Christ it's hot/cold/windy!
  • Mainly grass snakes and similar varieties. Only poisonous types are Adders, and they're hardly dangerous.

So, no...no "real" snakes.
  • Grass snakes, nothing dangerous (that I know of). They freak me out though, so my snake knowledge is kept deliberately sketchy.
  • We havent had flying ant day yet this year. Thought this heat might have triggered it.
  • Always a highlight of the year.

Last year they all died behind the perspex of a health & safety sign at work adding some much needed light relief. 'What is the task? Is it safe? Is it necessary? Is the required equipment well maintained?' ...and most importantly: 'is it covered in dead ants?'
  • Vela wrote:
    Do you have snakes in the UK? As in real ones.

Yeah, they're in Government.

I've got the heat in the living room down to 23, just in time to go upstairs to what is a heatbox.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    We havent had flying ant day yet this year. Thought this heat might have triggered it.
    I thought we did on Monday? Tonnes of the buggers out there all attracted to the windscreen of our car

Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Up and out of bed at 5.30am because my bedroom is a stuffy hellhole and it's impossible to sleep. Fuck summer.
  • We lock the cats downstairs at night to stop them bouncing around on our heads all night.

Fucking twats managed to get up onto the roof of the sun room and into my son's bedroom through his open window - destroying some Lego sets, waking him and then us up at 04:45.

FUCKING TWAT CATS.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • We had to abandon my loft bedroom as it was a furnace but the air mattress in the spare room was only a single so I tried to make a makeshift bed out of pillows and after two hrs of tossing and turning my hips couldn't take anymore and I retreated back into the sauna, this time without shona. Think I got 4hrs? Fuck this.
  • I slept downstairs with a fan blowing on my head and another on my feet. Actually got 4 hours sleep before my kids woke up and came downstairs for cuddles.
    We then all fell asleep for another 2 hours in the cooler air.

Looks like we survived the heat apocalypse this time chaps. Due to get a bit cooler now with some rain.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Thunder, lightning, rain, grey skies, cool breeze. Bliss.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Thunder, lightning, rain, grey skies, cool breeze. Bliss.

Praise jebus
  • I actually managed to oversleep and am late for work.
  • "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    It was officially the hottest day ever recorded in Edinburgh yesterday at 31.6°C quite near to where I work.
  • That’s nuts. Glasgow felt way hotter than Edinburgh yesterday, I was in both.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I slept for 11 hours last night, no issues
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    I'm sure I've felt hotter in Edinburgh at other times but I suspect that is more due to humidity than anything.
  • I mean, I wore a jacket in Edinburgh yesterday but Glasgow was totally taps aff.
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    The record temperature was recorded to the West of Edinburgh at Gogarbank, quite close to the airport. I certainly didn't notice it become any hotter as I cycled back into town after work despite there often being a difference of a few degrees between the rural edge of the city and the centre. I struggle to understand how you managed to wear a jacket though...
  • It’s so much cooler today. I’m in jeans and a shirt and I couldn’t be happier.
    A few degrees lower and I’d even be able to wear my jacket :)
  • It seems 22 is the point that I can actually sleep.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    22 during the day is my perfect temperature.
  • My bedroom is 19 degrees now. Its fucking glorious.
  • There’s a beautiful cold breeze running through my house and it’s glorious.
    I’m actually going to be able to sleep in my own bed for the first time in weeks!!
  • 22 during the day is my perfect temperature.

Same here. As long as I can comfortably walk around in t shirt and jeans, and also handle it with a shirt on, I’m fine.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • This rain is bliss.
    Hopefully it wont lead to flooding in London as warnings are suggesting because that will spoil my enjoyment. Selfish cockneys.
  • The rain in Elgin last night certainly wasn’t bliss. Burnt alive for two days, and the moment we get behind the cameras for the match, the heavens open for the rest of the night and we get a biblical soaking.
    The hour and a half drive to Aberdeen after the match wasn’t much fun. Lot of flooding on the road, and driving in my pants with the seat heater on at full.
    Spent the night on the outskirts of Aberdeen. Decent hotel, but they put me on the top floor, then this morning both lifts were out of order. Harrumph!

Traveled on to Dundee this morning and spent most of the Rig at Dens Park drying out equipment from last nights tsunami of shite.

That cunt Tom Jones is playing Dundee tonight, so every hotel in the city has jacked their prices accordingly. Gouging cunts! The Travelodge round the corner from the ground we usually pay £30 for is £165 tonight!

Consequently I’m staying at a “hotel” in Longforgan a couple of miles out of town.
    It’s converted stables by the look of it, but they haven’t done much converting. Absolute hovel.

Still, I’ve been back into Dundee and had a bucket of chicken at the KFC, so that was good.
    Now back in the bar at the “hotel” enjoying a pint of Magners.

tomorrow is another day

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Cant deal with heated seats, I constantly feel like I'm shitting myself.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!