The No Subject Thread
  • I heard Minky lost his chill on Greenberry Hill.
  • Thank fuck. Never again.

EuBvgO-XcAMbH6u?format=png&name=900x900
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Woohoo. Excellent news Tempy. Congratulations.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Well done Temps!
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Well in Templeton
  • I am now able to delete the Blender Default Cube, legally.
  • Well done Tempy. You know out rank me.
  • Great stuff, Tempy.
  • Nice one Tempus!
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Woohoo well done Temps
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Two for two Tempy great stuff. Merit!
  • Looking down my list of internet searches I did recently google artichoke preparation, which I guess has some association with Italy.... so... er... lasagne? nothing else comes close. 

most of my ads are usually something to do with plants of video games, and i can see why id be shown that, but this doesn't make sense. maybe it is just a coincidence. maybe I do get shown a bunch of random adverts from time to time, and this is the only one that registered because of this recent conversation. Still, it's unnerving

You can do searches on google while not logged into your email account that way ads cant be tailored for you.

Or add an extension like Ghostery to your browser. Stops trackers like Facebook.

Ghostery
    How does Ghostery work?
    Ghostery is a browser extension, a piece of software that extends the functionality of a web browser on a desktop computer. Ghostery monitors all the different web servers that are being called from a particular web page and matches them with a library of data collection tools (trackers). If it finds a match, Ghostery shows that tracker in the list in the pop-up information bubble or control panel. If you’ve configured Ghostery to block communication with one or more of these companies, it interrupts the call from leaving the browser.

This is different than opting-out or blocking cookies because those strategies still allow the browser to communicate with the web server (they just try to alter the communication or the response). When blocking is enabled, Ghostery never allows the communication in the first place.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    Looking down my list of internet searches I did recently google artichoke preparation, which I guess has some association with Italy.... so... er... lasagne? nothing else comes close. 

most of my ads are usually something to do with plants of video games, and i can see why id be shown that, but this doesn't make sense. maybe it is just a coincidence. maybe I do get shown a bunch of random adverts from time to time, and this is the only one that registered because of this recent conversation. Still, it's unnerving

You can do searches on google while not logged into your email account that way ads cant be tailored for you.

Unless you're using chrome, then the just associate the cookies with your account whenever you do log in.
  • Great stuff, congrats Temps.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Looking down my list of internet searches I did recently google artichoke preparation, which I guess has some association with Italy.... so... er... lasagne? nothing else comes close. 

Unless you're using chrome, then the just associate the cookies with your account whenever you do log in.

Get chrome browser extension to wipe cookies on exit. Simples.

Do people not install extension on there browsers and just use them as default?
  • Can we all be somewhat disappointed that Tempy got a merit and not a distinction ? Its tempy after all, we have standards and expectations and they clearly havent been met. ;)
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    Dinostar77 wrote:

Get chrome browser extension to wipe cookies on exit. Simples.

Do people not install extension on there browsers and just use them as default?

I keep Chrome clean as a backup if I run into compatibility issues then stick with a main browser from a company that gives a shit about my privacy. Personally, I use Safari, but would recommend Firefox to PC users.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I dropped Chrome ages ago. Fuck them. I'll give my info to Microsoft, thank you very much.

And congrats to Tumpy also.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Can we all be somewhat disappointed that Tempy got a merit and not a distinction ? Its tempy after all, we have standards and expectations and they clearly havent been met. ;)

Heh, I fully checked out of the course by the end. I didn't even write a conclusion for my written component. The uni was a shambles all through lockdown, I am surprised I even finished it.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Whoop 10p
  • Tempy wrote:
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    Can we all be somewhat disappointed that Tempy got a merit and not a distinction ? Its tempy after all, we have standards and expectations and they clearly havent been met. ;)

Heh, I fully checked out of the course by the end. I didn't even write a conclusion for my written component. The uni was a shambles all through lockdown, I am surprised I even finished it.

Who did you do Masters with with Strathclyde? Glasgow? Or Cally?
  • Caledonian for the Masters, Glasgow for the Undergrad
  • Good work Tempy. That's got to be worth a large number of post lockdown celebration points.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Dr Tempy I presume?

Hats off to you sir, after such a struggle with work/life balance trials, an inspiration even.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Never give up. It's a bag of 8bitdo's, not a bag of 8bitdon'ts.

I really wanted the picture there other day but couldn't find it. Does anybody have it?
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    I am now able to delete the Blender Default Cube, legally.
    Replace it with the monkey for extra fun!

Congrats, you got it done! Am really happy for you.

• n0face wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Never give up. It's a bag of 8bitdo's, not a bag of 8bitdon'ts.
    I really wanted the picture there other day but couldn't find it. Does anybody have it?

Always m8

15sRG13.png

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!