Slay the Spire: B&B GOTY 2018, 2020, 2021, and Forum Pariah 2019
  • I didn't want to create a new thread so these What Would You Do? posts will live internally.

What would you do?

t7dH68q.jpg

I'd upgrade Bash because 3 Vulnerable is too good to resist. 

At a push I'd transform but it's a risk as it'd have the biggest impact. Even if the transformed cards weren't initially favourable it should be easy enough in the first few encounters to get by and pick up some better early-type cards, and then focus on the transformations a bit later. Still a risk and you lose early control but could work out very well.

Prior to ac15 I'd check where the first shop is and he many question marks there are and go lose gold and transform. 2 new cards and then rely on a gain gold from a question mark.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Just goes to show everyone's different, although keeping the relic seems a given.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • I played the daily challenge today. It was as insane as the last time I played it. It's quite useful for learning different ways to play.
  • Funnily enough, I got that exact option with defect, just now. Absolute fail on the transform front.

Runs still going to be good, but that failed.

Also yeah, that ironclad relic is just not worth gambling on. And as you can see, I'll gamble.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Yeah it's risky, but early on it's easy enough to get by I think. If it doesn't work out I look for corridor battles to get the deck back in order, then the transformed cards are often useful later on.
  • I think I’ve put around 15 hours into this and still haven’t completed a run yet. Yesterday, I got midway through Act 3, which I understand is near the end. I came across an enemy that did 48 damage in a single hit and that was that. That run was probably the first time that I felt I was combining cards, relics and potions effectively, and not just choosing the best option (and hoping) in any given hand.
  • When it starts tp click is when it starts to get good. There's so much to learn.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Dont worry about it Syph, it took tempy 300 hours to win his first run
  • this game’s crazy high knowledge/skill ceiling is what keeps me going. Even accounting for the rng there’s a feeling it’s possible to complete every run, given the right choices are made at each stage.

• Made it to the Act 3 boss. Nope.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    But getting better right?
  • Just had an interesting Silent run. Hadn't really done a discard deck before but I swapped out the relic and it gave me the kite. This meant the extra energy was useless because I had to discard 2 of the (now) 5 opening cards. Tough start then, but as I went through I got a couple of Sneaky Strikes which gave me back the 2 points it took to play them. Still useless but a start. I also had Eviscerate+ which does 3 * 8 but costs 4 minus the number of discarded cards each turn, so was costing me 2. Again I had too much energy from all this and only 3 cards to play so it was for nought. Then I got a couple of backflips and that changed everything because it was blocking AND drawing 2 more cards. Then a Heel Hook helped keep the momentum going if the enemy was weak by drawing another card and another energy.

It's a shame I lost so much in the first 3 encounters because it was shaping up to be pretty special and I was annoyed that I got so close to defeating the Act 1 boss. A good rare card and it could have been amazeballs although it would have taken ages. Discard decks are not for the lazy. This is why I love swapping out the first relic with Silent, you learn a bit and it's really interesting. That was so close to being great.

DK3qWDN.jpg
  • In fact I'm going to seed it and play through it again.

I didn’t realize this was possible. So you can complete ascensions by replaying those perfect starts ?

• Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    No they dont unlock iirc
  • Syph79 wrote:
    Made it to the Act 3 boss. Nope.

Now you know what one of the bosses is, so you’ve learned something.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Otherwise just replay an easy win 20 times
  • Ah balls you can't seed it properly - whale offers nothing.
    I didn’t realize this was possible. So you can complete ascensions by replaying those perfect starts ?

No they don't unlock on custom.
  • Jesus Silent asc 10 is murder. You're so vulnerable early on you're having to rest all the time.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Syph79 wrote:
    Made it to the Act 3 boss. Nope.

Now you know what one of the bosses is, so you’ve learned something.

Yup - seen the end now. For those who’ve been there ...
    Spoiler:

• There’s another act you can unlock and beat, yes.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Jorbs just said in his stream that choosing potions at the whale technically generates a card reward screen without showing the card. And thus having the chance of getting a rare card earlier in the run. You start with a - 2% chance of a rare card, so that potion reward screen would never have a rare card.

Could be another reason for grabbing the whale potions
  • I extra-refuse to do it now based on information we couldn't possibly know or work out without being a pro. I'll toss care to the wind, swap out the relic and don't spare the horses.
  • Jorbs and his crazy facts.
  • Even after all these hours I sometimes think there's a mark on the screen.
  • I stumbled my way to Act 3 boss with Silent last night. Struggle with her (?), especially early on. Got Deca and Donu, managed to cast Corpse Explosion on Donu and was close to getting it done! Dammit. Still have 4 more unlocks though.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I finally did SAC10. Not easy.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!