X Box Series S and X thread of MS DOING IT BETTER
  • Box are holding a ballot, so whilst I'm not posting links to purchase, it's a link to enter yourself into a draw for a chance to purchase. I know its not ideal but it's a good way to stop websites falling over when the time comes cos of some coke dealers bots.

https://twitter.com/DealsFoundry/status/1331578672583729154?s=19
  • cheers Gav. worth a punt, and generally a more civilised way to do it.

i do wonder what the odds are of 'winning' though considering likely number of units vs number of people that register. imagine using up your lottery winning luck on the chance to pay for a console! :)
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Sure hope this guy is delivering the whole thing today, just sold my one x on gumtree
  • Just had a look at Argos and they’re letting me put an X in my trolley now, but then saying there are none available to deliver, or to collect from anywhere. So it’s a bit pointless really.
  • poprock wrote:
    Just had a look at Argos and they’re letting me put an X in my trolley now, but then saying there are none available to deliver, or to collect from anywhere. So it’s a bit pointless really.
    I've been playing this game intermittently all day. If you keep setting your location, sometimes it pops up with one in a random location of the country, but only ever for collection. Though i've not seen anything in scotland or even north England yet.
  • Kenny has pulled through, the series x is here, but the extra controller isnt. The packaging is a bit bashed and torn so im not sure if its been half inched but will wait and see if it gets delivered separately.
  • Well done Kenny. Congrats Boolitt!
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I look forward to playing Sea of Thieves with Boolitt without having to stock the ship and visit three islands before he loads the game
  • Boolitt wrote:
    Kenny has pulled through, the series x is here …

Hurrah!
  • Yossarian wrote:
    That Bulletstorm Full Clip Edition is a decent blast for £4 and runs very smoothly at 4K60 if folks are after a quick something.

I’ve been tempted by that for £4, thanks for the reminder.

I’ll add it to my backlog.

I have a £4 left over from my free £8

The Forum Herald™
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Just spotted that AirServer is in the sale. I swear by this app, it offers AirPlay, Google Cast and Miracast streaming, it allows me to stream audio directly from my phone to listen to in the background when playing games, and it allows me to cast my Oculus to the TV, something my TV doesn’t offer in itself. I can’t see the price as I own it, but it’s a very decent app.

I’ve also just spotted that DTS sound unbound is half off for in-app purchases. Gives DTS:X output for home theatre systems and DTS Headphone:X for cans. Supposedly a step up from Atmos for headphones, might be worth giving the 14 day free trial a go to see if it’s worth the eight quid and change that they’re asking for it.
  • Yay Boolitt!
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • I look forward to playing Sea of Thieves with Boolitt without having to stock the ship and visit three islands before he loads the game
    Legends shouldn't really be expected to stock the ship to be fair
    ;)
  • Yossarian wrote:
    I’ve also just spotted that DTS sound unbound is half off for in-app purchases. Gives DTS:X output for home theatre systems and DTS Headphone:X for cans. Supposedly a step up from Atmos for headphones, might be worth giving the 14 day free trial a go to see if it’s worth the eight quid and change that they’re asking for it.

So is that different to the normal DTS output that’s in the settings?
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Went looking for Airserver on the Store and ended up buying AoE2 for £7.49 instead. I think I did this right.
  • Anyone crossplay gamepass xbox and PC? Is it possible to continue my game from the xbox on my PC? Slay the Spire specifically but interested to know if its a thing.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Hodge360 wrote:
    Anyone crossplay gamepass xbox and PC? Is it possible to continue my game from the xbox on my PC? Slay the Spire specifically but interested to know if its a thing.

Yeah there’s a few. Was pleasantly surprised when I got the new box and a lot of my pc saves were synced. Look up Xbox play anywhere for a list of what supports it.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    The Daddy wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:

I think it’s like the sequel to DTS.

There’s info on how it compares to Atmos here:

https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/dtsx-vs-dolby-atmos-vs-dts-play-fi

It’s the DTS headphone implementation that I’ve heard good things about.
  • Thanks Daddy. Looks like I'm outta luck. Just gonna have to stream from console. Strange though because xcloud let's me continue.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Just noticed no optical audio on the series x.
    My wireless turtle heads will just need to be hooked into the back of the tv.
    Not sure if this will make any difference but seems a bit weird to not have the option.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Boolitt wrote:
    Just noticed no optical audio on the series x.
    Not sure if this will make any difference but seems a bit weird to not have the option.

Yeah, that got ditched. Most headphone manufacturers have been coming up with ways to bypass the optical, might want to check the TB website.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    The Daddy wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:

I think it’s like the sequel to DTS.

There’s info on how it compares to Atmos here:

https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/dtsx-vs-dolby-atmos-vs-dts-play-fi

It’s the DTS headphone implementation that I’ve heard good things about.

Cheers Yoss. I’ll give the trial a shot, see if it sounds any different to the normal dts setting. The DTS:X stuff on films that I play through my shield tend to sound awesome.
  • Boolitt wrote:
    Just noticed no optical audio on the series x.

Wtf.
    I use optical to my surround sound system.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • pantyfire wrote:
    Boolitt wrote:
    Just noticed no optical audio on the series x. My wireless turtle heads will just need to be hooked into the back of the tv. Not sure if this will make any difference but seems a bit weird to not have the option.
    Wtf. I use optical to my surround sound system.
    Yup, neither of the new Xboxes nor the Playstation 5 have an optical out port. It was stripped out late in development to cut costs. It was an absolute cunt move, and I'm furious.
    If you have an ultra modern telly, you can probably ARC it out the back of the telly via the telly's optical out (assuming it has one), or if like me you have an older telly that doesn't have optical out, then I ended up buying this rather swish hub I can plug a tonne of things into with hdmi, and then optical out from the box to my amp. Got it on Amazon, and this one was pricey, but it works a treat, and there are a tonne of options on Amazon for similar at a whole bunch of price points.
    WWK0gXa.jpg
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • That looks straight outta the Maplins catalogue.. sweet.

I'm looking forward to plugging my headset straight into my new gamepad on Friday night.
    The Forum Herald™
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Wires? Where we're going we don't need wires!
  • I think optical is pretty much done at this stage. I don't think I've ever bought one of the cables from a shop, it's always been on-line. I'm torn because all the audio kit I have rely on optical, but it's another horrible physical connection. Scart levels of bad design.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I might have to reinvestigate optical from my TV to my receiver. Tried to switch to ARC with the Series X and it’s just been a shitshow. Only getting stereo from the X and having to reconnect everything pretty much every session as the handshake has been lost in the meantime.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Wires? Where we're going we don't need wires!

* waits for b0r1s *
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I’m the last person to give advice about headphones.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!