Having the save
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    When our broadband was down for a couple of days a while back, me and the daughters (sic) got back into Gamecube Mario Kart DD - in particular caning the DK Mountain Track in TT mode - inspired by the old best times and ghosts we still had - always worth holding onto those memory cards.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Shmup scores are saved on servers instead of save files right? Don’t wanna lose them but guess we have no choice.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Depends on the game. I'd guess a lot may use both.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Some do both as far as I know. I think Futari works that way. But I've noticed some Cave ports like Muchi Muchi Pork save the score locally (at least I think it does - the way it saves is weird) but don't let you enter your initials which is odd.
  • I just googled Muchi Muchi Pork, saw the term "cute 'em up" and was sick in my mouth a bit.
  • It’s not that good. Pink Sweets in same pack is excellent.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Love a bit of Muchi - it isn't really all that cute. I find building up the medal value and keeping it maxed out compelling.

Fond of Pink Sweets too but haven't spent enough time with either to compare them with any authority.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Emulators tend to offer superior versions of old games, so my saves'd be useless without a method of transfer.

I did keep one Gran Turismo 2 replay until a few years ago when I captured it. Anything decent I do gets saved as a video now.
  • I wonder how many Pro Evo goals I've got saved on various memory cards.  The best goal I never scored was during a yearly tournament with workmates.  Which I won, go me.  But I'd swap the victory/cash for a replay of the most incredible team (almost) gole ever.  The problem with Moot is he always tries to walk it in.
  • i'm not really precious about saves as far as scores and achievements go, or for old games. i'm only really bothered about losing progress in 'current gen' games: ie Mario and Zelda on switch are incomplete and untouched recently, but the concept is at least there that I'll pick them up and carry on - if i lost those saves i'd be very unlikely to start again.

the only time i was really up tight about saves was on gamecube - i had an import machine modded so you could switch between US or Jap modes...but the memory cards had to be formatted per region. so there was always a fear someone would plug the wrong card in for the mode and wipe it - woe betide the person that deleted my Jap card, onto which i'd saved my winning eleven edit file where i'd hand edited nearly every player in the game to their real names!
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Escape wrote:
    Emulators tend to offer superior versions of old games, so my saves'd be useless without a method of transfer.

I did keep one Gran Turismo 2 replay until a few years ago when I captured it. Anything decent I do gets saved as a video now.

*Ticks gran Turismo off the old bingo card*

Spoiler:

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!