Christ it's hot/cold/windy!
  • Finally some nice weather.  Looks like it's here to stay (in the short-term at least).  Boy has a full week of tennis during half-term so will be happy as it has been cancelled on 2 of 3 past Saturdays.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Nice here in NI too.

Having a coffee in the morning out the back with birdys in the trees. Life is good.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    What a scorcher etc

nPgLThz.jpg
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Sweet.

Enjoy the break guys. Close the curtains or soak up fabulous weather - whatever the pleasure, because life is short.

retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • I want to close the curtains and hide away until October
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I want to close the curtains and hide away until October

I’ll wake you up when September ends.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • It's been an absolutely stunning day here.  The gazebo we used during the winter to huddle underneath next to a firepit had to be deployed today to protect the in-laws from the sun.   Stuff happened last week that was shit but today I got to give my new Cobb portable BBQ a test run and it's ace.
  • That sounds like a perfect afternoon then.  Good stuff.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Burned my forearms in East Belfast.

What times.
  • Made the mistake of going to Soho yesterday.absolutely mental. Young people have reclaimed it. Hard not to think the Rona's gonna bounce back.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Classic Yoss
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Not sure that there’s enough unvaccinated people left for Covid to bounce back in any meaningful way. We’ll see over the next few weeks, I guess.
  • I hope you're right. I was flabbergasted.
  • I pray that you're right.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • The worst thing was, walking from Hyde park to Soho,all the upmarket clubby bars reopened as restaurants. Indoors. Normally just a few bankers and Arabs and some fashionable gals. Some outdoor spill. Lots and lots of young girls, maybe some insta shit? Anyway, no way there was any ventilation, or covid secure shit, whatever that means. It only takes one. It's the youth - 80% under 25. None of them vaccinated. Over 30s and 40s, only one vaccine which is 30% effective at best. The Indian strand is dominant, and there is some vaccine escape. My sad predicto is, in the or four weeks time, we'll be hitting the 100s a day in deaths again.

I really hope I'm wrong.

• Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I’m pretty comfortable with things starting to open up again. The most vulnerable are vaccinated, the vaccine appears to be effective against new variants, even the majority of thirty-somethings have now apparently had the vaccine. Obviously, the situation needs monitoring and things could change, but right now, I think it’s fair enough to let the young have some fun.
  • 2 doses of the vaccine.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    The worst thing was, walking from Hyde park to Soho,all the upmarket clubby bars reopened as restaurants. Indoors. Normally just a few bankers and Arabs and some fashionable gals. Some outdoor spill. Lots and lots of young girls, maybe some insta shit? Anyway, no way there was any ventilation, or covid secure shit, whatever that means. It only takes one. It's the youth - 80% under 25. None of them vaccinated. Over 30s and 40s, only one vaccine which is 30% effective at best. The Indian strand is dominant, and there is some vaccine escape. My sad predicto is, in the or four weeks time, we'll be hitting the 100s a day in deaths again.

I really hope I'm wrong.

I thought that the first dose was more like 70% effective. And this is the first I’ve heard of the Indian variant escaping current vaccines?
  • Yossarian wrote:
    The worst thing was, walking from Hyde park to Soho,all the upmarket clubby bars reopened as restaurants. Indoors. Normally just a few bankers and Arabs and some fashionable gals. Some outdoor spill. Lots and lots of young girls, maybe some insta shit? Anyway, no way there was any ventilation, or covid secure shit, whatever that means. It only takes one. It's the youth - 80% under 25. None of them vaccinated. Over 30s and 40s, only one vaccine which is 30% effective at best. The Indian strand is dominant, and there is some vaccine escape. My sad predicto is, in the or four weeks time, we'll be hitting the 100s a day in deaths again.

I really hope I'm wrong.

I thought that the first dose was more like 70% effective. And this is the first I’ve heard of the Indian variant escaping current vaccines?

You thought wrong, do some research.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Fuck it, I’m just home after my first night out in Soho for a year, this isn’t the time for me to get involved in this debate. I’ll check back in tomorrow.
  • Sorry, I didn't realise. It's probably gonna be ok, I just wasn't ready for the sights.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:

I really hope I'm wrong.

You thought wrong, do some research.

Not getting too stuck into this, but my research so far looks like I was about right?

https://publichealthmatters.blog.gov.uk/2021/02/23/covid-19-analysing-first-vaccine-effectiveness-in-the-uk/

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/your-1st-dose-of-covid-19-vaccine-is-effective-but-not-foolproof-experts-warn-1.6009725

Possibly 30% against the new variant?

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/vaccines-highly-effective-against-b-1-617-2-variant-after-2-doses

Anyway, will pick this up tomorrow. Mayber.
  • Yeah I'm only talking about the new variant, it's all that matters now. In a week or two it'll be nearly all of our covid. Two shots look ok, deffo Pfizer, maybe less with AZ but that's based on french scuttlebutt which has not always been right.

Anyway, most of the crowd I saw had zero vaccines. They were young so maybe they already had it. Maybe we can avoid exponential growth. 25k this week though. 17k last week. Is it gonna be 33k next week, or 40? 40k week after, or 72? Will hospitalisation rates match infection rates, in proportion?

We'll see but why even find out? Why risk it? Double Vax rates going up, every week, faster than our current numbers. Why take the risk? It's only a small mistake, being cautious.

I don't know, maybe I have agoraphobia now. That would suck.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    You are right to be cautious. The significant stats are the downstream figures of admissions and deaths but the time delay means responding to them is late so it's hazardous waiting for those.
  • Yeah I'm only talking about the new variant, it's all that matters now. In a week or two it'll be nearly all of our covid. Two shots look ok, deffo Pfizer, maybe less with AZ but that's based on french scuttlebutt which has not always been right.

Anyway, most of the crowd I saw had zero vaccines. They were young so maybe they already had it. Maybe we can avoid exponential growth. 25k this week though. 17k last week. Is it gonna be 33k next week, or 40? 40k week after, or 72? Will hospitalisation rates match infection rates, in proportion?

We'll see but why even find out? Why risk it? Double Vax rates going up, every week, faster than our current numbers. Why take the risk? It's only a small mistake, being cautious.

I don't know, maybe I have agoraphobia now. That would suck.

I agree, why take the risk?
    I think I might genuinely be developing something like agoraphobia. The idea of being around strangers and crowds causes massive anxiety. I hate being around the public anyway, these last two years has just compounded that feeling.
  • you and me wookie, we can live 2getha, i'll be in the equator room, you can be in the north pole lounge. We'll shoot anyone who approaches the ranch.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Glorious weather for like two weeks

Step outside to play football

The heavens open

Fuck you English weather. Couldn't even see the ball by the end with my glasses all steamed up!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!