Slay the Spire: B&B GOTY 2018, 2020, 2021, and Forum Pariah 2019
  • Doesn't really matter. It's any order as decks are generally class specific. Can't remember if there are any colourless cards or not to unlock.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • That's asc 12 IC done. Getting easier for a bit right now but no doubt trouble is just down the road.
  • Wow. AC16 smashed with ic. Mental exhaust deck.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • I'll post pic eventually, but seriously blessed run.

Got curse for rare relic. It gave me vuju doll. So strength per curse (instantly 2 strength then), got sever soul from first fight. That lead me down a path of actively chasing question rooms Nd hoping for curses. Got turnip early, which meant shame didn't do its debuff. Got corruption in first area, ended up with 6 curses, exhume, reaper, mummified hand, barricade and the block for exhaust power card.

To top it off, necrocomicon, giving me 2 goes with first 2 coat attack each turn. (and my final curse).

Ended up with 412 block in one battle in third area and ended up on about 80 of 93 hp with 193 block when I killed donuts.

Silly fun.

• Dead branch and double strength card about the only things that didn't drop to make it completely ridiculous.
  • I'm becoming reliant on Corruption.
  • Argh! One more turn and I reckon I would've had him!

20190722233609-1.jpg
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Lol. We've all been there.

I copped a first round boss loss with hexagon where he had next to hp (and neither did I), and I got dealt all burns.
  • It’s rigged, same thing happened to me earlier, all burns on my draw! I had a swift potion, guess what, two more burns!
  • Yeah, always worth with picking up an Evolve, but it doesn't always work out that way.
  • I think the problem with Evolve is it rarely fits into what you already have. It's one of those cards that's generally useful but probably not complementary, and there's often a temptation to pick something else.
  • Potentially awesome heart run going with defect.

Just got dead branch in second act. Happen to have a deck with 3-4 exhaust cards.

Winning.

Saved at start of act 3. Time eater is my only concern. I'm the king of fucking him up when I have a deck built for churning cards.
  • Nice.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    So I’ve just started playing Defect again on Switch and Bullseye doesn’t seem to work. Lock on doesn’t seem to change the damage from lightning orbs. Can anyone confirm this is a bug?
  • I should actually report the bug with artifacts on pc.

Weak doesn't knock off an artifact if enemy isn't attacking.

Not sure if it's only on enemies with multiple artifacts.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    That’s weird!

Even weirder after posting this I then played against gremlin nob and it worked. Default orb damage went from 3 to 4. Will have to play again and see where this doesn’t work. Tbh I’m not really a fan of Bullseye so hadn’t noticed it before.
  • Just lost to Awakened One with Defect. Still pleased I made it that far.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I just picked this up the other day. Only had time for a few runs so far (Ironclad 5 times, once with Silent,  not tried the other guy yet.). So far I seem to fairly consistently get to the second big boss, and then die horribly.  Haven’t really worked out too many strategies yet, other than try to shrink the deck, and look for synergies where you can.  (Still get rinsed at the end of act two every time. Sigh). I have no idea what Ascension is, but presumably awaits if and when I ever get better at this...
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Once you complete a character win you can increase the difficulty by ascending (max level 20).
  • Tin, there’s plethora of good advice on the thread of you had back a few pages. Every time you see my mug you can guarantee I am rehashing some stellar advice from someone much smarter than me.
  • Thanks! I shall try and find some time to catch up on the thread, or at least the last few pages or so. I am notoriously hopeless at all flavours of card game*, so I fear some problems will not be amenable to advice alone, but all help is gratefully received! So far I’m enjoying it a lot, just wish I had more time in which to play it...

(*Except Steamworld Quest because they forgot to make it difficult...)
  • Just do what I do, keep playing until luck sorts you out with a good run.
  • The Daddy wrote:
    Just do what I do, keep playing until luck sorts you out with a good run.

QFT.

Currently at the tentacles at the end with a deck of cuts and frost.
  • You need a bit of luck but skills win the day. At first it's about playing a lot until you start picking up on things. Mainly, if you have a good run try and think what it was that was working well and learn from it.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    So I’ve just started playing Defect again on Switch and Bullseye doesn’t seem to work. Lock on doesn’t seem to change the damage from lightning orbs. Can anyone confirm this is a bug?

Didn’t do anything different for me at all last night. Bug, I reckon.
  • I've cracked 800 hrs. Oops.

Problem, amongst many, with playing so much, is that I've lsot some sense of valuing particular runs.

Its kinda too much fun taking big risks, or going for specific things with a relic option.

Many a solid run ruined taking risks early.
  • I’m on only 40-45 hours. Some of that is on pause menu.
  • I'm at 370. Oops.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Think I’m running at around 400 but haven’t checked in a while. Terrible groups of runs on Switch at the mo. Stuck at something like 8, 5, 5.

May go back to PC and try to get to 15 on IC.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Beat Heart. No Asc. Heavy Blade+ had 1094dmg value on last turn.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!