Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    I started playing that Star Wars game on PS5. Man, it was so dull.
  • I'd argue there's enough tf fans that know about Apex and enough Apex fans that now know about tf that a new one would do better and earn more for longer than the last Battlefield.

I have no evidence to back this up this is an uncut raw ass take.

Apex and Titty are awesome. Apex is still huge and I imagine the cross over would be too. Not sure why Fortnight appeals to the older generation, I've never understood it but it's bonkers how many people play it. It's always gonna be a battle against Fortnight and CoD.
  • I blame Rock* and CDPR. But mostly Rock*.
    Everyone wants to be a Rock*.

If the suits had their way they'd release a new GTA every year.

Weren't the latest star wars games respawn?
    I kindof like respawn.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Played through the first one and enjoyed it, but when the sequel came out to mixed reviews, my thinking was wait a year and it'll come to Game Pass.

I'm guessing there won't be a third one.
  • Third one is coming.
    EA have confirmed it. IIRC their hand was forced as they canned some games, or a bunch of Star Wars games got canned and there was concerns the third Jedi game was one of them. Without getting spoilery the story leads into a third.

I think Disney are keen as its some of the most popular content that has been produced since they bought Star Wars, which isn't saying much but they need something to keep positive interest in the brand.
  • hunk wrote:
    I blame Rock* and CDPR. But mostly Rock*. 

Everyone wants to be a Rock*. 

If the suits had their way they'd release a new GTA every year. Weren't the latest star wars games respawn? 
    I kindof like respawn.

I don't really get this. Blame them for what? Both companies spend time developing evergreen titles. They're the opposite of what you're complaining about.
  • Definitely worth a shot on gamepass (jedi survivor). I enjoyed it quite a lot, but be warned there are a lot of things to collect/tick off, some of which are locked off until you progress the story. So I'd advise don't spend too much time at the start worrying about all that stuff but make progress on the story for a while, then come back it it
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • I blame Rock* and CDPR. But mostly Rock*.  Everyone wants to be a Rock*.  If the suits had their way they'd release a new GTA every year. Weren't the latest star wars games respawn?  I kindof like respawn.
    I don't really get this. Blame them for what? Both companies spend time developing evergreen titles. They're the opposite of what you're complaining about.

Sorry, was a tongue firmly in cheeck remark. We're missing an emoji here.
    But seriously, all the suits are pursuing their own gta/witcher/fortnite mmo live service lootbox game. Sadly, it's a persistent idea in the back of the minds of certain publishers and shareholders.

Not to mention the ridiculous success of gta online.....
    https://www.pcgamer.com/gta-online-makes-half-a-billion-dollars-a-year-even-though-its-a-hot-mess/

In many an exec mind it's the prime example of what videogames should be.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Third one is coming. EA have confirmed it. IIRC their hand was forced as they canned some games, or a bunch of Star Wars games got canned and there was concerns the third Jedi game was one of them. Without getting spoilery the story leads into a third. I think Disney are keen as its some of the most popular content that has been produced since they bought Star Wars, which isn't saying much but they need something to keep positive interest in the brand.

Interesting. Cheers
  • It is incredible that it seems so difficult to make Star Wars games, more canned than released since the Disney buy out I think.

I've heard Disney are a fuck to work with. Simple questions and interim sign offs taking weeks and grinding development to a halt.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    It seems incredible that it's so hard to make a good Star Wars film too.
  • Hasbro even managed to fuck up the action figure packaging causing fan backlash. Cursed.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Just seconding that Fallen Order felt like mush. I had it on PC but it was just a trudge.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    God tittyfall 2 was really fucking good weren't it
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Sure fucking was. Replayed it at Christmas on the PS5.
  • I picked up for £1.25 the other day as I didnt have it on PS5. What can you buy for £1.25 these days as good as Titanfall 2?

Its still solid.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Only Rubicon Mango, liv. Bargain.
  • :D
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Mango Tango is the current quid deal for a bottle out the WH Smiths at work. Usual prices mean you'll take it when you can get it. Not up to the standard of the goat Rubicon but it's a damn fine imitation, imo.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I will give that a go, I'm back to being hooked on Apple Tango which looks like piss, tastes like piss, but its the safest option this side of noxy's Berlin clubs for such a fetish. Can't complain.
  • I'm interested in hunks take on Witcher as a live service lootbox game.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • It's mmo gta online with elves, dwarves, dragons, sex, cosplay and an rpg system!
    All treasure/costumes are lootboxes you can pay for to lvl up faster and change appearence.
  • hunk wrote:
    It's mmo gta online with elves, dwarves, dragons, sex, cosplay and an rpg system!
    All treasure/costumes are lootboxes you can pay for to lvl up faster and change appearence.

Except it's...not?
  • So I'm about halfway through Warhammer 40k: Boltgun and I can't decide if I actually like it that much. The moment to moment combat is great fun - very OTT gory, with some very satisfying and chunky weapons.

But then, because the level design is pretty poor and the environments repetitive and bland to the point where it might even be a metatextual reference to the genre, it has moments of frustration where it's not 100% clear where you are supposed to go next.

It's definitely worth having a go though - there's something about it that keeps me coming back. But equally, I might put it down and never come back to it for no good reason.
  • Hmm. It's on my list of games to play at some point. I crossed Metal Hellslinger off recently.
  • Turns out I was just at the end of the first chapter! Second chapter is desert themed and for some reason they take all of your weapons away except the bolt gun. I don't think I'll be finishing this. I'm more interested in finding out about the WH40k universe than playing this game set in it.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    There’s an ID@Xbox thing happening. Tried to get on to tell peeps but issues with the site. Only promising game so far is Stampede. A MarioKart rip but with what looked like 100 players. Could be chaotic fun.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Moot and I are trashtalking it over WhatsApp as fallback. What a time to be alive.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    It's been pretty shit so far eh?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!