4za 4izon Four - The FNF High Court of Rubbin' Misdemeanours
  • Micro Machines expansion! That would be fucking incredible. Hair, you are a genius!
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    It’s a fine line.

Felt I should share Shabby’s compliments of the season to me.
    rvnBj5G.jpg

More sauce than a rack of ribs.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Top work Shabs.
  • I knew I liked him.
    Mostly an idiot. Live: thedarthjim / Instagram: mrjalco / Twitter: @MrJalco
  • Without Shabs help, you might have hit that tree, you should probably thank him for saving your life.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Did a bit more of this last night, got to level 6 I think. Seems like there's a lot of decent content, some good races for on-line. 

There's a big, fast circuit that's perfect for S1. Treasure chests are fun enough, but probably just because of the rewards. That thing where you go through the gate and have to get across country to the other gate is a pretty nice addition as well. Was thinking that might be the way to go with the user created races, just a bog standard point to point.
  • I picked up the final treasure chest this morning.
    Spoiler:

Just the Leviathan and Kraken to do now, then I suppose I’ll be heading back to the mainland with my spoils.
  • Been so busy with work that I haven't had time for much treasure hunting this last week. Must get some good time in on it tonight...
  • There's some absolutely cracking tracks in this. I did the cliff side scramble last night in S1 classic Rally - hooooboy! Squeaky bum time.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I read the name of that one and decided to go C class. I’m glad I did.
  • That cliff side section, as part of a longer run, at night, in the rain … proper carnage and great fun.
  • All the hill climb/descent tracks on tarmac and dirt in a S1 rally monster, on a clear spring morning. Bliss.
  • Has anyone else finished the Island yet?
    Spoiler:
  • I swear it takes as long for this game to load as it did for C64 games back in the day...
  • Fortune Island just about clocked then. They can whistle if they think they're getting time out of me to complete all the drift stuff. Otherwise, it's done.

It's a sign of how talented PG are when a really really really high level confident generous exhilarating gameplay package is the norm and I can shrug my shoulders and answer "well, is it any good?" with "but of course". This expansion does exactly what it sets out to do, with no major left turns or surprises. With this, we have more of the same, and that's quite a good problem to have.

Some of the courses are the best the series has got, and the fears about the layout being drift aren't really found as those sections elevate the mountain area to Jimmy Kaido status. Really.

All in all its a wonderful package, and the cars that come with (which you have to go into the auto show and find, sadly) are all brilliant. So go play it.

FH4 might just win my GOTY now.
  • I feel like I’ve ‘finished’ the island, but then I remember that I’ll get to go back as the next three seasons roll out and see it in a whole new light. I can’t wait to do that cliffside race in winter.
  • It’s a great expansion. I’ve clocked the treasure hunt and just have the
    Spoiler:

It’s been pretty epic. Should make for some wonderful FNF.

Edit: just had the best wheelspin yet - a McLaren F1 GTR!
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    There’s a review on Eurogamer here:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-12-19-with-fortune-island-forza-horizon-4-remains-generous-to-a-fault

Some good points raised there:

The pace of unlocks, as it was in the main game, is far ahead of your ability to make use of them. I currently have dozens of unraced routes, marked as "new", on both the mainland and Fortune Island maps, and I have probably driven less than a third of the cars in my garage. I could sell cars that I don't want on the auction house, but unless they are rare finds I will actually make money faster by playing the game. Thanks to my taste for the seasonal championships, I haven't finished any of the storylines, I have played little multiplayer, I have barely touched the excellent Rivals time trial system. I have the Ultimate edition of the game, which means I get two free Car Pass cars every week and all the DLC packs (haven't got round to downloading them all), and also extra wheelspins and double Forzathon rewards. The game rewards me for playing it with twice as much stuff as I have time to use, and it keeps piling up exponentially. I'm being smothered in fun, and sometimes I find it weirdly stressful.
  • It's a point, but there's ways to finesse it, and there's been some light QOL updates too. My last few hours in FH4 has found me kind of playing it like a last gen racer in structure, in that I'll find a challenge I want to do, press pause and use fast travel as a level select, and have a car delivered to me a la a vehicle select. The fact you can install tunes from the pause menu too now helps a load. Only ever need to go to the Festival if I want to paint it, though surely they can patch that up. I've also found myself branching out and using cars outta my comfort zone this way too, as its just a minute and we're setup to go.

I get what they're saying but it's getting better.

I'll still have my times I spend more of my time pootling and exploring, mind.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I agree, and the review is positive overall, but I do have so many cars that I’ll never drive.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Also, I’m trying not to tune everything until I’ve bought Edinburgh Castle and the $2m or W/E Mercedes that allows you to unlock a Forza Edition car.
  • What I would really really like patched in is a "Quick Restart Marker". So there's a danger sign or a speed cam you want to 3 star (or maybe just a random natural jump or something), say you hold down X and click the left thumbstick (or whatever) and a marker is placed, meaning when you put in another input it'll charge you 1000Cr and take you back there, thus allowing you to try again. I know you could just rewind but that sometimes sends the game into a fitz and sometimes the challenge doesn't register as a result.

Skate3 had a thing just like it and was amazing for when you found a sweet spot to keep on doing.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I’d like to be able to test tunes before buying them, preferably with a quick swap function as you’re driving along.

I’d also like to be able to set broader categories in blueprints either through selecting multiple car categories or with preset, erm, sets. So you could create a race for any B class rally car or any S1 road car, for instance.
  • I’d like lasers
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I’d like more time to play it. And I’d like Reg’s house to be on the map instead of just outside it.
  • Have cracked this now – just mopping up the remaining races on the Island. What a brilliant expansion. As others have said, the tracks are fantastic – definitely the best cross-country / dirt tracks yet. I'd go so far as to say they're the best (non real-world) tracks I've raced on in any videogame. Top stuff.

Mildly underwhelmed at the rewards for clocking it, but I suppose I can't complain too much after the treasure hunt yielded 10,000,000 credits and a couple of cool cars.

Also as others have said, my garage is looking pretty mental right now. Far too many cars (I have 4x Sciroccos, for Pete's sake). Would be nice if they brought back the ability to either gift cars to fellow players, or accept cash / sell the car for a basic value instead of the whole Auction House rigmarole. Nothing sells unless it's rare / tuned to high heaven, so it's pretty much useless.

That's my only real complaint though – not going to complain about the massive overkill of content as it gives me heaps to mop-up before the next expansion. Hurrah for Playground Games and Turn10!
  • I'm very glad that I decided not to buy cars early on. It throws them at you.
  • I think I've bought maybe 3 or 4? My garage is well over 200. Madness.
  • I’ve bought a few. Purely when I need (or want) a specific car for a challenge. Happened more often treasure hunting on the Island.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!