Nintendo Labo: a thread made of cardboard and tape
  • Got the all clear from the Mrs to get it for sons birthday present in June .

She was impressed which I was surprised at and didn't think £60 Was too expensive .
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • I was thinking earlier that Mums will be all over this compared to normal games.
  • And that's why it's going to do well. Sarah thinks it's brilliant.
  • I bet you can't get it anywhere on release. I'm sure they do this on purpose.
  • We buy lego in our house so this seems a practical steal. I think it’ll go bananas tbh and is a pretty great match to the existing market and then beyond.
    They should also send a couple of thousand units out to primary schools as ‘educational’ gifts. Watch em fly from there.
  • Pre-ordered. And the stickers at £9.00
  • I've pre ordered mine ( my son's) from Amazon .

Hopefully for most other Toy-cons you don't need any extra parts and just cardboard.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    PRE-ORDERED I AM SO EXCITED FOR THIS CARDBOARD
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • The big robot pack seems at odds with the general vibe of the concept, although I suppose it's distinguishing between big and small screen. The assorted pack should fly though. If they can put some thought into making the games fun I'd be into this. I like building stuff, especially clever stuff, and I can see why they also have an exploration part where it teaches you how it works.
  • All my son cared for was the keyboard
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    The big robot pack seems at odds with the general vibe of the concept, although I suppose it's distinguishing between big and small screen.

I feel like compared to the Variety pack, the Robot pack will live or die on the quality of the actual game.
  • Do you put the Switch in the cardboard glasses holder thing. ie strap the console to your face?
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Earlier on Twitter I was joking that I broke the news about the UK pricing (true, I got there 20 minutes before Nintendo Life) and that I'd posted Shopto's 20p cheaper pre-order price so keep following me for Lado stuff and this one guy tweeted me saying 'Done!' and followed me and now I'm scared off going back to Twitter because if I don't keep posting world-beating Lado content then I'm going to disappoint this one random guy.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Wait, April ehh? Think my nephew is coming over end of April / start of May, pretty sure he needs to try this.

I like the motorcycle.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    WorKid wrote:
    Do you put the Switch in the cardboard glasses holder thing. ie strap the console to your face?

Looking at the picture I don't think the tablet will go in the face thing. I think having the face thing up or down must have some kind of impact on gameplay.
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    WorKid wrote:
    Do you put the Switch in the cardboard glasses holder thing. ie strap the console to your face?

Looking at the picture I don't think the tablet will go in the face thing. I think having the face thing up or down must have some kind of impact on gameplay.

Thank fuck for that!

I knew you were a Labo expert. Some bloke on Twitter recommended you to me.
  • WorKid wrote:
    EvilRedEye wrote:
    WorKid wrote:
    Thank fuck for that! I knew you were a Labo expert. Some bloke on Twitter recommended you to me.

It shows the game on a big screen on the video.  If it’s on the tv then that means the switch has to be docked. I guess.
  • This has added $1.3 billion to Nintendos company value overnight! Fuck me.

The investors like it then.

In other news do Amazon uk rake full payment at time of preorder???
    PSN - minkymu
  • Minkymu wrote:
    This has added $1.3 billion to Nintendos company value overnight! Fuck me.

The investors like it then.

In other news do Amazon uk rake full payment at time of preorder???
    No
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    legaldinho wrote:
    shovelware plus cardboard.

Or in other words, DS' tea.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Represent the Big Body Meta on the World Stage

Not owning a Switch, I was unconsciously drawn to this thred for some reason. 

When I read that post I knew why. 

Papa bless Tempy, this forum's most precious boi.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    By the by, modern LEGO sucks royally compared to the stuff I had in the '80s. There's a tub full of single-coloured bricks in my parents' loft. They came from sets, yeah (yer police and fire stations), but about two-thirds of their pieces were interchangeably generic.
  • Escape wrote:
    By the by, modern LEGO sucks royally compared to the stuff I had in the '80s. There's a tub full of single-coloured bricks in my parents' loft. They came from sets, yeah (yer police and fire stations), but about two-thirds of their pieces were interchangeably generic.

Ffs! Everything is worse now than when escape was young. I’m sacking it all in and giving up if we can’t even be better than the 80’s.
  • i showed the labo vid to my kids and they were all over it, especially the youngest. went straight on the birthday wishlist (then straight on amazon pre-order as only nintendo could end up with stock shortage of cardboard!).
    my mother was there at the time, and she also thought it looked really interesting. not in a way that she'd rush out to buy a switch for herself, but she thought it looked much better than a 'normal' game...basically if i'd still been a nipper, it's something she would have been interested in joining in with too.
    which is the whole point and magic of this to me. it's not about getting kids to play labo instead of super mario, it's about getting the kids and their parents playing together on switch where maybe one isn't normally that interested in games. plus once they're into labo, then they can sell them on mario too!
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Escape wrote:

Lego do a Classic range which is exactly that.
  • Escape wrote:

Is this one of those posts where you give us your in-depth analysis of something you don’t own or use?

There's still a high proportion of interchangeably generic pieces. There’s a greater variety of them now, yes, but that’s not a bad thing. Sure, there are more model-specific pieces, but they’re still in the minority. Even the sets furthest from what you’re used to - things like the Elves and Friends series - have plenty of bog-standard bricks at their core. Things like the Creator series are pretty much what you were used to as a kid (three designed models out of the box, pretty much all standard pieces) and there are a variety of sizes of boxes of just bricks.

There are issues. The Lego Movie featured vehicles which were supposedly hybrids of existing models. The sets released of those vehicles included model-specific pieces, which flew a little in the face of the idea of them.

Anyway, thread is for cardboard, not plastic.
  • Nintendo have backtracked on offering templates for free, so best look after your cardboard filks
    PSN - minkymu

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!