Slay the Spire: B&B GOTY 2018, 2020, 2021, and Forum Pariah 2019
  • DLC you say?
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Yeah there's a 4th character being developed actually.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • So that'll be me cracking 1000 hours easy.
  • Oh dear god no.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Holy shit am on a run with silent that may be blessed. A loss will hurt. Gave up cash at start to get Icecream. (keep energy between turns)

Got dead branch as next relic. Midway through act 2 I was down to 2 health with a question mark and a shop before 2 fights.

Got cash from the question mark and it meant I had enough for the perfect relic for that situation.

Full health and upped hp.

Fucking hell.

Deck is solid. Fingers crossed.
  • Fucked that dead branch deck.

Didn't get to drop corpse explosion in time, was generating too much energy and no block on donuts.

Have a strange shiv deck going with some normally weak relics doing good stuff. Boot (attacks do min 5 damage) and fan (4block every 3 attacks) + 2 upgraded after images (1 block per card played.)

In act 3. Time eater to come, which is bad for a mega cheap card deck, and the only thing doing big damage is phantom what's it name. (double damage next turn.)

Still, have over 100 hp thanks to relics, so might be. A shot
  • I beat the heart!

Got stuck on a screen at the end and had to alt+f4 to close though, is that supposed to happen?
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Not normally. But well done!!
  • Thanks! Had some great combos going on, mostly poison focused. Will screenshot my set up later.
  • Played a few more times and really enjoying The Silent.  Gotta EDIT:vove, wtf, love that poison build up.
  • This was yesterday's heart-breaking set up:

20190810112157-1.jpg
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Stopped playing this for a while, but picked up back up over the last few days. Finally got my first victory.... and another after a few tries with Silent. Hooked again now.

2hx5z5w.jpg

34zy842.jpg

Haven't unlocked everything for Silent so might do that before moving on to the other mon.
  • I just fucked a great silent run royally. 

Worst dumb mistake I can recall making.

Act 2, I'm rolling a shivvy deck, with Terror putting 99 vulnerable on enemies, and it dropping first turn always thanks to bottled lighting.

Had guira or however it's spelt, and had used it three times, so had 3 str from that plus the other relic that gives you one.

Got offered that relic from the pleading little fucking goblin thing. Had a brain fart, gave up guira thinking it was already used up, in the same sense as the one that stops 2 curses etc, but no, of course, if you give it up, you lose the 3 str.

Just before act 2 boss too. 

Died there. What a dumb ass. It was a great run too to that point, had full health.
  • Lost to Awakened One again with Defect. That’s 7 runs now with Defect with 3 losses to Act 3 boss and 4 to Act 2 boss. Victory will come soon I hope.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Problem with Awakened One and Defect is he’s very reliant on power cards and AO gains strength from each power card played. Makes it a more difficult fight than with the other characters.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    So I stop playing for a while and when I come back get a victory with all three in three days. Mental.

kswsh.jpg

So what's all this ascension business then?
  • Nice.

1. 20 ascension levels. They make the game harder each time you beat act 3 boss.

2. If grab 3 shards on a run, you can fight heart after act 3.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Righto. Cheers.

Will crack on tomorrow then. And probably start all over when it comes on Gamepass Weds too :/
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Nice one Pea.

Just had my first successful run with Snecko Eye. Quite a small deck for me. Had the relic that gave +2hp instead of a card so that was May main tactic. Had about 120hp by the end. Demon form, plus limit break plus spot weakness and the pen relic was smashing everything. Donu went on third round. Fiend Fire saw to Deca on the fourth. Asc 9 now on switch.
  • Good fun daily today, pretty easy though.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    CJJC4p9.png

First Ironclad victory on my 6th run. Went all out on the blocks, Barricade and Juggernaut were key, and Thread and Needle was great just to let me survive until I'd had time to put up my impenetrable defence.

Might try Silent tomorrow.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Nice one!!
  • Good work.

Speaking of which, just had one of my proudest victories.

Niche relic, some gambles early, using some knowledge and some pretty amazing synergies.

Silent Ac17 done.

Got bandage early. (3 block for discarding cards.)

Got the opportunity to get enlightenment early too, and upgrade. (all cards in hand cost 1 for rest of combat. 0 cost card.)

Realised immediately that chasing 2 cost cards was gonna be amazing. In particular, the one that discards all cards for shivs. (big block, multiple attacks in this case, largely for 1 energy.)

Got through act 1 and got necro relic in second area (2 cost attacks go twice.)

Particularly once I got to default 4 energy to start I was basically able to use 4 2 cost cards a turn A LOT.

For instance: 2x predator (15 damage, 2 cards next turn) then enlightenment to drop everything to 1, drop leg sweep or thousand cuts or corps explosion. If I got shiv switch card the next turn it was epic.

Got dead branch in act 3 and it was all over.

Corpse explosion for donuts.

(still 1 turn away from a loss in the end though. Damn.)
  • Corpse explosion seems a bit overpowered. Love it.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Contextual though innit. Doesn’t really help on your big hit single elites or bosses.
  • Nah, its a top tier card, but it costs the right amount and there's plenty of enemies where it doesn't do much. (single enemies, enemies with heaps of artifact.)

I mean, see above. I had to luck out having enough debuffs in hand to remove 3 artifact on first go and do enough block to cover 24ish hp and spend 2 of 4 energy on corpse explosion in above game.

Did it, just, because the poison and the explosion are 2 seperate debuffs.

Still only just beat them.
  • @Sparky you got a Victory on your 6th run?! Wow.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    CJJC4p9.png

First Ironclad victory on my 6th run. Went all out on the blocks, Barricade and Juggernaut were key, and Thread and Needle was great just to let me survive until I'd had time to put up my impenetrable defence.

Might try Silent tomorrow.

Nice. Think I've only ever come across Barricade a few times, I fancy a build with it. Took about 6 tries with Silent and the stars aligned for my Defect victory on my second go with it.

Got to the act 3 boss twice with Ironclad on Bone last night, breezing through but my decks boss were just not suited for that last push. Had it down to 6 health before dying on my second run. Grrr!

Did get the cheevo for killing a boss with 1hp left though. That was tense.

Had to change the controls on Bone as I'm used to Switch and it was driving me insane.
  • Barricade is tough to get going, and hard to get going if you're also trying to get some of the other high cost power cards for ic, but man, when it goes, it's Cray.

Formerly dead turns when there's no attack coming either way are suddenly awesome.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Got absolutely demolished by the first Elite as Silent.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!