The No Subject Thread
  • Bob wrote:
    23031715_10215016486104666_7634702378222769038_n.jpg?oh=a9f172f4322d5a0ca80473272092f914&oe=5A693397 A very old (probably 25 years ago) picture of me appeared on facebook.. I thought I'd share for your enjoyment.

Ay, caramba!
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    The biggest surprise is that it's not a recent photo
  • To be fair I'm like Wovlerine when it comes to ageing.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Parked in a no standing zone next to where I was coaching last night. My bad, but jesus, come out midway through to find an outright threat note on my car. Then at the end of the session, the dude is on the footpath with a crowbar threatening folks.

Good times. Trip to the cop shop today. Ffs.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    I too was a Birt Simpson fan.
  • Anyone else doing Movember this year? I do like having a tache from time to time.
  • Remember this badman from last year?

zVSfxfH.jpg

Yep, on his way back. This time with a 90's mullet. Ready yourselves.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I won't be shaving but then I do that most months. Lemme see your daisy dukes, redneck
  • Fucking Taxi Driver.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Had to look her up...

nlTMAGi.jpg

Aiight, I'm listening.
  • pantyfire wrote:
    Fucking Taxi Driver.

Some day a real rain yadda yadda...

• Calm down...calm down...
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Skerret's looking smart.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Those cutoffs weren't cheap either.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Chandelier's definitely you, though.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    nick_md wrote:
    Remember this badman from last year? zVSfxfH.jpg Yep, on his way back. This time with a 90's mullet. Ready yourselves.

JS72834296.jpg

g.man wrote:
    Calm down...calm down...

Lol! Late again, I see. :D
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Looks like he broke in and helped himself to a beer.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • And he's rehung the paintings in a disorderly fashion.
  • Hey stop having a pop at man's mum's decoration!
  • Classic "spirit" levelling
  • nick_md wrote:
    Hey stop having a pop at man's mum's decoration!

Haha
  • Aiit, calm down calm down, something else now...

I'm doing my best at having no central heating in my house atm: radiators dropped during summer for plastering and decorating, figured its fine, it's summer all hot and bbqs etc. Fine. Now it's getting on for mid November and whenever I piss it's like steam coming from a geyser, plus I'm getting tired of seeing my breath throughout the house. So question is, how long do you think it'll be before this lazy bastard gets off his arse and dials up the 20th C and demands modernity? I'm tempted to see if I can make it to Xmas, plus save some money. But, at the same time, shit is cold.
  • Death-Jack-Torrance-Shining.jpg
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • I once went 1.5 years with no internet, keep that in mind.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I went 25 years without internet.
  • Yeah that's cow years though. What the fuck even is that?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    So, hasn't really anything to do with mustaches or cow years but we've learned this weekend that if a sign at a dirt road says "4 wheel drive only from now on" it's a stupid thing to continue with a 2 wheel drive that has some sporty stuff added at the bumper and sides, so is fairly low.

We were just looking for the campsite at the end of the road, and most of it was fine. We kinda saw the sign but weren't sure what it said (but we had a pretty good idea what it would say). At some point the sand got really loose, and we knew that if it got worse we should turn around. That's when we got stuck for the first time. Luckily this lovely lady wasn't too far behind us and she and her kids helped us out, being in a similar situation quite often herself. Put some stones near the front tires and had about 5 people to push the car. Even than we were playing with our luck a little bit, not turning around at the first option we could turn. Kept on going for a bit, didn't get really worse but the campsite seemed to be pretty far away so we decided to turn around. 

Got the the same spot again where we got stuck the first time, and that was at an y split, think B hesitated a bit as we lost speed and got stuck again. No problem, we thought, started stacking stones again and thought we'd be out with a couple of minutes. No such luck, not sure if just one person pushing wasn't enough, but we couldn't get a grip on the stones. Lost a lot of rubber though. After about an hour this group of guys shows up, heading for the campsite in off road 4 wheel drive vehicles, one of them had some straps and manged to pull us out with his truck. "Good" we thought, it's only about 1 or 2 corners before we're back in the 2-wheel-drive-allowed area again.

Bad luck meant that that was slightly uphill, and there were some big stones in the middle. B probably reduced speed a bit again, as he was afraid the stones would hit something. Stuck again, with just about 1m to go. We tried digging till the harder part of the ground, but couldn't get it out. It was already getting darker. We had a newspaper for the area, so called random numbers, park was already closed, but the medical center replied, and were friendly enough to give us a number for a towing service. "It's gonna take about an hour for someone to get there, first hour is $250, second is $100,- and we always charge two hours". Whatever, it was getting dark and we didn't really know what else to do. Was quite nice to see the moon rise up above the mountains, might have even been a full moon or close to one. Was super dark right now, and I was worried about the animals. Only saw some desert rats. B decided to tell me he wasn't worried about animals, but that he's more worried about what kinda guy'll show up. People can be a bit crazy in this country he mentions. Ok, that helps.

After about an hour we see some lights, thinking it's the tow truck. It's another truck with two guys, they were looking for the group that helped us earlier. Tried to get us out with wedges they had with them, but no luck, probably because the car is actually resting on the sand. B told them to just continue, as we had help coming anyway. Not soon after they left some guy in his pajamas shows up, in a truck fully covered in Call of Duty stickers, dashboard kitted out with CoD related stuff too, he doesn't play the games but his kids love it, and the car came with the package. Ok. He tries to connect the strap from his car to ours (ain't an easy job as we got a low bumper), and as soon as he's ready and we can start the car, our battery is empty. Must have been because we've been flashing lights and all that trying to get out etc. Guy starts to look worried, but B says he has something for that (we bought a starter after having an empty battery on a campsite earlier this year with no phone reception at all, we were just lucky it was still within season and the ranger was doing his rounds in the morning). "Ah, good" the tow truck guy says, "as I didn't bring anything for that myself". Seems a bit silly to me but anyway, we were lucky. He gets us out, and we can finally continue. 

Manage to get out, probably need new tires now as most of the profile has gone when trying to get grip on the stones. Found another campsite, was actually full, weren't allowed to stay in one of the many empty RV spots, but camp host said we could use an invalid campsite if there was still one free. Had a campfire, crisps and rum, but we kinda lost a lot of money there. Surprised we're still married and never really get into a fight when something like this happens. 

Hiked up to some mines the next day, apparently they found glass like rocks there that were used to make the visors for the guns that were used in WW2. Had a nice view:

23167799_10213233178760475_326827889822486718_n.jpg?oh=3e4f19c7b0fcc095b01a871012d012e9&oe=5A9F6A06

Went home again. Kinda wish we are a bit better organized when it comes to this kinda stuff, we always lose money for the most stupid reasons. Guess we'll just need to take more loans, everyone here has at least 3 different cars for different situations.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    B-movie killers ain't what they used to be.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!