Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Just had my “plan” fall apart on the last but one fight (the blue fucker with the big bite building up strength). Was moderate strength. Really only demon form and a couple of flexes. But good combo of uppercuts, heavy blows and twin strikes was putting paid to most stuff with Fiend Fire to finish a round. As usual. Didn’t get enough block.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    it’s easy to understate how much work lesser relics and utility cards actually do, but confirmation bias makes it seem like the cards that do the big hits are doing the real work.

Agree with this massively. Think this comes with time and experience. Cards like hologram (only 3 block wtf?), Skim, Headbutt, warcry etc I now use a lot as a lot of the time it’s more about trying to control the draw to your need at the time. Something that my inevitably larger decks make these types of card even more important.

There are still combinations of cards I’ve not tried due to perhaps trying once, not getting a synergy, so saying I’m not touching that again.

I’m now being more open to trying as many different cards as possible.

• For what it’s worth when I say e.g. “perfect strike deck” these are always made in conjunction with a few choice deck cycling cards, flex, trip and so on. But to get to that stage it feels like you need a few key pieces.

My sense is that if you want to beat the last guys you need to be building for the long game? It’s quite easy to go up the wrong alleys though.

It’s interesting how the pros seem to talk about maximising opportunities but those appear to require some advanced knowledge of what is to come (dominion style).

You’re always building to fight the last guy yeah, but typically you want to be able to beat your next fight as you nearly always have the opportunity to take cards out of your deck at a later floor, or get more card draw if you need it. Most act 3 bosses are testing your deck on consistency above anything else, which is different to act 1 and 2.

I get that you need foreknowledge of later events to get truly brilliant at the game, but that’s sort of the point. That’s why people play it for 500-2000 hours, because you’re always learning, you’re always putting new things in to practice and reassessing your assumptions about the game. Like Jorbs said in that interview I did, it’s a game of many peaks, and quite a lot of the game is making sure you’re climbing the right peak, or at the very least you’re able to recalibrate your learning once you’ve realised you were climbing the wrong one earlier.
  • CCAB529-F-01-E7-411-B-B28-A-6-F3361-D002-B6.jpg

Finally beat the red route.

Nicely the regen tail remained intact and I had fifty hp left. I did use all my potions there (energy, regen and something else).
  • Potions are stupidly powerful at times, they’re low key one of the most important aspects of high level play
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Nice one Crayon!
  • Another cool addition might be a drivatar style multiplayer mode maybe. On the daily challenge you can upload your guy and the computer will control a download of that guy onto friends games for a fight (best of 3 for luck mitigation.
  • Headbutt is my fave IC card.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    This needs to be on android too, so I can play it all the time.
  • Yeah, why’s there no iPad version?
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • I am definitely getting worse at this the more I play.
  • Headbutt is my fave IC card.

Good card.

What's everyone's slightly irrational love for a card that's only ok card?

Mine's armaments for ic.

Upgraded, I love what it does. I'm sure I've taken it in some completely inappropriate moments.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    The Daddy wrote:
    I am definitely getting worse at this the more I play.

It’ll come back to you. You’re probably just coming across the range of shit that can happen on any run. There is still luck involved, get the wrong ? Room at the wrong time. Take a gamble on not resting at a bonfire to get that juicy upgrade then get a shit room battle. All just part of the fun.
    Headbutt is my fave IC card.

Combined with Spot Weakness, am I right? Right?

• Hmm, I dunno what my irrational love is, because I am a bit try hard. I adore Cloak and Dagger but it's also just blatantly really good, same with Ball Lightning which I also feel is insanely good even though Tier List has it quite low down.
  • I think corruption is also up there for me.

It is a Powerful card, but I've grabbed it on more than one occasion when it wasn't appropriate at all and fucked myself.

Also, a15 is going to be a mofo for me.

I've overrelied on lucking out on question mark rooms, nad it basically shafts that.

• Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    It must be The Bomb. Just because I was watching when jorbs had this run:

I didn't have that much luck with it myself yet.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    b0r1s wrote:
    Headbutt is my fave IC card.

Combined with Spot Weakness, am I right? Right?
    Had my IC asc1 win with a Spot Weakness in the deck. Also had inflame+, heavy strike, the card that does 21 damage to all enemies but adds a burn, the card that does 3 x 5 damage (but with high strength that easily is 7 x 5) and the relic that adds +1 strength when you play 3 attacks.

I shall see if I have a screenshot.

• b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Immolate
    Pummel (?)
    Shuriken

All great. Immolate in particular on floor two is very useful.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Not sure it’s a minor card but never used to use Juggernaut (5/7) damage to random enemy when you add block. Have only recently been adding it to my deck. Combined with Metallicize on one-on-one fights it’s pretty special.
  • Had a fun gimmick deck yesterday with impervious (one time 30 block), metalicize (free block every turn), body slam (damage equal to block) and barrage (maintain block between turns). Also had orichalcum which came into affect rarely.

Made a cock up by not ditching a curse (the one that makes you weak) at the first opportunity.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Stupid fucking game. I forgot to get off the train.
  • Had a fun gimmick deck yesterday with impervious (one time 30 block), metalicize (free block every turn), body slam (damage equal to block) and barrage (maintain block between turns). Also had orichalcum which came into affect rarely.

Made a cock up by not ditching a curse (the one that makes you weak) at the first opportunity.

I wouldn't even call it gimmick. That's a legit way to do things. Barrage is the annoying one. It's expensive and you need it early.

Very hard to pull off, but if you get all of that with corruption (exhaust skills but they 0) plus the one that gives you block for exhausting cards you can do some ridiculous things.

• Yeah, Strength, Block utilisation, health sacrifice, and Exhaust are the four main mechanics IC has in its card pool.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Well that was a weird run. always felt vulnerable, always felt strong. Some fights by the skin of my teeth (think I was down to 3HP at once point).

knVhJqB.png
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Low energy, high strength with the spot weakness but surprisingly not much in the way of upgraded cards. We’re you betting on apotheosis or was it bottled? (Can never know which bottle does what card). Ballsy though.
  • Lightning bottle is the skull one. That card has two utilities in that it also allows resting to heal.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    b0r1s wrote:
    Low energy, high strength with the spot weakness but surprisingly not much in the way of upgraded cards. We’re you betting on apotheosis or was it bottled? (Can never know which bottle does what card). Ballsy though.

I had Apotheosis come out first hand so it worked wonders for me.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    It’s that 144hz screen. The cards come out quicker ;-)
  • Just threw away a stormer of an IC run on that Elite dude that has intangible every other turn. Was comfortable but strength was well up and wanted to take advantage of Reaper to heal up, not realising that the extra turn put me up against his intangible. Minor heal, major death.
  • I fucking hate intangible.

I got to the actual last last boss today. I paid a fucking price nursing through the second lass boss with no access to heal (I took the upgrade everything with no healing like a fucking chump while having a lose HP per card played in my hand and no shops around. All the block in the world didn’t help)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!