Slay the Spire: B&B GOTY 2018, 2020, 2021, and Forum Pariah 2019
  • With headbutt it's moisterer
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • If you like that kinda thing.
  • So close.

Silent a16 run. Time eater, about 10 hp way from poisoning before he could heal.

Fucker.

Couldn't take the big triple hits that follow.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Those triple hits are a fucker.

Just did Asc6 IC on the Switch. Need to get back on PC but Switch is so convenient.
  • after some quick feedback as to whether I should be taking apparitions. 

- im at the start of act 2. 
    - ironclad
    - 107 starting health. this is going to increase a lot as I have 2 upgraded feeds raising my health
    - deck has some strength gain, two metalicize adding block at end of each turn, and also juggernaut dealing 7 damage whenever I gain block

I guess aparitions are only good if you've not got much block? or for decks really emphasising strength? I seem to be something in between?
  • losing 54 health doesn't sound like such a big deal right now. but im not sure if the apparitions will help my somewhat mixed strategy. they might make quite a few of my cards redundant.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I’ve had wins with Apparitions but you can get fucked on the bosses with big HP as you need to do the damage really within five or six turns. The spoon relic can help to mitigate the apparitions exhausting and is a good synergy. Along with draw cards like seek and skim etc.

Just won Asc7 IC on Switch against Deca Donu but it was close only 6hp left. Was hit and miss all the way through with the Sword summoning elite getting me down to 4hp.

I should also read relic descriptions more. I took the relic that increases your strength by 2 and the enemy by 1. I didn’t realise it was every bloody turn!

• Apparitions are great when you need some time to build up something like poison. I once got offered Apparition + and I'm not sure why.
  • Did you have the venom egg which auto upgrades skills?

Apparition is frequently considered an auto win because of the mitigation, of you have feed with ironclad it’s like... an auto pickup because you can get your health back to 80 AND have 5 turns of no damage?

With Silent I find it tougher but gimme it with that upgraded Well Laid Plans
  • Finally made asc 11 on IC. That took a while.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Did you have the venom egg which auto upgrades skills?

Yes!
  • Glad I took those apparitions. Health is currently at 112 going in to fight the Time Nugget
  • Got the heart down to 90 health. I could have beaten it for sure had I used two apparitions the turn before his big hit, but I tried to ration them too carefully

it seems as though whichever character Im playing as at the time is my favourite one by far
  • They stack so use them all unless they're upgraded.
  • whichever character Im playing as at the time is my favourite one by far

Yeah. It's sort of 3 games in one.
  • They stack so use them all unless they're upgraded.

Yea I knew this. They were just the last two in my deck, the heart was not attacking the next turn, so it was either use both or neither. I chose neither, which was a mistake
  • If they weren't upgraded you lose them anyway because ethereal.
  • They were upgraded. Picked up a couple of those skills which upgrade all cards in your hand. Maybe it’s called ornament?

This is the best game since Trials HD
  • Even though they stack you know for sure when you do stack the baddie will start wheeling out the ten damage+ special effect bullshit.
  • They were upgraded. Picked up a couple of those skills which upgrade all cards in your hand. Maybe it’s called ornament? This is the best game since Trials HD

Why aren't you in my steam friends list?
  • Has Clothesline been upgraded to 2 weak or am I going mad?
  • They were upgraded. Picked up a couple of those skills which upgrade all cards in your hand. Maybe it’s called ornament? This is the best game since Trials HD
    Why aren't you in my steam friends list?

You can be my first friend. Whats your tag?
  • Spacegazelle1 - I got so drunk I couldn't remember the first one and had to start again.
  • Beat the heart. Fuck yes. I had 2 health left at the end. Two! And no block either. I feel so elated.
  • Ironclad. Snecko Eye. Demon form and some more power boosting cards/relics. Corruption. And that other power which means you draw a card when you exhaust a card. Smashed it. Only ascension 2 mind, but still very happy.

Curious. Why do my stats say I've only completed it twice with Defect when im already on ascension 5?
  • Spacegazelle1 - I got so drunk I couldn't remember the first one and had to start again.

I get error 109 when I try to add. Try adding me. should be same as my tag here
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Nice one Noxy! Never really used Snecko Eye with any success.
  • Amazing work Nox!!! I have never beaten it.
  • Rah, man like Noxy breaking hearts, good job dude!
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Well done. I'm nowhere near heart runs. I'm more on that ascension tip.

Have messed up 2 silent runs recently by getting greedy with cards and then gambling on relics.
    I'm still great and you still love it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!