving the already good people a blue shell quickest is completely stupid game design that shouldn't really be dignified. (I've played privates with pals, supers banned, and it's categorically better time for all concerned)

At least wait 'til the sweep of ice magic nerfs kick in on the 23rd.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    If i wanna play this on PS5 with the better framerate & shinies do i have to download the whole thing again (120GB)?
  • Popped back on here a few times in the last fortnight. Soooo, not much to do without buying the new expansion, light something, is it worth it for £60? Will I get any story? If it is just shooty shooty then meh.
  • Depends what you consider adequate formulations of Story. Are there cutscenes and shitloads of lore docs and some efforts at advancing the plot? Yes.
  • I want to be fed it passively.
  • Beyond Light has quite a bit of story stuff, with cutscenes and in mission dialogue. But, it’s far from perfect. The interest story beats actually come after the main campaign is finished and some BIG LORE MOMENTS are kinda waved away in a matter of seconds and can fall a bit flat as a result.

It’s deffo got story if you want, but it’s still Destiny - meaning, it feels good moment to moment but it’s also flawed.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    It's always come down to coherency.
  • Yeah, and to be clear I did enjoy my time with Beyond Light. Like almost all Destiny content I probably got my money’s worth in terms of hours played and how much I enjoyed the actual experience while playing. It’s just a bit of a mess. Because, you know, Destiny.
  • The new stasis subclasses were a lot of fun. Missions were tough. There were some lovely environments (though the best ones get revealed after the campaign for some reason!), and there was real story progression (even if too many of the big beats were swings and misses). Some lovely new guns, pleasing numberwang, and a good sense of agency in the week to week power grind.
  • The Bray facility is amazing..one of the most expansive areas they've created for dlc I'd say.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • MattyJ wrote:
    The Bray facility is amazing..one of the most expansive areas they've created for dlc I'd say.

Agreed - incredible area.
  • Bought it, then the new light quest disappeared.
  • Oh you can find that in a console next to the postmaster I think?

I liked beyond light a lot, mainly just the whole planet, I live running around there. I also liked shadowkeep a lot so you know, I’m easily pleased I think. I’ve been keeping on this every night trying to get to level 100 of the season pass and I’m at 92 I think now.

Soooo after 70 hours of regular D2 I got maybe one or two planned story exotics. Once I bought that season pass it seems they randomly drop all the time? Just randomly in strikes and stuff. Am I crazy or is it meant to do that? I’m doing nightfalls as well now so getting loads on top with that.

I’m not complaining, just thought it was odd!
  • Welly well well, that was fun.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    unknown.png

LOL Bungie, how did you manage to fuck this up already? Bai Transmorg hopes.
  • I'm literally only after a couple of bits, so it's a big woteva from me.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!