The No Subject Thread
  • I'm shit at starting games. If it doesn't grab me immediately I go back to something else. I've got about 30 minutes into so many games. Which is basically not giving them a chance at all.
  • I used to think that but so many games are so similar that 30 minutes can often give you enough.
  • I've barely played anything in months. 
    I can't bring myself to bother playing most of the freebies with gold and ps+. 
    I am probably going to get the odd stand out game (new Red Dead and stuff) but I've a feeling this gen will be my last hardware purchase possibly for quite a while.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I feel like that with a lot of stuff, tbh. I'm at an age where I know my tastes (quick blast indies, golf, FM, Deus Ex/Prey search 'em ups, the odd FPS, and I like racing games when in the mood), the majority of stuff doesn't interest me so I stick to what I love.
  • Oh. New Mordor
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • I saw the new Far Cry trailer and I just found it to be so boring.
    Like eating a bowl of plain, boiled rice.
    Read the Rime review as well, it is just another one of them games.

Everything is just another thing that I have done.
  • Everything is really just another one of another thing in the end
  • Of course, you are correct there Tempy. Which is why I am keen to say this is just me and not necessarily a view on the whole industry, or indeed an attempt to piss on chips.
  • You do you good buddy

Better than my pal who feels the need to do said pissing 24/7 despite playing nearly everything that comes out (that isn't a AAA title of course)
  • I do have a couple of genuine grievances.

Mainly why can't anyone make a fun extreme sports or wrestling game anymore?
  • The world's gone bad

• Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Liv play Emily is Away Too, it just slayed me.
  • Googled it, it won't appeal. Graphics aren't everything but Jesus!
  • Stanley wasn't anything special but visually it fit in the current generation.
    I don't mind stylized either, Shovel Knight looks fantastic. Emily looks like someone was pissed and accidently opened MS Paint.
  • I pushed through the malaise. Not quite sure how, perhaps it has something to do with having a kid - I've got less time to play, but I've been pretty good at making sure I use that time 'wisely'. I'm finishing games that wouldn't have stood a chance five years ago. I'm even sort of on board with the open world shit now.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Stanley wasn't anything special but visually it fit in the current generation.
    I don't mind stylized either, Shovel Knight looks fantastic. Emily looks like someone was pissed and accidently opened MS Paint.

It's about the story, don't be one of them.

• I get that but I think my other things in life are holding my interest much more. (not that I am in any way suggesting you are ignoring your kid!)

The dog is brilliant, he is fucking hilarious and offers more challenge and reward than any game I have played. I am sure kids offer the same and some.
    Lots to do on my flat as well. Plus really interesting and friendly people in my block of flats extending my life viewpoint.

Games just seem so vanilla in comparison to real life right now.

Also discovered napping this year. Napping is amazing.
  • Stanley wasn't anything special but visually it fit in the current generation.

It's about the story, don't be one of them.

No doubt but I am a very visually focused person, consider my job.
    Visuals don't have to be any one thing but for myself they should be considered and what I saw off a Google Search they didn't seem to be for Emily. OK for some, not for me.

• Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    them's fightin words
  • DS is definitely ignoring his kid, FM doesn't play itself!

Well, it does, but that's not fun.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I do have a couple of genuine grievances.

Mainly why can't anyone make a fun extreme sports or wrestling game anymore?

Play rocket league. It's daft fun.
  • Hope no one has shares in BA

Due to fly with them on my honeymoon a week Monday. Better not have this shit then
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • @Goober

Rocket League is fantastic, I really should play more of it. It has the perfect blend of accessible and challenging. Good shout.

@Matty
    Hope everything works out, I imagine this will be sorted by then.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    I've been playing a lot of old stuff lately, and it's interesting how most of it doesn't meet my expectations. Mario Kart was always about two-player, but it feels almost like an 8-bit game now. Mario World holds up in gameplay, but its worlds are surprisingly repetitive (greenery, caves, ghost houses, castles, and water). But then Donkey Kong Country — widely regarded as inferior — remains charming, with much better artwork than its sequels and some gorgeous levels.

I'm currently enjoying PlayStation DOOM, and remarkably, having not played them for over twenty years, I remember most of its levels exceptionally well. It's not bogged down with combat systems in an effort to add depth that only dilutes immediacy, it's just good old run-'n'-gun with a ton of ambience. Shockingly, it's more fun than modern FPSes, with a serious turn of speed as you zip around levels that would be large in other games, what with all their stop-start gameplay conventions. Still looks pretty dapper, too, via PS3 upscaling.

I'll be playing Tekken 7 and WipEout Omega this year, but I'm largely done with games that compromise simple structures to accommodate shoehorned narratives and their associated bumph. I just wanna play the bloody thing!

• Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    DS is definitely ignoring his kid, FM doesn't play itself! Well, it does, but that's not fun.

I'd be a shit dad tbf, so I'm donning it by never having any.
  • Nah, you would be a great dad DS. You are a good guy and you care and you rise to responsibility when given.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Its all good, I've never wanted any of my own, known from a young age and never wavered from it. If it happened, I'd be there for them.
  • I struggle with it. People say I would be a good dad but I have never been in a relationship where I would consider it.
    Hoping my Bro and his Mrs have a kid so I can be an awesome Uncle.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I may have quit. Got no motivation to play anything and not switched on a console with intent to play anything since I can remember. Hmm.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • I have started reaching out to my mates that I used to play games with. Games were only ever part of it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!