The No Subject Thread
  • My Mum is quite ridiculously drunk in Tennant's Bar. I'm quite impressed she got served, having fallen over on the way to the bar. Chance of her falling asleep currently at 90℅.
  • Shoutout to SG’s Mum and her hangover this fine morning.
  • Odd jobs around the house list? They never end. Plus it's a Saturday. Do odd jobs around the house or chill and play videogames?

I have very long list of odd jobs, I just can't be bothered. Am I just super lazy or do others on here have lists of odd jobs that never get completed? (unless the wife gets pissed off, then they are done pronto).
  • Odd Jobs2: Odd Jobs vs The Wife yes banter great film
  • RANDOM TASK
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Yup.
    I'm supposed to be painting doors but I'm watching Football Focus.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I had all my chores done by 9 so now I'm off to the shop to buy the Beano with my pocket money.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    I am not for sale
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • I'm supposed to be getting the squirrels (or rats, I haven't made a positive ID yet) out of the loft, but I'm watching Moonlight.  It's something I've been putting off for over a month, none of the internet remedies have worked - mothballs, cider vinegar etc - so I should be clearing a path for Rentokill.  It's been getting a bit Aliens at night, when they're active.
  • In Odd Jobs3, the wife won't let me put a cat up there.
  • Dang, that would be my suggestion. Am hoping my two big bastards, once of age, will prevent any rodent bother. I don't mind mice so much but rats can get tae
  • One cat is too old.  The other is in prime ratter shape, and sits there chirruping at any movement.  Old cat would've done a better job a few years ago, she would've been pulling rats out like Hacksaw Ridge, but the younger one would still boss it up there.
  • I do more odd jobs around the house than Mrs Poprock so I guess it’s more like Odd Jobs: The Reboot, with a gender swap to bring the premise up to date.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Sounds like Xenomorphs to me. Do you have a motion sensor?
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Game over, man.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Did I make this up while drunkenly watching Lucy (not a good film btw) last night or did CJ from eggheads get done for killing someone

Asking for a friend
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    There as a story about a homeless person in Amsterdam or something. In his memoirs. Which he got spoken to about by the police. Iirc.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Did I make this up while drunkenly watching Lucy (not a good film btw) last night or did CJ from eggheads get done for killing someone Asking for a friend

He was not charged.

He wrote in his book about being attacked, and punching the guy and pushing him into a canal, and not knowing whatever happened to him.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Tempy has introduced me to tehposts.com and it's in a weird way the best short stories I've read in years.

I used to be extremely competitive, first chair trombone for ten years, undefeated wrestler in high school, #1 raiding guild in Vanilla World of Warcraft. I had to be the best, failure wasn’t an option. Speaking to a therapist he asked, “Why is it so important for you to be the best?” I couldn’t come up with an answer. Ever since them I’ve been the polar opposite. Uber casual and apathetic. I’m over weight and unemployed.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message

Hacker Truthen came to on the balcony of the octoballoon with sunlight caressing her ebony skin and a major fuckoff headache pounding in her head. A hairy arm was gently shaking her, and she halfheartedly attempted to bat it away before realizing who it was attached to: the hyperchimp Sir Eddleton was squatting by her, grinning beneath his prismatic monocle. “Ah, you’ve finally come ’round! Splendid. That necrogoblin ambush was frightful to say the least, you took a nasty blow from one of their hell-cannons before I could fend them off.”

“But how?” She mumbled dully.

“Why, this of course!” Sir Eddleton raised the arm that wasn’t gripping her shoulder, showing off the brass pneumatic rivet rifle that had been grafted onto it. “While you were upgrading your cyblade in town, I visited the local shaman and got this magnificent machination attached to my flesh and mind,” he said, tapping his head for emphasis.

Hacker nodded thoughtfully. Impressive. Though the hyperchimps are less than adept with modern technology, their connection to the natural world gives them powers over magic that the “advanced” humans had forgotten long ago… And it seems like I can trust this one.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message

Goldilocks finds three lists for good anime in the bears’ house

The first list is completely empty. ‘Anime is bad! Don’t watch it’ it says. ‘No anime feels will be found here.’
    Goldilocks: There is not enough anime on this list to last me any amount of time

Then she looked at the next list. It was too long… filled with spin offs and terrible non-canon characters
    Goldilocks shook her head…. This asked for more time than she was willing to put in to watching anime

Then she saw the third list, filled with classic anime characters and series, but without filler seasons included out of sentiment and misguided fanboyism
    Goldlocks: this is the anime list I will use to guide my future anime watching
  • I appear to have had a stroke.

Or Reg has.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Toney Hawk and Sonic the hedgehog team up to make the ultimate Dreamcast jrpg, with insane bosses, sick characterization, and partial nuidety. Slimer drives drunk on ectocooler+vodkas and accidently runs over a child.All the power rangers die simultaneously in a plane crash over the chilean andes, except for the black ranger who kills himself 3 years later due to guilt with a deadly xanax, white rice, and 90s nostalgia cocktail. Pizza Hut Labs never invents the stuffed crust and the world exists perpetually in the grim dystopian alternate reality of restricted cheese delivery technology. Aids is cured in late 1996 but rory still dies of an ass disease
  • Oh my, not an ass disease.
  • Reality is the best category

Third date, he’s making me dinner at his place, I get there, it’s the same shirt. Two weeks have gone by since the first date, I ask him if it’s a running joke, or was it just coincidence. He shows me his closet. Every. Single. Shirt. Every single one is that red “Where’s the Beef?” with yellow writing. He opens a drawer, even more of them, exactly the same. He says the ones in the drawer are a size bigger, for ‘around the house’ and ‘sleeping in’. He has a LOT of them. Probably about 20, I’m not sure. I asked why, he said he just really likes that shirt.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I'm trying to work out what her problem is.
  • FranticPea wrote:
    I'm trying to work out what her fucking beef is.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!