Slay the Spire: B&B GOTY 2018, 2020, 2021, and Forum Pariah 2019
  • I got so annoyed today. Ballsed up two Act 3 runs. Once because I missed the power that means only 1hp damage happens for a turn and another because I was being fast and overestimated my energy.

• Nice. I’m having a bit of a blip with this game at the moment. I think now I’m getting more of an idea of strategy I’m making decisions differently, but it’s not paying off. Yet. Hopefully it will eventually. I went through a similar spell with rocket dog, but just ended up not playing it anymore (mainly cos of all the toxic twats on there though).
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Beautifully mental lightning run

z0ckWLR.png
    That time! You already got the achievement for it? I know I'll never get it, can't even get a win in less than an hour.

What does defragment do again?

• b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Increases the focus on orbs. Great card.
  • Defrag increases the focus if your orbs by 1, or 2 if upgraded. It's almost always an insta pick for me if offered.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Rouj plays Echo Form ;-)
  • Haha yusssss.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Thanks the both of you. I had two of those in my deck yesterday as well, now I remember.

It's also the most recognizable card for me, it has pink in the art so it stands out.

Is there a point in the game where card rewards will be more likely to be the upgraded versions? I haven't really been paying attention to it tbh, but sometimes I wonder if I should hold off adding a card if the upgraded version is gonna be better.
    My aggressive Defect run last night needed me to heal at most campfires (plus I had the relic that removed the smith, but I also had the relic that offers a card when resting) so I struggled upgrading cards, and then picking the upgraded version if it got offered.
  • I know the way that potions and Uncommons/Rares work is that there is a low percentage chance for one to appear, that raises with every reward screen. I assume upgrades have a similar counter.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Nina wrote:
    Beautifully mental lightning run z0ckWLR.png
    That time! You already got the achievement for it? I know I'll never get it, can't even get a win in less than an hour.

Most my runs are quick. I find if I take too long I overthink 'em

QLMTuUD.png

I'm top of leaderboards on all 3 characters lol
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    also fuckin finally got this achievement (ironclad in the background)

il1rjOj.png
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Last post in a row promise

Two turns away from Victory ffs

BVJ5Ztp.png
  • Evening all, I'm gonna stream some more Spire at 9. Trying to clear Asc 16 with Silent.

DS pls slow down u r like sanic in this mother. 

http://www.twitch.tv/mm_roujin
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    @DS that the block achievement?

If I'd go as fast as you then I would be ending even more turns with energy left. Worse feeling in this game, pressing y to end turn, notice the 1/3 on the left.

Is dual wield ever a good card? Maybe if you have 0 cost cards? I picked it up to see how it works, but I ended up paying 1 energy to copy a strike that costs 1 energy that I often couldn't even play. Powers are usually even more expensive.
    (it adds a copy of a attack or power card to your hand, but you can only choose from the cards currently in your hand).

I did have some fun with Bullet Time today, I didn't actually wanna buy it but pressed the wrong button. It was not as good as in Rouj's game but I had ornamental fan so that was usually a guaranteed 4 block. Not much but it helped me. Still lost against the Champ. One more turn and I would have won.
  • Tempy wrote:
    I know the way that potions and Uncommons/Rares work is that there is a low percentage chance for one to appear, that raises with every reward screen. I assume upgrades have a similar counter.

Id be shocked if there wasn’t some repeating card bias too.

• b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Never use dual wield.

And I never even knew I’d completed a run that quickly. I usually take ages.
  • Tempy wrote:
    I know the way that potions and Uncommons/Rares work is that there is a low percentage chance for one to appear, that raises with every reward screen. I assume upgrades have a similar counter.

Id be shocked if there wasn’t some repeating card bias too.

From what I know, there isn’t
  • I have now cleared Asc 16 with all of the mens. 

Also, I will accept my prize for the most poison ever ever ever, kthx:
    QI5RDwk.jpg
  • 2187!? Christ on a bike!
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • I dead branched into a Nightmare while I had Catalyst+ in hand.

• Yet you sidestepped the NF catalyst argument
  • Catalyst better than NF the further into Ascension levels you go imho.

NF is crazy value, but it takes time to get rolling, especially when not upgraded. Its ability to strip artifacts is great as well. However, I feel like catalyst is a far more effective card, even though it relies on other poison cards to have been played before it can even do anything.
  • Trufax.

Just lost to Time Keeper on a belter of a block/body slam/strength build, a fair few ways to get it rolling quick, but was still a turn away from being able to deal with his shizzle.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Starts a Defect run
    Checks first two rewards
    Transform 2 cards / max hp +7
    Let's not get used to high hp, take the transforms
    Selects max hp +7.

I don't think I'm gonna get far in this run.
  • Defect I almost always swap the starting relic
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I only risk swapping my starting relic with Silent.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Only Asc 2 but it was a great deck and set of relics. Loads of block and damage reflection.
    rlifQSj.jpg
  • Bizarre win with Ironclad. early pick ups were a little exhausty. So went with it.

Lucked out with necro, Intangible saved me at least 5 times, Likewise getting curse for HP.

Good fun.

Fvm99vf.jpg
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • For the opening offers, I tend to take max hp increase over the random card/relic offers. Taking a random normal relic is fine as well but i usually prefer just having more health.

I always avoid the swap for a random boss relic as you can up with things like the coffee dripper, or the dome which will really make progress extremely difficult if you get them at the start of the game.
  • Nice deck Face!

Did you manage to do a double tap into bludgeon with necro on top? If so, did it do 3, or 4 bludgeons?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!