DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    srs though lads its mint

t-shirt ting
  • Really 'productive' day. Onto a13 for Silent and a11 for Ironclad and Defect. No doubt I will hit a wall sometime soon. I seem to have gotten noticeably better over the last 24 hours.
  • srs though lads its mint

t-shirt ting

That is pretty sexy!
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Just had the best Defect run yet. So many factors came together making me indestructible.

- Begin each fight with frozen core, 1 plasma and 1 dark
    - Always start with biased cognition in hand and 1 artefact 
    - Extra starting energy with lantern and runic pyramid 
    - Always start with double energy (!) in hand and ice cream cone to carry over absolutely vast sums of energy
    - Gremlin horn and nunchaku to keep on adding to the energy as the game progresses
    - heatsinks and 2x cool headed to cycle the deck when needed (could almost go infinitely when I needed a specific card)
    - Channel X+1 lightning as a finisher

Wish I had gone for the heart there. I never felt so indestructible. Most turns I'm just sitting back accumulating energy, but when needed I could comfortably ramp up to 90 odd block to deal with a heavy attack
  • Those first 2 are amazing by themselves. Woah.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • The one sense I get with this game is less that I’m enjoying every run but more the hope for the next one will always have some promise in it. Sometimes i hit jackpots but mostly not.
  • I wwnt through that, i use runs that are going badly to try stuff. New cards etc.

Other times I just go the total gamble route.
  • Finding ac18 really tough going with defect. Finding swapping out starting relic very unhelpful as that extra 3 damage per turn on first few enemies can. Make all the difference with early hp saving.

Transform card has been a mixed bag as you'd expect.

Basically hoping for enemies with 1hp thing and then a good path for any decent run.
  • Decided to mix it up and get hammered with silent for a change.

Ac18 is basically a little sadistic.

• After the 5 Upgrade unlocks per character does it just become an even playing field?
  • Do you mean is each character equally viable?
  • I'd say it's ironclad, then defect then silent.

Although now I'm at ac18 it feels like a wash between defect and silent.

• Part of it comes down to strength of specific mechanics, buffs and relics.

I'd say that of the 3 "secondary" mechanics that the characters are built on - exhaust, discard and energy - exhaust is most powerful. Particularly with certain relics.

Strength is probably also the most consistently useful buff too.

Like, even if you have a poison build silent, if you get the perm 1 str relic, it really helps.
  • Actually, I wonder what 4th character mechanics will be?

My guess secondary mechanic will basically have to be card draw.

Primary something brand new.
  • Cheers.
    I meant more if stuff keeps unlocking to aid progress but all that covers other questions I have.

Currently I really enjoy a Silent poison build but as you say with strength buffed as well. Dealing near 150 poison to a boss was very satisfying.

I struggle a bit with Defect but it's obvious they have the most complex mechanics at least at first.
  • Defect basically goes: enjoy the rng ride and when the chips fall your way they really fall your way.

I can almost guarantee your first victory with defect will be easy. You might take a while to get there, but once a defect deck is humming you'll be doing some stupid damage with like 12 orbs and constant energy and laughing.
  • Have been giving this a fair crack over the last week.  You guys aren't kidding about it.

Even at this early stage, not really knowing what to do it just sucks you in.  I'm finding it really hard to stop having one more run of a night.

Learning very slowly; still a fair way off understanding some of the builds that are being talked about in this thread (my strategy is mostly picking the card that does most damage for least amount of energy!) but its still fun to just try out what the game throws at you early and seeing what it does.

Can see this being my game to play while listening to podcasts for quite some time!
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • Haven’t played in ages cos either watching TV series, reading book, or holiday (last day today).

Will get back on it when back commuting next week. Need Defect win then I’ll start the Ascensions.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Managed my defect win tonight. Channeling frost seemed to work for me.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Thats the highest I've had a dark orb (daily challenge)

icOwkOh.jpg
  • Lol. Was trying to see how you did that. I'd got dead branch and had orbs coming in too much, but you have cables and slot generation and I'm guessing not much orb generation. Did that take the whole fight to build? Might have only been half given double trigger.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    From near the start. I only had five cards that gave orbs so once they were set I couldnt get rid of it. Also two Consumes.
  • This thread reminds me of the Dark Souls threads - absolute gibberish to the uninitiated (ie. me). Can someone point me in the direction of a guide to the rules etc of this? I don't really have a clue about even the basics.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Don't worry. Just play. Work through unlocking the cards and relics for each character.

By the time you've even unlocked basics for ironclad, you'll have basics down. Then questions on specifics will come.

The stuff above about what defect is doing in a daily run is all entirely unnecessary for first run throughs.

If you're using ironclad, hit things hard, and get strength to hit them harder.
  • Enjoyed today's daily.
    I'm an absolute shiv monster.
  • Facewon wrote:
    Don't worry. Just play. Work through unlocking the cards and relics for each character.

By the time you've even unlocked basics for ironclad, you'll have basics down. Then questions on specifics will come.

The stuff above about what defect is doing in a daily run is all entirely unnecessary for first run throughs.

If you're using ironclad, hit things hard, and get strength to hit them harder.
    Cheers.
    So, the relics are passive buffs?
    Gamertag: gremill
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    A lot of them are but some change the way the fundamentals of the game plays. For example strange spoon stops exhaust cards exhausting 50% of the time. Or dead branch gives you a random card when you do exhaust a card. You can pick up some from events that have a negative effect or combined negative and positive, such as the Necronomicon which doubles the 2+ card attack each turn but gives you a special curse. Then there are some that I don’t know if they do anything at all, I’m thinking the bird mask.
  • I think the bird mask effects the bird blokes it looks like (not the actual flying birds).
    I'm not 100% sure but I think it lessens the effect of the ritual they do.
  • I always thought it was purely cosmetic.

As mentioned, relics do all sorts of stuff, you can always check what they do by hovering over them with cursor, or however it works with controller, and obviously, in shops, and at end of level boss you get to select them, so you have a choice.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!