• Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    nick_md wrote:
    Did you see max heat got completed recently?

Yup. Absolutely insane work, and very fortunate.

It wasn’t exactly the first time it had been completed, it had been done before using seed files so people knew what options they’d receive throughout their playthrough. The reckoning was that there was pretty much only one specific build it could be done with, and the odds of getting everything you need for that build were tiny. The person who managed it without a seed file managed to stumble across the right set of options in their first session of trying.
  • I'd have to watch it again, but the impression I got from this vid was that this was the first ever 64 heat?

https://www.thegamer.com/hades-player-becomes-first-person-beat-near-impssible-64-heat-run/#:~:text=Hades player Angel1C
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    This video was published literally the week before it was beaten, it discusses the seeded runs and the odds of getting what’s required to clear it without a seed.

• Playing the Technical Test of Hades 2 and have done the boss several times now (gonna stop at 4 kills on the boss as 5 seems to lock you out of further runs until Early Access). 

Game absolutely fucking slaps.
  • Cheers for the heads up, managed to get in to the test.
  • I signed up but not heard anything, how do you get notified?
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • I signed up but not heard anything, how do you get notified?

Email - they're doing it in waves. If you don't get an email, may also just be worth checking Steam page / library to see if it updated and you have access.
  • I got an email from Steam confirming access.

Playing 2 (which is lovely) has reminded me to get on with 1. I'd only got to Styx once and was close to getting there again yesterday.

Got the final death defiance so that will make future runs longer.

2 seems a tad slower than 1 and smoother (screen scrolling and character model). Assume that's down to more frames of animation.

Will have go back to 2 now as I've remembered how to play.
  • Playing 1 and 2 back to back.

Got to Hades 3 times in a row, and 2nd form the last 2. Making progress...
  • mrsmr2 wrote:
    Playing 1 and 2 back to back. Got to Hades 3
    read up to here and thought there was a 3rd iteration coming out
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • 6th meeting with Hades and I escaped.
    Focussed on using the shield once I realised it can block indefinitely, replacing spear as my main weapon.

I know that's only the start but good to clear it.

Just in time for Hades II early access in the next month or so.
  • Nice one.
    Once you clear it once they'll come rolling in.

I always found the shield to be toughest. I think most of my clears have been with the spear or bow.
  • Had another go with II. Seems so slow (with the 2 available weapons) after the frenetic up close and personal Shield in I.

Technical Test is winding down from Monday so Early Access might be soone than expected.

I'll very likely get it but I'll miss the nice artbook and soundtrack download I had with the physical PS5 version of I.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!