Wargroove 2 - Advanced Wars
  • Did a multiplayer against AI last night. Stupid thing advanced it's hero unit too far and came unstuck. Campaign matches were always reasonably challenging, but this was a cakewalk. Please tell me I just got lucky, or is the AI always as dumb as this?
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • What was the verdict on this in the end?  My neiece has a full time job and wants to buy me a game, spent ages looking at Amazon this morning and decided this was in the not-taking-the-piss price range.  I've read a few reviews and they seem mostly positive, with a hint of not quite as good as hoped.  Does that sound about right?
  • It's had quite a lot of content added since I played it, so I assume it's improved.

In the end I just found a lot of the maps too attritional, taking ages as you built up a force of units and slowly chiselled out an advantage.

I don't know how much that would have changed. But even back then it had a lot of character and plenty to do before it started getting tiresome.
  • Up to 2-2, I can see maps taking quite a while to clear from here on in.  It's good though, I expect I'll see it through.  Chucklefish did a pretty good job with the rip off in fairness, but don't tell 'em pikemen seem a bit OP.
  • 4-2 now. Unless you go for the kill the missions last way too long for my tastes. If you slow build and edge forward the enemy does the same and you're looking at a 60+ minute map.
  • Obviously really late to the party with this one but after a strong start I'm beginning to agree with some of the more middling review scores.  It's almost great, but seems oddly imbalanced to the point where going for the kill is far less of a headache than waiting/building/advancing.  I'm locked in now but I'm not far past halfway and wouldn't mind seeing the back of it sooner rather than later.
  • Wargroove 2 came out this week and is apparently quite good. Liked the first but bounced off it quite quickly. Might have a dabble with this one at some point.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • I nearly treated myself to the day one 20% discount. It's nicely priced for the amount of content at full price tbf but it's gone on the watch list for now. Reviews are strong.
  • The first didn't quite cut it. Might be tempted by the second.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!