Christ it's hot/cold/windy!
  • Webbins wrote:
    hylian_elf wrote:
    I’m supposed to be driving up to Bradford in a bit. Fuck sake.
    You have my sympathy.  Not for the weather, for having to drive around Bradford.  For reference, we offer an express lane at double lane junctions, you can either queue or use the outside lane to turn if you are in a hurry.  This express lane is only open to those driving performance Audis or Golfs however.  Also, don't wear out your indicator bulbs, the people of Bradford are telepathic so these aren't necessary when changing direction or lanes.  Generally the less conscientious and considerate you are to others, the better your journey will be.

Lol at service station now, Donington. Much snow at Bradford? Drive hasn’t been bad so far, pretty ok. Just extremely windy last few miles and had to slow down and drive on left lane.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • It's cycling between snow, sun, cloud and blue skies, all mixed with wind.  It looks like we might get heavy snow later, the sky is currently looking fit to burst with the white stuff right now.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Webbins wrote:
    hylian_elf wrote:
    I’m supposed to be driving up to Bradford in a bit. Fuck sake.

You have my sympathy.  Not for the weather, for having to drive around Bradford.  For reference, we offer an express lane at double lane junctions, you can either queue or use the outside lane to turn if you are in a hurry.  This express lane is only open to those driving performance Audis or Golfs however.  Also, don't wear out your indicator bulbs, the people of Bradford are telepathic so these aren't necessary when changing direction or lanes.  Generally the less conscientious and considerate you are to others, the better your journey will be.

Enjoyed that :D
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Got there safely. Webbins wasn’t lying.
  • You have to get out again yet!
  • g.man wrote:
    Good to know. Currently passing Shap. Looks like Siberia.

Get me some gold will you
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • It is bloody freezing out there.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I said no to myself about ten times this morning, and still went out for a run anyway.  Like fucking Siberia out there.  Came back like a sorry drowned rat.
    Get schwifty.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Sunny here in Belfast but it's effing freezing.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • You have to get out again yet!

Almost didn’t make it. Several cars, including mine, slip-sliding all over the show. Poor visibility. Strong winds. 

Taking a break on M1 Service now. Pray4us
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Thor said he’ll be awhile. Take it very easy.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Gorgeous sunshine in Preston.

Wait, that doesn’t sound right.
  • Just went outside for a smoke at the Burton Services Travelodge. It's fucking -11 in the wind chill out there. Fuck that!
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Yeh that snow seems to have arrived in Manc...
  • A few inches on the ground this morning, I’m about to load up the car with the gloves and pads and head off to the gym for work
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Driving on M1 wasn’t fun. Got home 12:30am. 

There was a small stretch just before junction with M6 where the snow had settled a bit and we had to go at 10-20 mph and car was sliding. Horrible; it was like when we were coming out of Bradford on local roads, visibility was poor, car was sliding a lot and my daughter was scared and started crying!
  • Bradford has that effect on people.
  • Local roads you say?
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    So I've done 60 miles today, mostly on roads like this.

Oh9mgjy.jpg

And didn't have any issues until I came across these two.

EmpQhfJ.jpg

They just didn't have a clue how to get up the hill. I ended up pushing the pair of them about 200 meters up the hill. They just couldn't seem to understand that revving the fuck out of the engine and spinning the wheels wasn't going to help.
  • So I've done 60 miles today, mostly on roads like this.

Oh9mgjy.jpg

And didn't have any issues until I came across these two.

EmpQhfJ.jpg

They just didn't have a clue how to get up the hill. I ended up pushing the pair of them about 200 meters up the hill. They just couldn't seem to understand that revving the fuck out of the engine and spinning the wheels wasn't going to help.

That’s nice of you.
    I probably would’ve driven past them slowly and carefully, waving as I went up the hill.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I thought about it.
  • When it snowed several weeks back I took great pleasure in driving past some fellas who had binned their Range Rover into a ditch whilst I pootled past in my old £900 Zafira :)
  • It's cold even indoors, ze heating it does nothing!

Just took some towels out of the tumble dryer and stood there for 5 minutes just hugging them.
  • It's cold even indoors, ze heating it does nothing!

Just took some towels out of the tumble dryer and stood there for 5 minutes just hugging them.

Same here. I’m under the thickest, faux fur blanket we have and still cold.
  • Me and the dog are huddled together for warmth.
    I am sure this is colder than when it snowed the other day.
  • When it snowed several weeks back I took great pleasure in driving past some fellas who had binned their Range Rover into a ditch whilst I pootled past in my old £900 Zafira :)

There was a Range Rover in front of me yesterday as I was coming out of Bradford. Idiot was doing around 10mph and annoying me and others behind. The Ka behind me wanted to overtake. It tried and failed cos it almost slided into a wall as it started coming around me and then just fell back in line like a good little boy.
  • Just a steady three inches of the white stuff up here in springy Bradford, more coming down.  Pretty standard for THE SECOND OF APRIL!
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Just a shitty rainy here in Belfast. Cold too.

Yesterday was pleasant. Crisp but sunny.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Cold and sleety up here. Spring my arse.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • And didn't have any issues until I came across these two. EmpQhfJ.jpg They just didn't have a clue how to get up the hill. I ended up pushing the pair of them about 200 meters up the hill. They just couldn't seem to understand that revving the fuck out of the engine and spinning the wheels wasn't going to help.

Sega Rally 2 has really aged well
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!