LEGO - wotevs (blanket thread)
  • This is sounding like something I need to pick up for me and the boy.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • My five year old spends most of the time riding around on a dog or shooting cats into the sea. Lego Worlds is fun, too.
  • Anyone bought lepin lego? Exactly the same bricks as lego and same models for a fraction of the lego price? get them before they get shutdown. lego are suing them for the nost blatant copyright ever.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    @trippy

:D

We haven't unlocked Dogs yet as we haven't discovered bones.

It's the constant discovery of new stuff that is amazing both me and Elliot. Every 15 mins or so one of us will exclaim "whoaaaaa look at this!" as we find new stuff.

As an example:
    Spoiler:

Game runs a bit sluggish at times, but it doesn't really take anything away from how much fun we're having. Can't wait to get back and play an hour with him.
  • FranticPea wrote:
    We haven't unlocked Dogs yet as we haven't discovered bones.

We saw bones for sale on the
    Spoiler:
    but you can ride the dogs before that, they're treated like fast, woofing off-road vehicles.

I'm really enjoying it, it's a lot of fun and surprisingly pretty. We just travelled to our first desert/western level, so I'm also looking forward to getting home so we can explore it.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Haven't seen a desert yet and we're on about our 10th 'planet'

Seeing the
    Spoiler:

Are you on medium planets yet? They're a fair bit bigger, the large ones must be pretty huge.
  • To be honest, I'm not 100% sure. It's basically chaos! We have 15 Gold Bricks and the planets already feel pretty big with some cool cliffs and mountains.

I generated random planets until it was a colour palette I didn't recognise and it turned out to be desert. Looks pretty cool, Monument Valley in Lego.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I think the medium worlds are unlocked at 30 gold bricks. It's on the star map thingy.

I've no idea how many different biomes there are but we're still finding new ones.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Heh. I did not realise you could go into first person. Awesome!

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/FranticPea/video/28229810
  • Thought I would give this a go again after only playing the beta.

It is a great game, I am very envious of kids having this at their age, I would have spent all waking hours on it.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Anyone bought lepin lego? Exactly the same bricks as lego and same models for a fraction of the lego price? get them before they get shutdown. lego are suing them for the nost blatant copyright ever.

I'm probably an idiot, but I wouldn't. Lego may be expensive, but they make arguably the best quality toy on the market. I think they deserve to make their money.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    LY9C8M – Lock & Roller – NEXO KNIGHTS

XP3BN2 – Lance’s Driller – NEXO KNIGHTS

P42FJ6 – Police Car – LEGO City

BG7DWK – Getaway Car – LEGO City

U98BR2 – Pizza Van – LEGO City

Codes for vehicle unlocks in Worlds. Apparently you get them on 2017 Lego sets but they're useable by everyone.

The Driller is awesome, you can tunnel through mountains in it!
  • Andy wrote:
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    Anyone bought lepin lego? Exactly the same bricks as lego and same models for a fraction of the lego price? get them before they get shutdown. lego are suing them for the nost blatant copyright ever.
    I'm probably an idiot, but I wouldn't. Lego may be expensive, but they make arguably the best quality toy on the market. I think they deserve to make their money.

I feel the same way Andy.
    A lot of the cost comes from the design team putting the kit together. I know two guys who work for Lego. One designs sets, the other designs the graphics that get printed on bricks etc.
    The guy who designs sets worked there for a long time before a set of his was published, their standards are very, very high.
    The guy who does graphics is Tom from this video. One of the most genuinely lovely people I have met.
  • I got given the Porsche technic set for my birthday a few weeks ago. Genuinely shocked as I had resigned myself to not getting it when I first saw the listing price. 

The people who design Lego sets have one of the best jobs in the world. Lepin are parasites.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Me and Elliot started to build a race track together :D

hirmfBW.jpg

wPqSW8o.jpg

Why does he have to go to bed so early? Stupid school night.
  • That's awesome! Okami is still the number one game in our house, so no racing for me.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    The constant discovery on this is just amazing. I'm pretty sure we haven't seen even 20% of the vehicles, creatures, characters or structures yet. Seems like every time we turn a corner there's something new.

Keep seeing Scuba divers but none have had a mission to unlock them yet.

Got to 50 gold bricks last night which i think means the next random world will be a large one, which also means more biomes in one world. Can't wait to get on it later. Still haven't seen a desert and I'm pretty sure there'll be snow too?

I hope they add vehicle construction in a future update. Seems like a really obvious thing to include, even if it's quite basic.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Probably should be the pictures fred but hey

ohYIlAs.jpg
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • i've started playing lego avengers. It's ok, not really played any lego games all the way through despite having played a bit of lego startwars on a wii?
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • New Lego Dimensions packs announced - Teen Titans Go, Powerpuff Girls and Beetlejuice.

This is likely to be the final wave.
  • Big ole Minecraft set out now. 21137 The Mountain Cave.

Costs £260 ie about as much as a Switch.

LEGO-21137-Minecraft-The-Mountain-Cave-Variation-1.jpg

21137_Box5_v39.jpg
  • It seems like a lot of bang for yer buck, but whenever I see LEGO Minecraft it just hammers home the idea that Minecraft is essentially just Douglas Coupland's Oop! from Jpod
  • Also, how interesting can a Lego be made from only cubes?!

I really like the new carousel tho'
  • Aye the new Carousel is a beaut. Probably my next big Lego purchase.

I still haven't made my Falcon.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    B needs something to decorate his new desk, so I was thinking of getting him this one:
    4c1ab205-04cc-449e-897c-dda31e5b3d9f_1.2afc1b572d10a48c8ed9e819a475c4f2.jpeg

And this one:
    31292389385_1102ec9579_c.jpg

for his birthday. 

Does anyone have any experience with the pullback system that's advertised on the second box? Does that actually work? Seems like a fun little toy next to the big one.

Now I only need to decide if I just give the boxes and pieces, or build them myself, just to get a bit closer to his childhood memories... (His dad knew someone in a toy shop, so he could often buy the display models. Too bad they were already build and glued together, I wish I could have seen the faces of 3 little boys realizing they got loads of Lego but no way to actually build with it)
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    This review of the pull back one is only about 5 mins long and includes footage of the mechanism.

https://youtu.be/5YPebp_ibic

Seems like a nice set.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • I got a couple of small Star Wars Lepin sets. Sitting in the display case alongside my real Lego SW(I have bought at least 10 microfighters) the Lepin looks like the real deal. But the quality isnt quite there. Its maybe 75%. The minifigs especially arent as good I think. The plastic just feels a little too light and the bricks dont fit as snuggly.
    In saying that I'd consider getting another set or two for myself but I wouldnt get any for the kids to play with. I wouldnt like to mix it with the tonnes of their real Lego.

The Lego game is fun..not played it in a bit actually must dig it out....
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • I was tempted by the STAR WNRS Nebulon-B, which isn't a set Lego do (I think it's a fan design they stole instead). But I'm worried about contamination with my real Lego :)
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    @ERE, thanks, I'll take a look. Didn't know there were reviews out there, could have expected that.

It's been so long since I've bought Lego, gave him mindstorms years ago but got the complaint there wasn't enough Lego in there to make fun things.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!