• Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    The Bethesda acquisition is official.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/03/09/officially-welcoming-bethesda-to-the-xbox-family/

Definitely going to see arguments about exclusivity continue to run with the vagueness of that statement.
  • Game Pass announcements with Beth games later in the week. Nice.
  • I do like Beth Games.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Cupatay wrote:
    Series s in stock at Amazon now.

Thanks. I'm a next genner now (well, tomorrow). I was flip flopping all over the place with my Xbox choice but the S made the most sense in the end.

Do we have a place to check account sharing etc? I'm sure the question has been asked dozens of times but I've never taken it in because it hasn't applied to me. If I give a mate my log in for the One S, can he leech off my game pass sub without us having to pre-arrange who plays when (i.e logging in on one console doesn't boot the other one out).
  • Game Pass announcements with Beth games later in the week. Nice.
    Game pass me some
    New Vegas? I’m all over that
    The Forum Herald™
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    It’s already on Game Pass.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Cupatay wrote:
    Series s in stock at Amazon now.
    Thanks. I'm a next genner now (well, tomorrow). I was flip flopping all over the place with my Xbox choice but the S made the most sense in the end. Do we have a place to check account sharing etc? I'm sure the question has been asked dozens of times but I've never taken it in because it hasn't applied to me. If I give a mate my log in for the One S, can he leech off my game pass sub without us having to pre-arrange who plays when (i.e logging in on one console doesn't boot the other one out).
    you need the console that you're not using to be your home one - that means whoever logs on it, can play your games. you can set that machine to default to another user for login too, so there's not really any need for them to log on as you.
    then your personal console you want to use, you log on as you (again can be default account so no faffing). then you can play any games you have access to.
    you can then both play same games at same time online together, using your subscription.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Excellent, thanks. Sounds too good to be true but I'm glad it's not.
  • Just one question this because I asked before but forgot this detail.

When we say has access to, does that mean the secondary account can fully browse GamePass or does the primary account have to set something downloading then switch back?
  • Yossarian wrote:
    It’s already on Game Pass.

"It's already on Game Pass" is the new "Simpsons did it"
    SFV - reddave360
  • I now have an S coming on Thursday.  

I haven't had an Xbox since the original beast and missed out on the PS4/One generation completely (unless you count the Switch).

Presumably the best idea is to get Gamepass and take it from there?  Anything else I should be aware of, going in?
  • Download Forza Horizon 4 and join FNF.

• Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I wasn’t a fan of racing games at all, then one day in the pub I was chatting with Goob about how much of a laugh Forza is on a Friday night and I decided to grab 3 just to join in the fun. And Goob was right, it is a laugh. Consider it a night in the pub broken up with a few races, which, over the course of the last year, has turned into an absolutely vital social lifeline for me as I’m living alone during this pandemic.

Of course, then Forza Horizon 4 came out and I absolutely loved it. It actually made me want to get good at the game, and is probably one of my most played games on Xbox. Not bad for someone who probably also said that they hate racing games at some point in their lives.
  • Chazmano was the same, he took some convincing and I never remember us playing racing stuff growing up..

He loves it now.

Matt, it's ridiculously accessible. Just give it a try, is all.
  • Matt_82 wrote:
    I now have an S coming on Thursday.  

I haven't had an Xbox since the original beast and missed out on the PS4/One generation completely (unless you count the Switch).

Presumably the best idea is to get Gamepass and take it from there?  Anything else I should be aware of, going in?

Get three years of gold, load it on (don’t get the free month for turning on recurring billing as it’ll stop you loading on the final year). Then upgrade to ultimate for £1. You can get gold for about £40 per year from cdkeys. Works out less than £3.50 per month for ultimate.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Which includes LIVE, so a fookin bargain.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Addition to the obvious on Gamepass.

Quests.
    You should see these fairly quickly as one daily quest is to open a gamepass game.
    Quests are things like that, open a gp game, open 4 gp games in a week, earn an achievement in any gp game etc.
    These give you Quest points. Like a Tesco Clubcard Quests are exchanged for rewards.
    The best value rewards are either store credit or more Gamepass providing you are paying full price already. There is also stuff like money off Pizza Express. The only thing I would avoid is the competitions which are just a waste as the odds are crap.

Perks
    Hidden away a bit I think Perks only come with GP Ultimate but could be wrong.
    These are rarely great but worth a look. Most of the time it is currency or skins for free to play or GaaS games. Ocassionaly they might be for something you actually want to play. on rare occasions it is something worthwhile, for example I got a free month of Disney+.

Games with Gold
    Free games with gold. Mostly shit but worth a look. These stick around for a month but rotate fortnightly with two games being offset by two weeks.

Free Play Days
    Does what it says. Games available to play for free for a limited time, usually over a long weekend. Worth a look every now and again.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    That's a great guide.

Also get Control and MCC and never look back.

It's not about the racing. It's about the drinking, the shouting, the cheating Yoss, the terrible tales from Hair, the infectious laughter from Syph and the occasional visit from the Wing Commander.

Occasionally we race

Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    the cheating Yoss

I don’t do anything that most everyone else, yourself very much included, doesn’t also do. The only difference between me and you isn’t the tactics, it’s the fact that I’m able to win more than once per month.
  • Yeah matt, really, come join us, it is all perfectly normal.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    the cheating Yoss

I don’t do anything that most everyone else, yourself very much included, doesn’t also do. The only difference between me and you isn’t the tactics, it’s the fact that I’m able to win more than once per month.

Oooh the handbags are out!
    ;)
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Yea do come join us Matt, it's the most fun you can have with your trousers on.
  • Trousers on?

This is awkward
  • The Daddy wrote:
    Get three years of gold, load it on (don’t get the free month for turning on recurring billing as it’ll stop you loading on the final year). Then upgrade to ultimate for £1. You can get gold for about £40 per year from cdkeys. Works out less than £3.50 per month for ultimate.

This is an exploit, yeah?  Sounds good, lol.  So I buy three years worth of Gold sub from CD keys and then upgrade to the Ultimate Gamepass for a quid and that will last the three years?

Where about is the 'upgrade' option that I should use?  On the console or do I do it on PC?

The peer pressure is strong to get Forza.  Though I'm sure you'll regret asking when I start ramming everyone off the road, instead of racing like you are supposed to.
  • Matt_82 wrote:
    I'm sure you'll regret asking when I start ramming everyone off the road, instead of racing like you are supposed to.

You’ll fit right in.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!