adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I like this, it takes away the very raw videogamey look of the normal 60fps mode. I think the detail pop-in at far distances is a bit more noticeable but you can't have everything.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Miles Morales gone, Godfall next.
  • Anyone else had their money taken from Game and been sent the email update?

So confusing!
  • My order from currys turned up Tuesday. They said they were gonna cancel everyones who ordered before 9am on the 19th but they've ended up honouring the vast majority of orders.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    kestla wrote:
    Anyone else had their money taken from Game and been sent the email update?

So confusing!

They took the money a day it two later. Not had an update since.
  • FranticPea wrote:
    kestla wrote:
    Anyone else had their money taken from Game and been sent the email update?

So confusing!

They took the money a day it two later. Not had an update since.

That's strange, you bagged one before me i think?

The wording of my email suggests the 24th as release day, and says they'll be dispatching the day before using Royal Mail 48. If that's the case, mine may well be sat in a sorting office until after Christmas!
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I got an email when they took the money saying its being packed, and says available on the 24th.
  • Sounds like the same one. I was under the impression that this batch would get to everyone before Christmas, so I'm just gonna have to hope that's still the case, despite the weird wording. What does available mean!? Arggghh!

• FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I've no idea. Didn't they say that only people that chose Priority Delivery would get it on the 24th? I chose that because a)I'm an idiot, b)because its my Xmas present AND I WANT IT ON XMAS DAY and c)I'm an idiot.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Oh, just this sec got a dispatch email. No tracking info or owt though.
  • FranticPea wrote:
    I've no idea. Didn't they say that only people that chose Priority Delivery would get it on the 24th? I chose that because a)I'm an idiot, b)because its my Xmas present AND I WANT IT ON XMAS DAY and c)I'm an idiot.

Lol. A friend of mine chose the Royal Mail 48 option and received a dispatch email today, despite having the 24th as the due date too. All seems a bit random.

Much like a newborn child, as long as mine is delivered safe and sound, i don't care when it arrives now.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'm assuming there's no rumblings of any more dropping this calendar year?
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Sony really are twats. Been wondering why the sound is only PCM. Set device type to AV amp. Set number of speakers to 5.1. You’d think that would be a good place to put the settings for Dolby Digital and DTS. Nope you gotta go past headphone settings. Then Home Screen music and sound effects. Then you get the fucking audio format. Of course it belongs there. Cunts.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Sony really are twats. Been wondering why the sound is only PCM. Set device type to AV amp. Set number of speakers to 5.1. You’d think that would be a good place to put the settings for Dolby Digital and DTS. Nope you gotta go past headphone settings. Then Home Screen music and sound effects. Then you get the fucking audio format. Of course it belongs there. Cunts.

And it’s only Dolby Digital + and not Atmos.
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Pcm should be better than dolby/dts though - no compression. Assuming it’s outputting 5.1 (or whatever) that’s what I’d go for out of choice.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    No it just does pcm stereo.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Apparently Atmos is coming Gaz. They bet on the headphones but unless I’m doing MP I really don’t want to sit with headphones on.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    kestla wrote:
    FranticPea wrote:

Lol. A friend of mine chose the Royal Mail 48 option and received a dispatch email today, despite having the 24th as the due date too. All seems a bit random.

Much like a newborn child, as long as mine is delivered safe and sound, i don't care when it arrives now.

Just got a Royal Mail email. Seems it's coming earlier than the 24th then. Its in South West DC apparently

partridgeshrug.gif
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    b0r1s wrote:

In the bit labelled 'General'.. in the sound menu? I mean.. it's fair enough Boris that it's in there really isn't it? Shirley? It's a tiny bit wonky that it's down there at the bottom I guess?

The PCM stereo thing is a bit weirder though. It all sounds fine on my 5.1 setup once you put it in a bitstream format. 

The chances of it actually putting any sound out at all after waking from rest mode though are still well under 50:50 following the latest patch. At least the restart that fixes it is quick.. and it seems to be able to get my TV to engage HDR properly when waking from rest than before the last patch. Still not a guarantee.. but better.. 

There's quite a bit that they've left to 'fix it in post' eh?  

It might run ok with ALLM, VRR, 4:4:4 Chroma in about 6 months? Maybe?

Edit: Headphones sound lovely apparently as well. I don't use them much mind..
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I literally didn’t see it. I don’t mess with the default dash sounds and didn’t expect anything below. PCM stereo on Sonos doesn’t have any positional audio beyond left and right so the centre in the soundbar is just split, the sun is just added bass and the surrounds just add a rough background noise of whatever is playing out the front speakers.

Dolby Digital bitstream while compressed audio, has the split of channels. Atmos would be nice.

I suppose I overreacted with the Cbomb but it was late and stuff like this so frustrating because it’s such an obvious thing to place next to the speaker settings.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Returnal is up for preorder. 19th March release date. £70 or deluxe for £80. I mean compared to other deluxe versions it’s almost a bargain :-D
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    I didn't see it either in reality Boris so it is all a bit odd. I had been buggering about with similar settings with my Pro not long ago though so knew it'd be in there somewhere.. 

The actual display of my av amp is hidden behind my front left so I didn't even notice the whole stereo pcm problem until it cropped up in some youtube videos about my big new telly? I think? Or some av website I've been keeping an eye on for Samsung TV system updates or settings or whatever. 

So very much of this stuff has come in damn hot.. all over the place..
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Calling it - Returnal's going to be the first 'must have' next gen game.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Calling it - Returnal's going to be the first 'must have' next gen game.

Can’t see it myself, what makes it next gen? I don’t see anything that the PS4 can’t do part from better graphics
  • But it’s doesn’t look as if it couldn’t run on a PS4
  • Next gen game rather than true next generation experience then. I just think it'll be good, regardless of polyflops.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!