X Box Series S and X thread of MS DOING IT BETTER
  • Do u ever speak to carpets?
    PSN - minkymu
  • Minkymu wrote:
    Yes indeed i did you lathario
    Ex lathario. Now I'm just lethargic
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Minkymu wrote:
    Do u ever speak to carpets?

Nope, he was a bit of a tool
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • 3 pages late my dude. ;)
  • Tbh im excited for series s
    PSN - minkymu
  • 3 pages late my dude. ;)

Story of my life mate
    The Forum Herald™
  • What time
    Should I
    Join the queue
    The Forum Herald™
  • I’ll be there at 08:00 Bob considering the scenes there last week.
  • TheBoyRoberts
    Show networks
    Xbox
    The Boy Roberts
    PSN
    TheBoyRoberts
    Steam
    TheBoyRoberts
    Wii
    BoyRoberts

Send message
    I'm going for the double-pronged approach.

Going to get a session on Amazon ready so I can fire-off a quick pre-order in a couple of clicks.

I'm also going to try and get one sorted though Symths so I can take advantage of the Access All Areas deal.  If I manage to get that sorted, then I'll cancel the Amazon pre-order.

I know there's a lot of negativity about both the PS5 and Xbox launches, but I'm really excited about both.  For a tech lover, there's nothing better than a new console.  I'm pumped!!
  • Verecocha wrote:
    I’ll be there at 08:00 Bob considering the scenes there last week.
    What happened ?

I’m not expecting it to be quiet so hectic ;)

Will i see you in the queue ?
    The Forum Herald™
  • I'm going for the double-pronged approach.

Going to get a session on Amazon ready so I can fire-off a quick pre-order in a couple of clicks.

I'm also going to try and get one sorted though Symths so I can take advantage of the Access All Areas deal.  If I manage to get that sorted, then I'll cancel the Amazon pre-order.

I know there's a lot of negativity about both the PS5 and Xbox launches, but I'm really excited about both.  For a tech lover, there's nothing better than a new console.  I'm pumped!!

I’m just going Amazon. Wasn’t the link for the Ps5 last week a nightmare to find?
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Amazon was fine from a PC, but a write off on their app. Every time I clicked on the PS5 item, it took me back to the homepage. On the laptop, I was sorted straight away.

Tomorrow, I'm going to try Smyths and Game. I'm not paying for the X outright at the same time as a PS5. I could, but I just don't want to and I'm justifying the £29 per month spend as the cost of a game - which I'll get through Gamepass.

If I can't get one through the All Access scheme, I guess I won't bother for a while.
  • TheBoyRoberts
    Show networks
    Xbox
    The Boy Roberts
    PSN
    TheBoyRoberts
    Steam
    TheBoyRoberts
    Wii
    BoyRoberts

Send message
    I wonder how the access all areas thing works.

I pay up front for Games Pass now (didn’t stack as much as I should) - do I end up cancelling the standard renewal from the dashboard?
  • I'd imagine there's some kind of card in the box that gets you 24 months. Can't imagine it is linked to the purchaser in anyway at the point of sale.
  • Syph79 wrote:
    I'd imagine there's some kind of card in the box that gets you 24 months. Can't imagine it is linked to the purchaser in anyway at the point of sale.

I dunno, the Cyberpunk special edition Xbox One X with the game were tied to the console with no code in the box.
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Tied to the console is fine. I'm just saying I can't see how they would tie it to the purchaser at the point of sale.
  • Maybe they take your Microsoft account details
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • I'll jump on Argoose tomoz and bang it on the card for 12 months, bosh. I've been looking at trade ins for the X, looking like £160—£170 cash, no premium is given for it being a Scorpio edition. Game will give nearly £200 credit but I don't think you can preorder and pay/trade in on collection.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • I can't see that at all. Lots of people won't know them and/or wouldn't necessary use the same email account for finance as they would a console account. It would be an unnecessary barrier to entry.

I have barely used my Gamertag in the last 10 years, and I'm not 100% on the email account used to set it up. If someone asks me for it tomorrow, it would be a surprise and probably force me to create a new one - which I'm not sure Smyths or Game have the option to do.

Edit: @MattyJ's comment.
  • Bob wrote:
    Verecocha wrote:
    I’ll be there at 08:00 Bob considering the scenes there last week.
    What happened ?

I’m not expecting it to be quiet so hectic ;)

Will i see you in the queue ?

I didn’t think it’d be open at 08:00 considering it’s just a couple of tills in Sports Direct after they messed up their move, so wandered down after a night shift maybe about 08:30 and I was the last person in the queue to guarantee one. People had panicked after Sony’s last minute approach and started queuing from 05:00 as they couldn’t pre order one online.

You’ll see me, if you’re really gonna be there...
  • Syph79 wrote:
    I can't see that at all. Lots of people won't know them and/or wouldn't necessary use the same email account for finance as they would a console account. It would be an unnecessary barrier to entry.

I have barely used my Gamertag in the last 10 years, and I'm not 100% on the email account used to set it up. If someone asks me for it tomorrow, it would be a surprise and probably force me to create a new one - which I'm not sure Smyths or Game have the option to do.

Edit: @MattyJ's comment.

Yeah that's all fair comment mate
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • I'm going All Access at Game but I got this just there from shopto

5xzvNDv.jpg

Happy to use it for a badger if they miss out elsewhere. Note it doesn't guarantee day one stock but still, have a few days before they take it off me.
  • Verecocha wrote:
    You’ll see me, if you’re really gonna be there...

I'll be the one in the Days Gone T Shirt and Friends coffee mug.
    The Forum Herald™
  • YOu'd have to be to buy one of them X boxes baddum tish!
    The Forum Herald™
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Syph79 wrote:
    Tomorrow, I'm going to try Smyths and Game. I'm not paying for the X outright at the same time as a PS5. I could, but I just don't want to and I'm justifying the £29 per month spend as the cost of a game - which I'll get through Gamepass.

Not being sarcastic, but that's a great way of looking at Microsoft's 'All Access'.

retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Bob wrote:
    YOu'd have to be to buy one of them X boxes baddum tish!

If Bob declaring he's buying an Xbox 2 days ago was an elaborate set up for this joke.... To use the parlance: Oof
  • Syph79 wrote:
    Not being sarcastic, but that's a great way of viewing All Access.

That's why I'm in. I'm spending more than that a month on Switch eshop games and other stuff. This way, I get to play the same games and own some hardware on the flipside. Even though I'm in for a PS5, I can honestly see the X being my console of choice this gen.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!