The No Subject Thread
  • It sometimes feels like everyone in Glasgow is drunk.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Just seen a man in Liverpool using a disc man like it’s 1995!
    The Forum Herald™
  • Old dude sticking to his guns or potential new hipster phase?
  • Proper old dude. Pants up to his nipples Hawaien shirt undone to the waste sketching with a biro .. the kind of nutter you only see in city centres
    The Forum Herald™
  • They're still pretty cheap, although I think this one was 6.99 last time I bought it a couple of years ago.

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/2533393
    Good shout Goober ! Found Argos! Watch in stock! Dropped half a chalice it’s on my wrist!
    The Forum Herald™
  • Hey, you know all that promotional push last year telling people to put in PPI complaints with your banks?

Fucking do it. I just got paid a refund of almost nine grand for the meagre effort of filling in one online form and answering a few questions on one phone call.

If you have ever had a loan, a mortgage, or a credit card, go to your bank’s website, find the PPI complaint link (there is one, there always is, you just need to hunt a bit) and make an enquiry. It’s the bank’s job to investigate themselves and then tell you whether you have a claim. It’s literally the easiest money I’ve ever earned. If ‘earned’ is the right word.

It’s most likely to work out for you if you’ve had multiple loans over the years, and especially if they’ve been from your main bank. Loans are the most likely financial products to have had PPI applied to them without your knowledge or consent.

The big question is whether your lender made you 100% aware of what insurance they sold you and whether they thoroughly checked that you actually needed it. Spoiler: you almost certainly didn’t need it (especially if you were employed at the time and entitled to things like sick pay) and the bank almost certainly didn’t fulfil their requirements on telling you whether you needed it. Almost every sale of PPI is now being refunded, so all you need to find out is whether anything you took out ever had it applied.

Do it, the deadline is August this year.
  • I’ve had two mortgages over the years but I’ll
    Be fucked if I can remember who did them could do with £9k though
    The Forum Herald™
  • I assume I wouldn't have PPI - I opened an account when I was a student and got credit cards and an overdraft back then - but I really ought to check. Thanks for the reminder.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    My dad's got 8 grand from PPIs so far, with another that came through for three grand yesterday.

It's legit.
  • Jesus, I didn't know you could get PPI on overdrafts?!

I might as well look into it...
  • imagine i got 2k i could not tell the wife and get a ds pc....
  • You could build one of those stealth PCs with shit hot specs but in some crap old, beige 90s case.
  • I’ve always ignored those calls but reading that you got 9k back made me get my arse in gear.
    Filled in the form and will wait and see.
    Had PPI on a credit card and overdraft for the last 10 years...
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    If you know who the loan was with its worth approaching the bank directly first. I got 7k (ppi plus interest) from RBS for a few loans, overdraft and CC, no commission to pay and it all it took was speaking to their complaints department, and then completing the very easy form they sent me. I didn't even need to know the details of the loans, they figured it all out and sent me all the paperwork of all the loans so I could check it was legit.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I keep ignoring this too.  Can't ignore a figure like that though, so I've just filled in a couple of bank forms & I guess we'll see what happens...
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    The amount of interest you will be due (I think I claimed min in 2011) will be considerable.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I mean I don't know if I'm due anything.  I had a credit card & a mortgage & overdrafts tho, so yknow fingers crossed I guess!
  • I’m smart enough to have never had a loan or overdraft over the years

wait

fuck
  • I had a tiny amount on an old account and it turns out a small fee I was unaware of on a mortgage - going back like 13 years or something.  Last February I got 19k back. Nineteen.  Never had a credit card balance over a month old.  Just one of them things but yeah fuckthe banks or something.
  • I never had PPI, either.  I'm sad about this now.
  • Anyone got PPI back from Apple finance?
    That's the only one I haven't chased, was through Barclays who are massive cunts so prob should do.

All my other stuff was Nationwide who are generally well behaved enough to avoid this shit, although dont take that as gospel.
  • Totally getting PPI FOMO right now!
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Yep. I got a company to look into a credit card I had, twice, no luck either time.
  • Just to add – all I was owed over years of small sensible loans etc was about four grand, but the compound interest on refunds because they were 10+ years ago more than doubled my take. Small debts in the past could equal big payouts now, like Uncle found. Seriously, everybody should at least fill in an online form with their own main bank. Let the bank do the checking up. What have you got to lose?
  • And don’t use a third-party company to check it for you. They take up to half the winnings. And worst-case scenario some of them fleece you for that up front, before you’ve received your actual payout.

Your own bank is the best place to go. Literally all I did was fill in a form online, then answer a few questions when they phoned me back.
  • i’ll give it a shot, i like free things
  • Me too, baby. This will come to nothing but I'm up for the effort.
  • Rah I had a letter from HSBC a couple of years back saying, oh yeah you might be owed some PPI buuuuut...and then the letter went on some bullshit tangent about possibly closing account/credit card after the settlement or something. Some backhanded fuckery that sounded like the bank throwing it's toys out of the pram for payback. 

I said fuck it, it's probably not worth the hassle. 

Until I just read this thread and now I've filled in the form and im gonna go find whichever cunt form exists for MBNA. 

While I'm here let me also big up nationwide for non-cuntery as someone else did. This is probably because they remember being a building society rather than a cunt retail bank and the board haven't been or possibly can't be infiltrated with fuckbastards.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Double also, this also just shows that banks can pretty much do what they want. 

They basically willfully mis-sold this shit to people, fucking loads of people, and now they're paying it back, but I have to wonder how much money they actually made even factoring in the payouts now, at this point down the line. 

Fuck you late stage capitalism. ChomskyIntensifies.gif
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!