The No Subject Thread
  • Sell him a "new" car.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • MattyJ wrote:
    He's tried to poison bob slowly over the years with the flat whites, but has decided to step up his game now

It all started when I sold him a dodgy Audi
    The Forum Herald™
  • Ahh, now the full story comes out.
  • Bob wrote:
    Nice customer (He's brings me a flat white from McDonalds every time he comes in (I'm on about four) has brought me in a 15 year old bottle of Southern Comfort as a 'thank you' the seals is broken but other the bottle looks new and full. Worth a punt or bin it?

What strength is it? I got my dad a bottle of the 50% stuff for Christmas and he says it was great. They proper stuff is basically the bourbon equivalent of spiced rum.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Gremill wrote:
    Bob wrote:
    Nice customer (He's brings me a flat white from McDonalds every time he comes in (I'm on about four) has brought me in a 15 year old bottle of Southern Comfort as a 'thank you' the seals is broken but other the bottle looks new and full. Worth a punt or bin it?
    What strength is it? I got my dad a bottle of the 50% stuff for Christmas and he says it was great. They proper stuff is basically the bourbon equivalent of spiced rum.

89441996_10222415414193244_808095459632480256_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=zkNn9_x_dwUAX9PN8Lu&_nc_ht=scontent.fgci1-1.fna&oh=1c0d70a5aa8736e1be4c592807a7f928&oe=5EA1D402

Yeah 50% proof
    The Forum Herald™
  • I'd drink that.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Since a university experience with it, even the smell of Southern Comfort makes me retch.
  • Kow wrote:
    Since a university experience with it, even the smell of Southern Comfort makes me retch.
    Yeah I am exactly the same. I used to drink it a fair bit but I can't even smell it now.
  • Kow wrote:

That's the same for me with that drink that tastes like ainiseed.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Sambuca?
    That was another one for me but I am ok with it now, just have no desire to drink it.
  • Malibu's my version.
  • I do it with cider every now and then but the recharge rate is quicker. Whenever I'm ready for cider again I love it.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Sambuca? That was another one for me but I am ok with it now, just have no desire to drink it.

Pernod. It was the 80s
    The Forum Herald™
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    There's a Blackbird with little chicks in a nest in the hedge in our back yard. A nice little thing in these miserable shit times.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Suitable.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    But I meant the supersonic plane.
  • Oh those things, they get everywhere.
  • Bob wrote:
    LivDiv wrote:
    Sambuca? That was another one for me but I am ok with it now, just have no desire to drink it.

Pernod. It was the 80s

Pernod’s the one I can’t face too. ’90s in my case though.

• Yeah it is one of my faves.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Kow wrote:
    There's a Blackbird with little chicks in a nest in the hedge in our back yard. A nice little thing in these miserable shit times.

Bird update. One of the little ones fell out of the nest and was hiding in some leaves on the ground squeaking. I felt terrible but it seems maybe it was intentional. The parent bird is hanging around trying to encourage it and I think it might be getting ready to fly by itself. I was reading up and sometimes the fledgling bird stays on the ground for a few days to become independent.

• Southern Comfort update - caved last night and had a glass. Man it was amazing - sweet warm smooth with that fire of neat alcohol
    The Forum Herald™
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Kow wrote:
    Kow wrote:

Bird update. One of the little ones fell out of the nest and was hiding in some leaves on the ground squeaking. I felt terrible but it seems maybe it was intentional. The parent bird is hanging around trying to encourage it and I think it might be getting ready to fly by itself. I was reading up and sometimes the fledgling bird stays on the ground for a few days to become independent.

We've been plagued with an intermittent, seemingly random, hammering noise in our house for a few months. It sounded like the next door neighbours (semi detached) were doing DIY, but there has been no one in there since Christmas, and no one has been doing any work on it.

It sounds louder if we have the window open, so we figured it must be someone doing something outside, but whenever we go outside it stops, and as it's random we never know when would be a good time to check.

Anyway, on my dash out of the door today to try and identify which dickhead neighbour was causing the noise, I noticed two big crows flying off the roof of the house, which coincidened with the noise stopping. I reckon they've figured out some technique for opening a nut or snail or similar that involves using part of my roof as an anvil. I'm not sure how to get rid of the buggers.

Tldr; birds are shits.
  • I got a little drunk with some friends last night and got an amazon notification saying that my new mobile phone is on its way.

Seems like I used my credit card :(
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Lol oops
  • Its ok though, I was sensible and ordered a budget android phone I had my eye on as a replacement for my iPhone SE that struggles to make it through a whole shift with its battery. My contract isn't due a renewal for 9 months and I need a better phone with a better battery. Only cost me £160
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Seems like even though Im drunk im still sensible
  • Watching television is proving to be insufficiently escapist. Every time I see people kissing or shaking hands I’m flinching.
  • I’m convinced this War of the Worlds adaptation on Fox is the perfect viewing right now. A story of sudden global apocalypse where a simple virus eventually saves the day.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!