myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    You're using your potions @Frantic? Many times where I either saved myself by using them in time or killed myself by forgetting about them.

If you want tips for the two act 3 bosses you mentioned :
    Spoiler:

I'm still not past act 2 with Ironclad, if I can block then I don't have enough time to attack, and if I can attack I die. Sigh. Always die in one of the last hallway fights / elites in act 3. Had Shuriken en Kunai relics last night but just couldn't get the 3 attacks in a turn.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Cheers Nina.

I seem to build a killer deck that breezes to act 3,then falls apart on the boss.

Not had much chance to play this week, just an hour last night.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Nina. Have you tried headbutt? Great card combined with spot weakness. Quickly build up that strength
  • Had my first ascension victory with IC last night. Some great combos, two exhumes coupled with infernal blade, spot weakness, limit break and god knows what else. I was a monster. 60+ strength by the end of the weird crow thing’s second form.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    b0r1s wrote:
    Nina. Have you tried headbutt? Great card combined with spot weakness. Quickly build up that strength
    I've tried headbutt, usually pick it I think. Spot Weakness doesn't exist in my game. Only saw it once.

Just lost to the slime boss with the Silent on Asc3. First time trying this ascension, would have helped if the game offered me useful cards.

Sounds like a fun run you just had, The Daddy!

• Just smashed a15 with the most ridic exhaust deck. All set up with losing Max hp to add dead branch at the whale.

Had been trying to almost force exhaust decks, but once that dropped, it made card selection easy.

Managed to get corruption and barricade with mummified hand in first area.

After that, nothing could touch me. Got to add all the secondary power cards that synergise with those and it was just carnage.

Sleeping dude in first area didn't get to take a hit, I smashed the big blade elite in the second area, he didn't do any damage.

Big head in third got one hit on me.

Feed got me above original hp and by the time eater was up he was toast. He got a couple of early hits, and then it was just a battery.

Stacking juggernauts with barracade and corruption is mental.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Died on Automaton Act 2 boss again using IC. Much closer this time.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • ‘Working’ from home for half a day. Playing a floor every now and then. This might turn into a long half day of work
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Every time I see your name as the last poster in this thread I expect your big win post :-)
  • Still only done 26 runs according to stats. Feels like so much more.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I dread to think how many runs. Or what my win loss rate is. Goes and looks.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    My win rate overall on PC is about 8%. Guessing it’s higher on Switch as I’m used to the lower levels now.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yep win rate on Switch is about 23%.
  • My win rate is about 7%.
  • Aw man just got to Act 3 boss, the odd duo Deca and Donu or something. Got one down and the other to less than half. :(
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    That was me yesterday on Asc3.

Got to Deca Donu with the silent, had corpse explosion in Donu, who had 90hp left when I died. Feels bad.

I just didn't know when to play my wraith form that fight, my damage building was really slow, was mostly blocking while throwing the odd poison card his way.
  • Wraith form can be tricky in boss fights, especially if you are close to killing by the time it would wear off with poison.

I tend to only use it if I know that the kill is guaranteed o'b the turn it wears off, or that I've got enough health to track a big hit from the boss if there is an extra turn or two of reduced blocking for the poison to kill.

Its one of those cards that's so good in hallway fights it can warp your deck into not carrying enough damage mitigation for long fights and then you end up flubbing the boss as a result. Happened to me on more than one occasion for sure.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Corpse explosion is amazing.
  • Got black star as my starting relic, a bunch of great cards and relics on act 1, then somehow totally fucked the boss. Don’t want to play for a while now
  • Got black star as my starting relic, a bunch of great cards and relics on act 1, then somehow totally fucked the boss. Don’t want to play for a while now

I've grown to love black star. It'll either end early or be amaze towards the end. High risk high reward.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    So I'm at Asc 11 with Ironclad and 4 with the other two. Fucking love Ironclad.
  • I’m at asc2 with ic and magic orb dude. Fucked up on the last boss after some poor forward planning with the other dude. Had fucking tonnes of relics, was annihilating everything, but was not well set for big boss. Totally my own fault, got caught up between trying to do poison and trying to do shivs. Had the relic that gave a card for every exhausted card, realised too late that it worked well with shivs. Then overcompensated and just ended up with an unwieldy mess at the end. Gamble on snecko eye didn’t really pay off either.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Having a lot of trouble with The Silent. I've regularly got a fairly decent poison build but it's just not making it to the end. Just doesn't have either the damage dealing or resisting to make it through the third act. Defence is a big problem.
  • There's loads of builds for silent. Exhaust, shiv, skill, poison. Building around relics isn't a bad idea.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Try all the block cards Kow. Mentioned before but stuff like blur can be really powerful if you get a few in your deck.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Yeah, Silent has a few killer cards - Bullet Time, Thousand Cuts etc. I'll have to focus more on block.
  • Your bread and butter blocks are Cloak and Dagger because it synergies with a ton of relics and Backflip for that sweet draw. The best Silent card is probably Footwork, which might just be the best card in the game given how important block is. It’s never situational, because more block is always good.

Caltrops/Bronze Thorns are good too cos you often lack heavy damage. Don’t underestimate Welk Laid Plans either, it lets you hold onto really useful cards like Piercing Wail and Catalyst for the turn you need them.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Oh and Afterimage. Get that upgraded and it becomes innate. Any card you use adds one to your block. Combined with dexterity and block cards and you can block most stuff.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Limit Break+ is best card in game, makes me moist
  • Silent is the hardest to get going. Can rip a win, but many aborted attempts between.

I just did a16 with defect. Was slow going.

Doing silent now. Hard yards. Just made third act on abiut 5th attempt.

I'm still great and you still love it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!