Slay the Spire: B&B GOTY 2018, 2020, 2021, and Forum Pariah 2019
  • Your butt is ugly, but I didn’t complain!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Somehow I just knew that would happen.
  • My butt is amazing. Multiple people have spent hours exploring it. Unlike me with Spire.
  • Also, best page turn.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Crackdown is better looking than your crack.
  • Yeah but which one has more orbs?
  • None of you have seen my beautiful(ly damaged) butthole.
  • Speaking of mangled assholes, back to Slay the Spire's art-style.
  • Wait til you actually hear the game...
  • Went with Fiend Fire and it was lots of fun. Picked up Runic Pyramid at the end of Act 2, which made setting up my big hits really easy. IC15 completed.
  • I find the ascension mode fascinating as a thing because it presents as a final challenge while in some ways - if you choose to - it’s easier than a standard heart run.
  • ...the fuck?

Lol. They own the ugly with place holder art during beta. It's hilarious.

Full release art is functional.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Can’t believe you’ve done me like this Mike
  • Meanwhile, into the nitty gritty with new character.

Know enough to be trying specific tactics, and die enough to discover their limits when selecting too many cards aiming for said tactic without balance.

Might spoiler the below waffle as it's tentative and not everyone is seeing new build.
    Spoiler:

Lots of ways to fuck up though. Wow.
  • Slayed the Spire! Beat the game with Huntress using a combination of extra first turn card draws, corpse explosion on first draw, multiple backstab+ and a shit load of poison. I also got the shovel, which dug up some great relics on the way.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Noice! Love me a bit of Corpse Explosion.

So training done. Onto the real game now ;-)
  • I thought beating it might allay some of the addiction, but I was wrong.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yep. I’ve had to force myself to stop so that I can play other games. Then they release the new character.
  • Gremill wrote:
    I thought beating it might allay some of the addiction, but I was wrong.

Really you're at the beginning. What's amazing about this game is while I loved it when I completed it, I loved it even more when I'd completed it 20 times.
  • It actually doesn't look that bad on the switch handheld screen. It really is perfect for it.
  • This was my winning build:
    G0XYfJQ.jpg

So what happens now? I've played it again but don't notice any difference - do I have to beat it with each of the characters?
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    There will be an option to pick Ascension mode when you select a character
  • Yeah, so further to my above spoiler on new character, I went into fight with hexagon in act 1 with half health, but a lot of retention plus block. (plus gaining smites that ended up 0 cost.)

Basically managed to tank my way through x amount of turns of damage from him before unloading wrath and a bunch of upgraded smites with +2 vulnerability, wiped him out from near full health in one turn. Oh my.
  • I have had this and have been playing it since it came on Gamepass.
    I maxed out all upgrades on all 3 characters early on but for whatever reason failed to complete all three bosses with any of the characters.

Just completed it with all 3 characters this evening. Well happy.
  • Nice, that’s impressive work for one evening!
  • Yay first time up the spire! Just with the starting dude. I need to figure out an easy way to get the screenshot off my switch. Had a lot of good strength and power combos
  • Thought I was going to smash my way up the tower with the Ironclad earlier. Can't remember the names of some of the cards but I was rocking a few Body Slams and some BIG ARMOUR cards as well as Barricade. Combined with having got a bunch of the card that means you only take one damage per hit, I was just cycling through the deck building up for the mega hits.

Was working brilliantly until it wasn't.

Bleugh. Great game.
  • On one of my wins I had 2x Immolate+ (28 damage to all enemies), one of which was drawn automatically in my first hand. Then had a relic that meant my first attack each turn that cost 2 or more power was dealt twice.

So a minimum of 56 damage to all enemies as my first move each combat and then again whenever those cards came around again.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    @Tiger in general best way to win, especially early on, with Ironclad, is to go for strength build. Then start to look at deck manipulation. Early games you tend to ignore non damage or block cards, but those that can modify the deck can be key to success later on. Headbutt being a great card for Ironclad.
  • The game is fundamentally brilliant at making sure that you'll meet something that is the perfect counter to what you're doing. Combo of pathing, rng and where in the run you meet said problem is sometimes key.

Barricade/bodyslam especially with corruption can be amazing. But given they're both standard 3 cost cards, if you don't get them at the right time, it can take a while to be ready to lay smack down.

If you do get to have a deck with them as drivers at final boss stage, Woah, you can do some stupid damage.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!