Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Is it really going to look like that? I'd die of shame to have that thing in my living room.
  • Didn't realise it was a Capcom logo, thought the image on the video thumbnail was just part of the hype. Would definitely pay £600 for a big Sega block with two decades worth of arcade games on it.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Didn't realise it was a Capcom logo, thought the image on the video thumbnail was just part of the hype. Would definitely pay £600 for a big Sega block with two decades worth of arcade games on it.

Ha! Nerd.

*pauses*

*thinks*

No, actually that would, that would be quite nice...
    SFV - reddave360
  • I'd probably pay £200 for a SF2: Hyper Fighting cabinet and am actually now wondering whether that's a possibility.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I might start a betting thread on how many of these reg will buy
    Most boring outcome I've not bought a game outright this year because Japan. Shall not consume. Trade in continues.
  • Reg to buy one in Japan and one here later.
  • Unlikely wrote:
    I'd probably pay £200 for a SF2: Hyper Fighting cabinet and am actually now wondering whether that's a possibility.
    You can buy a licenced 3/4 sized one on amazon for £300

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Arcade1UP-Street-Fighter-II-Challengers/dp/B07K2RJCXS
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Didn't realise it was a Capcom logo, thought the image on the video thumbnail was just part of the hype. Would definitely pay £600 for a big Sega block with two decades worth of arcade games on it.

Ha! Nerd.

*pauses*

*thinks*

No, actually that would, that would be quite nice...

I'd buy a Sega shammy to keep the blue and whites popping.
  • Smang wrote:
    holy shit just realised no Slam Masters. this is unacceptable https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CP_System_II#List_of_games

Slam Masters is the best
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Makes me wonder now just how much pressure was put on sites like Emuparadise to get it shut down. Every fucker is making a mint out of retro titles.
    PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • regmcfly wrote:
    I might start a betting thread on how many of these reg will buy
    Most boring outcome I've not bought a game outright this year because Japan. Shall not consume. Trade in continues.

I do nae believe yous

Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • I've got a Pandora's box 5 for around £95 fitted Sanwa sticks for an extra £45 and it's brilliant. There are 980 games on there many of which I'll never play but it's miles better value for money than this cash in. You just have to be careful you get a legit one as there's quite a few proper knock offs.

Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • The big issue for me is that you can't separate the two sticks.
  • The big issue for me is that you can't separate the two sticks.
    Or separate the sticks from the bit that plugs into the TV. Unless you're going to stick it in an arcade cabinet it seems completely impractical.
  • I've got enough shmups, arcade re-releases, and funnily enough Capcom Beat 'Em Up Collection on my Switch so all I really need is this tbh

hori-stick-arcade-nintendo-switch.jpeg
  • Is that legit? Want!
    SFV - reddave360
  • Absolutely. Official licensed Hori stick. £100ish
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Very nice but too many alternatives to make it a thing for me. Plus the Capcom shape doesn't help.

It's got Gigawing though. Nice to see Night Warriors get an outing too.

What I really want is a Sega arcade box with all those wonderful model 1 and 2 games. No emu - have the actual hardware in the box. It's 20-odd years old for goodness sake.

OK then. Emulate. But make it good - get someone like M2 to do it.

USB/Bluetooth for sticks, wheels, guns etc.

Imagine real Daytona, Virtua Racer, SCUD, Rally ,VF, HoTD in the house.

M2 could even widescreen them and add online features. I would literally wet myself.

Do it.

Until then either @Eric's Pandora or a Supergun are the only viable alternatives for me.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    To be honest though. just a good old PC with MAME and a half decent stick is all an 'oul retro head like me needs most of the time.
  • Ridiculous and completely unnecessary but I love it and want it.

It really is a thing of beauty.
    PSN: LtPidgeon - Live: Lt Pidgeon
  • davyK wrote:
    To be honest though. just a good old PC with MAME and a half decent stick is all an 'oul retro head like me needs most of the time.

But look at it!

Next, we need an "Ocean" one in a similar fashion.
    PSN: LtPidgeon - Live: Lt Pidgeon
  • i'm interested to see the guts, if it's easy to mod its a fairly cheap cuddle stick - depending whether the aesthetic appeals of course.

The 16 Games pre-installed are the original Capcom arcade ROMs with emulation exclusively provided by FBAlpha, delivering an authentic and accurate arcade experience.

Just noticed this - it's literally going to be the roms and emulator i've been using for the last 20 years! where's GGPO at
  • I’d be happy to get this if there was a modularity. I think 16 arcade games is good fun for a bit but I think more would be better because of the kind of game they are.
  • speculate on that rear USB port...

PC connectivity or you can hook two up for the few 4 player games on there?
  • Smang wrote:
    i'm interested to see the guts, if it's easy to mod its a fairly cheap cuddle stick - depending whether the aesthetic appeals of course. The 16 Games pre-installed are the original Capcom arcade ROMs with emulation exclusively provided by FBAlpha, delivering an authentic and accurate arcade experience. Just noticed this - it's literally going to be the roms and emulator i've been using for the last 20 years! where's GGPO at
    There seems to be some confusion over whether they have permission to use this for commercial use, or whether they don't need it anyway.

But it's also a statement of intent, I guess, that it's going to be easy to add more roms.
  • hopefully, i'd be more interested this device if it can be loaded up with roms of various systems.

i really want to see a non-render photo of this thing.
  • I like the brashness of the design, it's what arcade gaming is all about. Begs to be played on max volume until the police show up.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • I like the brashness of the design, it's what arcade gaming is all about. Begs to be played on max volume until the police show up.

Bingo. It’s tasteless because it’s meant to be. “Capcom! Fuck yeah!”
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    LtPidgeon wrote:
    davyK wrote:
    But look at it! Next, we need an "Ocean" one in a similar fashion.

After having watched that trailer a few times I'm starting to get the look of at actually.

Would be hard not to smile on first seeing it in reality.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    They state exclusive provision of FBAlpha emulation. Maybe it's a special build.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!