The No Subject Thread
  • I've got three types of stubby beers lined up for tomorrow evening, four if you count the mini fat Red Stripe bottles I found on sale in Leysdown.  Tesco Biere D'or still winning the taste + value test, can't be beaten if finished within 5 minutes of leaving the fridge.

I had an IPA session for the Eurovision evening a few weeks ago.  Probably the best night in I've had for ages, and I enjoy all my nights in.
  • Too hoppy, too citrusy

Fair does. Extreme quantities of both flavours are basically what I drink beer for, so.
  • Just saw Razorlight and Jonny Borrell at the airport ... one of them actually walked through the airport with an unlight hand rolled cigarette in his mouth. Utter Twats.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Half of my degree result is through, and... it's not all bad? I think one of my module results will tank the overall grade sadly, but apart from that it could have been much worse.
  • You'll be fine. University is ultimately all about how you personally developed and grew, and what you learned, rather than an arbitrary figure on a piece of paper.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • I was definitely more annoying before I went to uni.
  • What else have you taken from the experience?

For me it was quite odd. I decided to go to uni so I could get more money, but by the end of it I found myself caring about money much less.
  • I was definitely more annoying before I went to uni.

I never went to uni which I guess explains why I'm so annoying.
    The Forum Herald™
  • g.man wrote:
    You'll be fine. University is ultimately all about how you personally developed and grew, and what you learned, rather than an arbitrary figure on a piece of paper.

QFT

Gamertag: gremill
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    If you remember university you did it wrong, maaaan.
  • poprock wrote:
    I also think their marketing is for wankers and that their management team are all weapons-grade arseholes … (Oh yeah – and their pub interiors are uninspiring derivative wanker hives too.)

I won't disagree with any of that.
  • Gremill wrote:
    g.man wrote:
    You'll be fine. University is ultimately all about how you personally developed and grew, and what you learned, rather than an arbitrary figure on a piece of paper.
    QFT

I agree with this but my debt is also an arbitrary figure on a piece of paper so i'd like the correlation between these two made up numbers to be somewhat positive :D
  • I don't think anyone has asked what my degree was since about a week after I graduated. People want to know what you studied, what that actually means, and where you studied it (purely for flavour, occasionally for prejudice).
  • Well I got a 2.1. I am pleased with that as I think it reflects the amount of work and time I put in, and I don't feel like it was a waste. I don't know my actual grades though, and I think I am potentially a comically small distance from a First. Also if I was at any uni other than Glasgow it'd probably be a First, ha!

Now, anyone got any jobs?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Glasgow is a tough mother for sure but their f&TV dpt is second only to Warwick - the name carries heft. And Garwood.

Greggs is hiring
  • Well done, Tempy. My bins need emptied.
  • Sounds mean. Don't be mean, Unlikely.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Why start now?
  • Don't interrupt.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Well I got a 2.1. I am pleased with that as I think it reflects the amount of work and time I put in, and I don't feel like it was a waste. I don't know my actual grades though, and I think I am potentially a comically small distance from a First. Also if I was at any uni other than Glasgow it'd probably be a First, ha!
    If you're very close they could well give you an interview to see if you deserve an upgrade. It happens in some places anyway.

If not, 2.1 is still a fine result. Congratulations.
  • Congrats Temps.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I dislike any pish about it not meaning anything beyond you being at uni- you've proved you are beyond comprtent in both the English language and at critical analytical skills.

Plenty of jobs are interested in those specifically
  • It's a bit of both. Many employers just want a graduate. Obviously certain subjects imply competency in certain areas.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Skerret wrote:
    I've just finished three tins of fosters, free innit. May pickup a can of gnt on the way home. Perhaps I have a problem.
    It's worse than you think too.

It's different to your version. Yours must be some right old sink-unblocker.

regmcfly wrote:
    beyond comprtent

Desmont. In the computer tent. With the IPA.

This is my local:

Barn.jpg

Cider. Those must be the werewolves.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Fam them if anyone ever passes this pub (Frantic prob has) I live directly across the road from it:

fa48c7fb2acc86547b0736db37b222e7.png

Dirt cheap pint (we talking in the two pound range London wankers), full of dossers (expect two to three mobility scooters on the reg) and the constant whiff of piss. Fucking mega as go with £20, get hammered out ya nut, buy drugs if you desire as loads of dealers hang there, then cross the road, stagger home.

From the perspective of being in that grandiose pub garden you've the best chippy in town to the right, a deceptively shit but filthy when pissed Chinese slightly opposite to the left, and a corner shop with a cashier called Javid (aka THE DON) who has eyes that go in completely opposite directions (one eye on the titties, one eye on the bombs) about 30 seconds from where I live and they do a mean, mean line in Rustlers and Chicago Town mini pizzas.

LADS SHOW ME YOUR LOCALS

EDIT: Ah shit just noticed the burger van, he does a cracking line in ASDA bought chicken, burgers, chips, hot dogs and grease served up to you at extortionate prices which match your alcie haze. I got a chicken box once and almost vomited. £4.50. The couple near entrance are tucking right in, regretting it later.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I know that's complete off topic from the line of Tempy becoming Kermode (kudos fam you a don) but get rekt
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Here's THE chippy:

408e43fe1e37f10376d08f18ec6c94e7.png

Absolute death incarnate
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Price of pint?

I'm gonna keep a list.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!