Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Well done me
  • I'm really getting the hang of Silent now. Discard builds are the hardest make but can be insane.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yep I’ve discovered how much better it is when you have draw and discard cards to try to control your hand more. I’m Asc6 on Switch (think I’m 8 on PC).
  • I found 10 a real hurdle.
  • How many ascensions are there?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • 20. They slowly start adding handicaps and each one carries over to the next level. Like the rest of the game it's a brilliant idea, and it really teaches you the complexity and subtleties of this brilliant little game. i feel like I've never got to 'know' a game like this before - we're practically married. It is brutal but you keep getting a little bit better as you move up the levels. This really is the heart of the game.
  • It reminds me a bit of poker, oddly, although mathematically this is much more complicated than poker. Every new card dilutes your existing deck, and it's this battle between card usefulness and dilution that's so absorbing. As Boris says with Silent it's all about deck control, and cards that allow you to swap out your hand for or carry a card to the next hand are enormously powerful. This is why people struggle with the game at first - the cards that initially seem powerful often aren't if you're only building a deck with this simple type.
  • AC16 for silent is an absolute ballache. I'm not even consistently getting to act 3.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • I can't imagine what handicaps are left and I'm only on 11. The loss of a potion slot was a heavy blow. I never realised for a while how good Neutralize is when upgraded. It's my go to upgrade now.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I only did this in the last few weeks too. But the key for Silent is to avoid damage and this goes a long way to aiding that. It then means you can upgrade rather than rest at camp sites.
  • Yeah the 2 weak really carries over when the deck is small. Make a big difference in the opening parts.
  • It's the best starter upgrade, closely followed by Zap
  • I need to spend more time with defect, the child nobody wants.
  • Speak for yourself. Defect and ironclad are equally fun for me. Ironclad is strong and consistent, defect is VARIABLES LOLOLOL.

Silent is just a fucking depressing grind now.
  • Only because you're stuck.
  • I want to beat the heart once with the robot but there are so many variables.

I have a question: if you get to the final boss in the third act and win without the three keys does that count as a victory? When you guys are beating ascension levels is that also buy going through the hard route?
  • Hell no. Victories (unlocking the next ascension) is just beating act 3 boss. I'd still be on ac2 or 3 if I was only trying to get heart wins and getting the 3 keys.
  • Yeah, no heart required to unlock the next asc. I haven't even beat the heart yet.
  • Although I think I'm going to have a bash today.
  • I wonder if I’m doing it wrong bashing my head on beating the heart first.

It’s annoying that beating level 3 doesn’t count as a victory if you do get to the heart if it does count if you wimp your way around it (missing at least a smith, relic and fighting a harder epic).
  • The Heart is an optional challenge to unlock and beat. If you're always trying to beat it before you've got a decent amount of wins under your belt you're almost certainly setting yourself up for a fail, as the heart needs a lot of knowledge to beat.

Specifically, you need to know how to build a deck that has the options required to beat the heart without compromising your chances against the Act 3 bosses.
  • Yeah I was doing asc to git gud and got too absorbed to go back and try heart. I will though, as I was pretty amazed how easy the none asc level is when you go back to it.
  • So I went for a heart run and swapped out the relic. Got the one where you can't see enemy intent. Nearly had the time eater but wasn't going to make the heart with an opening relic like that.

il86uzG.jpg
  • Yay did heart with IC

230kTHJ.jpg
  • How does one ‘do’ a heart run?
  • You have to beat the game with all three characters to unlock it, then you'll be able to find the keys on subsequent runs. One is by fighting a Special Elite (highlighted by Flames) one is by sacrificing the relic you get from the Act chest, and one is get by sacrificing your options at a bonfire.
  • It's going to be insane trying heart on asc 20.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!