Sleeping Dogs
  • Morrisons's have it in store form £30, although supply looks very low.
  • Due to all the overwheling word of mouth here I picked it up from HMV for £40. Would be lovely if it went on to be a genuine smash hit based on popular opinion and stuffing one to the Man!
    The Forum Herald™
  • Woodimari
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodimari
    PSN
    Woodimari
    Steam
    Woodimari

Send message
    I caved and bought it, hearing what you guys are saying about it and online reviews I went and got the limited edition PC version for £23, had to go PC as it looks so much nicer. I had to buy a wired Xbox pad though as I heard the mouse and keyboard controls are a bit dodgy.

Just installing now, can't wait!
  • A couple of mentions of revealing the locations of health shrines and lock boxes... How?!  I can only see the ones I've already got on the map.
  • You unlock the ability to see the collectibles by romancing the ladies. Press X for the collectibles to show on the map.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Beat me to it. I was going to spoilerise it but then realised I don't know how. It isn't really a spoiler anyway. 

If you cant get to one, chances are the story will allow access.
  • I bought the retro triad outfit just for the sunglasses.   does that make me stupid?

loving this game....
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    You people are making this sound awfully tempting, you twats.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • I_R wrote:
    You unlock the ability to see the collectibles by romancing the ladies. Press X for the collectibles to show on the map.
    I take it ou don't mean just a massage.  Right now if I push X on the map it shows me the ones I've already collected, which is of limited use.
  • Has anyone bought Ryo's outfit from Shenmue yet?
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    google wrote:
    Has anyone bought Ryo's outfit from Shenmue yet?

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • The dialogue in both its writing and delivery is shockingly bad, but as soon as it stops I have a lot of fun in this.
  • Oh shit. If Nick starts waxing, my willpower will be destroyed and I'll end up really wanting to get this...
  • I am OP for this, but aren't going to be getting it any time soon. (Sounds great and all, but you know, Darksiders 2, borderlands 2, halo 4 and Souls DLC.) However, if there's enough going on that this needs some propper OP additions, then let me know by PM, I'll do my best.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Saw someone playing this at work, looked like they were having a riot, smashing guys faces into aircon unit fans on a roof.
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • Contrary to what was said earlier, the driving in this is awesome.  Significantly better than any GTA in that respect.

The combat is awesome.  I'm actually disappointed that I now have a gun.  I may blow all my bullets on taking down one of the drug gangs.

As the story progresses, the audio before Wei wakes up, and little phrases he says to himself once he's awake are a really nice touch.

I would quite like the down-scoring to continue outwith missions, though.  I just helped someone by dragging a drunk away from their stall, but then got a car by pointing my gun at the driver, without punishment.  That seems a little incongruous, but it's a minor point.

I'd also like the camera on Wei's phone to work outwith photo missions.

Ultimately, this is a very, very good game.  A very, very good game indeed.
  • We lament, on occasion, the lack of new ideas, consoles and IPs, and there can be burn out on occassion, but the advantage of this long generation and big money is that there can be some really fucking great, and assured, title floating around.

Turning into a bit of a darkhorse good year for AA and AAA titles. This, Darksiders 2, Borderlands 2 and then some bigger name franchises, plus Dishonored to keep an eye out for. I'm probably missing a few to add to that.

There isn't really an original idea to be found in Darksiders 2, but it's all just good use of ideas from other games that have proven themselves.

Anyhoo, never mind me, rambling.
  • adkm1979 wrote:
    I may blow all my bullets on taking down one of the drug gangs.
    Don't do this, unless you can live with accidentally killing a cop who runs into the midst.
  • I actually find the driving to be really bad. Very unwieldy, very spongey. I dont like it at all and avoid at all costs if I can.

On the 360 BTW.
  • I've found that the driving has improved as I've unlocked faster cars. I know that the exaggerated physics of the cars in GTAIV wasn't to everyone's taste, but it was a much deeper driving experience than this.
  • I_R wrote:
    I've found that the driving has improved as I've unlocked faster cars. I know that the exaggerated physics of the cars in GTAIV wasn't to everyone's taste, but it was a much deeper driving experience than this.

I really enjoyed the driving in GTA. It felt responsive at least.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Oh no not screenshots! I'm going to have to give this thread a miss until I see it (the game) appear in the bargains thread...
  • google wrote:
    In my opinion, the exact opposite is true.  GTA cars roll around on their suspension like they're designed for Mr. Soft.  These cars handle much, much better.  I appreciate you prefer one over the other, but it makes no sense to me that you could think this is spongier than GTA.  The driving in those games is rubbish these days, I can barely play it.

But, like I say, opinions.
  • adkm1979 wrote:
    google wrote:
    In my opinion, the exact opposite is true.  GTA cars roll around on their suspension like they're designed for Mr. Soft.  These cars handle much, much better.  I appreciate you prefer one over the other, but it makes no sense to me that you could think this is spongier than GTA.  The driving in those games is rubbish these days, I can barely play it. But, like I say, opinions.

It might be a simple case of my controller set up.

I'll do some research and see what's up.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Nearing the end of this now. Only a few Triad missions left. I usually look forward to finishing a game but I don't want this to end. Still, I've plenty of races and drug busts to mop up and enjoy the brawling a bit longer.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Fuck you Pea. I want this too now. Luckily it's sp only and I can buy it in the future without inevitably missing all the mp action.
  • +1.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    demos on american psn/sen.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!