Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Beat Heart. No Asc. Heavy Blade+ had 1094dmg value on last turn.

QFT
  • I have come to Arran and forgot to bring the laptop.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Go back... whatever it takes!
  • Just remembered that steam playtime lies. I'm not over 800 hours of actual playtime, only 634.

Yeah.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • 800+ runs. 52 wins.

That's gonna get so much worse as a % while trying to get AC17+ wins.

Modifier for Ac17 is normal enemies with tougher move sets.

Highlights include: birds now take 4 hits to ground.

Little furry shield fucks have 10+ shield after first hit, the other bird mask dudes from first section now buff +5 strength per turn.

Its going well.
  • Well, AC17 down with defect.

Many many attempts, but only took 3 times making it to third act to do it.

Dead branch life saver, amongst some other stuff.
  • Second run with ic on Ac17, might do it. Up to act 3. Dead branch again, with all the hot exhaust cards and a couple of other relics that play nice.
  • Got Deca and Donu with Defect last night. Got Donu, and Deca down to 70 or so before being vanquished. Unlocked more cards, some tasty looking ones!

I feel like I just bundle my way through by sheer luck.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • JpDssPy.png
    C537GL5.png
  • This is free with Humble for next month. One of the early unlocks. Who needs this in their lives?
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Everyone.
  • Got this from Humble today.

Died at the second boss.
  • I'm confused.  What happens when you die?

I was playing off Steam when I died at the 2nd boss.  Then started Steam and played again.  On continuing, the game put me just before half way on the first floor, I think.  Assuming the steam cloud sync had messed up and it had loaded an earlier save, I then abandoned the run.  It then looked like it was continuing from my 1st game after all, and did something to the score and unlocked some cards.  Looks like I probably shouldn't have abandoned.
  • It doesn't matter. As long as you unlocked some stuff.

Its Rogue, when you die you start again.
  • Sounds like something fucked up. It’s a pretty straight die and restart
  • And next game died to first floor boss, game ended as expected, with no continue.

So do you continue if you get past the first floor, or did I have a relic, or did the sync just get messed up?
  • Ok, cool, thanks.
  • If you reach the first floor boss you get a whale bonus on restarting
  • Oh I saw that for my second game.
  • Lol, didn't even remember whale was unlock.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I bought this on release for Switch, and played a few games here and there, not understanding the fascination you lot have with it. 

But now, only 7 hours playtime later, i'm starting to see the possibilities, the depth, the synergy with the few cards i've been exposed to. The tactics are almost limitless. If only that cruel Mistress named RNG didn't fuck everything up! lol! But if she was kind all the time, the game would have a very short life-span.

Its not new news, but the sign of a truly great game is one that plagues your thoughts, infects your dreams, interupts your daily shower-wank with moments of inspiration.

Its a difficult cunt, and you will fail countless times. Disheartening? Yes! But you learn something new with every defeat. Painful, but progress nonetheless.

On a personal side-note, i adore Dephect. It's full plethora of capabilities are still way beyond me, but i prefer playing 'stack-em-and-pack-em' as apposed to the cagey style of Silent and the balls-out attitude of Ironclad. And i know there is way more to those two than limited experience can truly understand at this point.

What i do understand, is that the game had a year long gestation period in Early Access, and its clear thats exactly what it needed - as it stands now, the game seems balanced to perfection. And again, i'm basing this on my very limited game time. 

End of the day it boils down to this: a bunch of internet friends/fanatics kept crying about this. It looked boring like all card games do (to me), but i gave it a whirl. Didn't see what the fuss was about. But those fuckers kept posting, and enthuisiasm is infectious, even over wifi, so i tried again. Not much luck. So i played some more until i started to see a pattern of enemies i could recognise and know their attack patterns etc (hello Souls), then i started thinking about my deck a little more, and its still waaaaaaaayyyyy too complex for me to fully understand given my limited exposure, but the bait & hook are firmly lodged in my throat.

Yes i'm gonna play now. Thank you Switch. <3
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    This is pretty much everyone’s story it’s scary how similar the experience is. And it was definitely this thread that made me buy the game. And I started not understanding the fuss. And I thought Defect was the best. And then... Ironclad clicks. And then... you get the big Silent win. And then... you say goodbye to the real world for a while. Welcome :-)
  • Just in case anyone is interested.

If you want native DS4 support on the pc (e.g. no Steam controller mapping), make the following changes to the file 'SlayTheSpire\preferences\STSInputSettings_Controller':

{
      "SELECT": "1",
      "CANCEL": "2",
      "VIEW": "0",
      "PROCEED": "3",
      "PAGE_LEFT_KEY": "4",
      "PAGE_RIGHT_KEY": "5",
      "MAP": "8",
      "SETTINGS": "9",
      "LS_Y_POSITIVE": "-1000",
      "LS_Y_NEGATIVE": "1000",
      "LS_X_NEGATIVE": "-1001",
      "LS_X_POSITIVE": "1001",
      "RS_Y_POSITIVE": "1002",
      "RS_Y_NEGATIVE": "-1002",
      "RS_X_POSITIVE": "-1003",
      "RS_X_NEGATIVE": "1003",
      "DRAW_PILE": "-1005",
      "DISCARD_PILE": "-1004"
    }

This fixes the buttons and controls being out of sync e.g. X button on the DS4 is now the same as the A button on an xbox pad.
    Icons are still xbox, and the in game display is completely foobarred (hence the reason for having to remap the buttons above) but it works the same as an xbox/xinput pad now.
  • First time making it to act 3 boss on Ac17.

Got ascendant one half way dead in second form.

Under powered poison/discard deck, with corpse explosion doing too much of the heavy lifting.

Using multiple of the block card that keeps block between turns was good.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Blur. Excellent card. Nice one. Will pick this back up after first run through FE.
  • Yep. 800 hrs and I still forget cars names.
  • Had another good run and got donuts to 3 quarters dead.

• Ffs
  • I need to return to the spire but I'm having too much fun painting plastic warhammer men atm. The DLC will get me back at least.

Or face will clear asc17 and then I'll want to join in on that as well haha!
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!