4za 4izon Four - The FNF High Court of Rubbin' Misdemeanours
  • I’ve just unlocked the BEST barn find ever!!
    Spoiler:
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • FranticPea wrote:
    By doing what Yoss said?

I've raced Yoss before.

He ain't winning owt.
    Mostly an idiot. Live: thedarthjim / Instagram: mrjalco / Twitter: @MrJalco
    Spoiler:

Is that the summer barn find??

If so – EXCITE!
  • It's the only car that can reach a certain bonus board. You'll know when you find it.
  • Barn finds are randomized amongst the selection, IIRC.
  • Barn finds are randomized amongst the selection, IIRC.

As I understand it, the seasonal barn finds are specific though.
  • Ah. No harm no foul.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Jaco wrote:
    FranticPea wrote:
    By doing what Yoss said?

I've raced Yoss before.

He ain't winning owt.

It’s been a while and I am getting better. First places still aren’t exactly common, but these days I’m probably in the top 5 more often than not. Probably.
  • *splutter*
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    At least when I’m not being nudged into trees, rocks or walls that is.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Jaco wrote:
    ...The advantage of not using community tunes is that you can tweak the car to your precise driving style and preference, so it makes you significantly faster...

Jaco knows.  

ucOfnLu.gif

Hairvette: Destroyer of Worlds.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
    Spoiler:
    I found that, bunged a community upgrade on it, now completely undrivable. we should use that! :)
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • tfspwnklacyghjvrtbo1.jpg

*applause*
  • I was playing this a bit last night. Amongst having fun, the following things can 'get tae fuck' as they say. ;)

There's a lovely reflection on the windshield in the summer sun of the dashboard and your hands moving the wheel in the car, but this is really annoying flickering and dancing on the screen when you're racing.
    Windshield also gets dirty and dusty if you go off road sometimes, and the sun shines on it and you can't see. These might look realistic but since i don't have the option for sunglasses, visor down or washing the windshield, they can get tae fuck.

I have the scrub braking line on for a reason - i'd rather it wasn't affected by the environmental lighting such that sometimes you can't see it in the sunlight.

if you have filters on the map view, then you unlock new events, it seems to reset the filters. Extra annoying considering the main filter i was already using was 'new' anyway!

Not being able to change your car before a street race.

STOP FUCKING TALKING YOU ANNOYING BASTARDS (I mean the in game event 'hosts', not you lovely FNFers)
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Valid points.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Yeah, the reflection thing is one of the reasons I race using an external view on FH. Using bonnet cam or even the most distant chase cam eliminates the problem. Plus, it's an arcade racer not a sim, so the external view just kind of feels right. Like a modern Outrun.

The map filtering thing is trés annoying. One of those bugs I hope they fix really soon.

I get not being able to change your car before a street race – I think it ties in with the whole "unofficial, race what you brung" vibe.

The talking, aye. They really do need an off button for that.
  • Woah, steady on, Jim.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • FNF tonight.

ROLL CALL
    cAG0dJX.gif
  • I’m out on a family trip and due home about 9ish, if I can get the kids down to sleep nicely and the wife doesn’t want to chat then I’m in!
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I haven't really noticed the reflections in cockpit cam, maybe I just look through them.

I would like a filter for off road tyres for non winter seasons. Seems strange you can filter snow tyres, when they automatically apply themselves in winter.
  • Webbins wrote:
    Woah, steady on, Jim.

External cam shock, I presume?

It's an arcade racer, Webs. Personally, I reserve full cockpit view for proper sims (aka, FM). Bonnet cam is a nice compromise for road-based FH madness. For bonkers off-road-y stuff I usually go external chase.
  • Jaco wrote:
    Yeah, the reflection thing is one of the reasons I race using an external view on FH. Using bonnet cam or even the most distant chase cam eliminates the problem.

Bonnet cam for me, at all times. I want all that gorgeous scenery filling my screen every moment. I don’t want to peer at it through a virtual dashboard and fat fucking A-pillar. The little bit of reflection (and sometimes damage) visible on the bonnet is enough for the sense of immersion.
  • @gav If I'm home in time, I'll be there tonight.
  • I won’t, I’ll be in the pub.
  • :-(
  • You bunch of amateurs.  Bumper cam for me.  Granted, this does mean that I frequently have no idea where I'm going.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I’ve come down with a nasty cold, so I’m around this evening but not sure if I’ll have the energy for Forza.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Unlikely wrote:
    You bunch of amateurs.  Bumper cam for me.  Granted, this does mean that I frequently have no idea where I'm going.

Are you going to bed?
  • Jaco wrote:
    It's an arcade racer, Webs.

Uh oh.

I hoon about in free Roam mostly in external, allows you appreciate the fine scenery, car models, liveries, etc. but when racetime comes, it's immersion time baby.

gumball-italian-driving.gif

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!