Slay the Spire: B&B GOTY 2018, 2020, 2021, and Forum Pariah 2019
  • Had a great run last night with silent. Really well balanced deck focused on pulling through cards and hitting big with Bullet Time. Had one poor turn on the last boss though (weird bird thing) which knocked me down to 5 health. Managed to finish off his first form with a lucky double corpse explosion, but couldn’t muster the defence to survive.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Nice.

Having just talked about artifacts, I thought I'd go back to ac1 and see what a heart run looks like again.

Been butting heads with silent on ac16 so thought I'd go ironclad.

Holy cow ac1 is easy now.

Mega strength build. Lucked out on artifact relic.

Lucked out on choosing power card to start with. (Iimit break)

Then lucked out with jax relic. So was rocking minimum 6 strength to begin every battle. Got exhume as well, and had an upgraded armaments too. Basically had a whole bunch of strength and exhaust buffs happening.

Normal bosses all got spanked.

Time eater in 4 turns.

Was going great against the pair, then I miscounted energy and left a big hit getting me because I was facing wrong way like a dumbass.

Recovered from that and still made it to heart, but only with quarter health. Still got him down to 50 health and would have had him on next turn.

The relic that makes all damage under 5 is amazing against heart. His first 2 x12 attacks do 12 only.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Yeah I did exactly the same, got bored of defeat and turned asc off. I wasn't aiming for heart but I did beat the final act 3 boss three times in a row. l must try the heart again.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • So went Silent and swapped out relic. Black star means chasing elites from the getgo which makes you powerful enough to chase them on all 3 maps.

urMPlcv.jpg
  • I Burst+ on 2 Catalyst+ for stupid poison on Timekeeper.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Noice - I had a few runs swapping out the Silent's relic and generally did ok.
  • Yeah it generally is, and it makes it interesting. You learn to use different types of deck and it's good for general skillz I reckon.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    My best Silent run (not my highest, but definitely my best). Reasonably controlled deck, good synergy of relics and played more tactically than I have ever done. Previously I’ve gone on instinct. I’ve watched one of Jorbs over explained videos and while I feel his concepts are slightly difficult for my ageing brain to fully grasp the one take away, which I’m sure Tempy has mentioned more than once, is it is incredibly difficult to actually sculpt a deck to a specific archetype. And that it isn’t really a benefit, except when it does come together (e.g. claw deck) it can be an exhilarating experience.

In general for this run I felt more in control of my hand, particularly with a number of draw and retain controlling cards that I haven’t always bothered with, except ironically when trying to build a specific deck. The only real threat coming from Nemesis, but a well time catalyst + took care of that.

What changed this time is that the first card I took informed some of my next choice, with a view of what I would next be facing on the next few floors. While I scan the whole floor at the start there’s no way I hold my whole path in my head or plan beyond the first few floors. I then react to what is happening as I fight. Overall a very satisfying run that has hopefully cemented some of the nuances of the Silent into my future play.

0081-D531-817-C-4636-A87-D-2-A4116623-D97.jpg
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Nicely done bor1s, its the best game when it starts to click
  • Man, can totally make it to heart whenever on ac1.

Died again, just need to learn some discipline through middle. Deck bloat got me this time.

Its only going back to ac1 that reminds you how punitive the game gets at higher ascension.

If you think you're getting worse, play lower for a bit.

Amongst the many things I've noticed, card stealer minions from l2 boss don't auto take best cards at ac1.
  • I like that deck Boris. 

Just did asc8 with silent. Swapping out starter is deffo win. This time it was pyramid relic and I played the game completely differently.

EJ4AmUE.jpg

Finished Asc 11 with IC also. On a roll lately.
  • This might be in my top 3 games of all time. I lay off for a few weeks and it just pulls me back in and I'm obsessed again and just as much as the last time. The addiction never seems to wane. It's like being an alcoholic, you can stop for a few weeks but then it's back on harder than ever.
  • Facewon wrote:
    If you think you're getting worse, play lower for a bit.

Yep.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    That's a big man deck SG
  • Took any 0 energy card offered. Never really played a run like that.

• Just did asc8 with silent. Swapping out starter is deffo win.

I've had success both ways. Didn't appreciate the starting relic enough until I read temps interview with jorbs. I know you don't want to pre-empt too much, but damn, there is no downside to stacking with zero cost and inate stuff.

There's a bunch of generic and then silent specific relics that do first turn stuff. 3 backstabs with first hand vulnerability and/or strength is immense.

Comboed with inate block or block card to let you spend energy on power cards and things can go well.

Have had runs where seemingly every normal battle lasts one or two turns.
  • First heart win!

Ironclad. Ac1. So that's 4 attempts. Made it to heart 3 out of 4.
  • Well done! It goes to show how skilled this game is. It's easy to think sometimes you're just playing it over and over until you get lucky, but dropping down a few asc levels shows how good you've really become. I was shocked how easy asc1 felt.
  • I didn't want to create a new thread so these What Would You Do? posts will live internally.

What would you do?

t7dH68q.jpg

I'd upgrade Bash because 3 Vulnerable is too good to resist. 

At a push I'd transform but it's a risk as it'd have the biggest impact. Even if the transformed cards weren't initially favourable it should be easy enough in the first few encounters to get by and pick up some better early-type cards, and then focus on the transformations a bit later. Still a risk and you lose early control but could work out very well.
  • Upgrade or potions for me
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    Upgrade or potions for me

Agreed.

If this was Silent more leaning to upgrade but probably erring to potions for IC.

Losing all gold for a random transform isn’t worth the risk.
  • Potions over Bash+ ? Madness, especially at the beginning.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    2pt card I find it eats into my choices too much.
  • But it's also 10 damage so early on I find its not much a hinderence, choice wise. If you need to play 2 defends the choice is often there.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    It depends on the map for me. If the first elite I want to fight has a campfire before it, and I'd think I could get there without losing to much health, I'd go for the potions and use the campfire for an upgrade.

If I was going to an early shop (which I try to avoid as I think once you've seen a relic you won't see that again in a run?) I'd probably go for the upgrade as I might be able to remove a card and buy a potion at that point, in case the cards are useless / too expensive.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I did wonder about that bit and the relic. Is that true?
  • Seems right now i come to think of it.
  • Pretty sure it’s true yes, seeing a relic removes it from the pool of future relics.
  • Had a great silent run where I was cloning caltrops and doing 20-25 counter attack damage for each hit taken. Fucked up at the end though and missed the final heart key. Gutted about that. Reckon I was in with a shot.

Last night had an interesting start to an ironclad run. Currently at the start of act 2 with just 10 cards. No strikes. Starting the game with strength boost, Offering (lose health, draw cards and gain energy), and some kind of multislash (forget the name but upgraded and boosted it does 10 damage x times). I also have the relic which means the first attack costing 2+ hits twice, which is great to open with bash or uppercut.

In short this means turn 1 is either 60 damage to all enemies, or 85 damage to one enemy and 40 damage to the rest
  • *correction. did not realise the multi slash thing counts as an attack over 2 cost, so actually I'm doing 120 damage to all enemies on turn one. that was too easy. wish id gone for the heart

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!