META QUEST - Stand Alone VR
  • When we gonna VR fondle each other again? Heart up to it yet?

Threesome?
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Pea to make a tag team.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    It’ll be well north of £500, I’d guess. And no, it won’t be sending your data to Facebook, Apple’s whole thing these days is privacy. That won’t change.

Aye, they seem super big on privacy. It’s absolutely a marketing gimmick but it’s a good one to have and I don’t worry too much about Apple and what they do with my data.
    Yeah, Facebook gave the RaD team macbooks and iPhones when they bought them, so that the Facebook things would stay private I guess. Feels like a weird mix.

And sorry to have interrupted whatever it is those going on in the previous posts. You can continue now.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Pea to make a tag team.

I'll be the filling any time.
  • TheBoyRoberts
    Show networks
    Xbox
    The Boy Roberts
    PSN
    TheBoyRoberts
    Steam
    TheBoyRoberts
    Wii
    BoyRoberts

Send message
    Hey folks - I’ve got a rift cv1 and I’m thinking about upgrading it to a quest 2 and I have a few questions for you all!

Are the games I’ve bought through the rift store which are compatible with the quest going to be accessible for the new headset without syncing with my pc?

Have any of you upgraded from the cv1 to a quest 2? Is the increase in resolution worth it?

I’ve currently got 3 base stations; will the tracking of the quest 2 at least match the 3 base stations?

Thanks!
  • Quest tracking is as good as any that the vive or CV1 provides so no worries there.

You will have to check to see if any of your CV1 games are crossbuy but if they are they will be available for free on the quest as long as you use the same account.

If you Pc is good enough to run the CV1 you should be able to use the link (But I now hate wires so this is not a good option IMHO) or buy virtual desktop to run the CV1 games on your quest that are not crossbuy.

Yes the improvements are worth it.
    You rang.....
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    My two pennies worth,

Have any of you upgraded from the cv1 to a quest 2? Is the increase in resolution worth it?
    Definitely, but remember your PC will be working harder rendering those pixels.

I’ve currently got 3 base stations; will the tracking of the quest 2 at least match the 3 base stations?
    Quest tracking is extremely good and where you’re going, you won’t need base stations.

PNPRaQ4.jpg
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Oh, if you’re used to the comfort of the CV1, I would seriously consider getting a better strap or padding for the Quest 2.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    A lot of the Rift stuff isn't available on standalone Quest without using your pc, so it depends on pc power.
  • TheBoyRoberts
    Show networks
    Xbox
    The Boy Roberts
    PSN
    TheBoyRoberts
    Steam
    TheBoyRoberts
    Wii
    BoyRoberts

Send message
    I think the pc is up to the task as it doesn’t struggle with the cv1. I’ve got a 3900x and a nvidia 1080.

I’m rather enjoying VR again and my Son is loving it too, but the base stations are a faf and it would be nice to go either wireless (quest style) or via the virtual desktop route. Wouldn’t be the end of the word if I ended up tethered via usb either when playing full fat games.

I do wonder if the £300 will be well spent on a faf reduction and a resolution increase though.

• Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Virtual Desktop works almost flawlessly (there are a few games that just don't seem to run with it) but you need a 5ghz router. Using a cable is fine if it's a sit down thing. Anything that involves standing or moving is going to be way better cable free, obviously.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    I do wonder if the £300 will be well spent on a faf reduction and a resolution increase though.

That’s a lot of money you could spend on games instead.

Then again, playing Pistol Whip on the patio is worth a pile to me, and as web browser and media device it’s almost priceless.

• mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    https://twitter.com/vr_oasis/status/1365657680367484931?s=21

Geek radar on high.

*also available on other VR platforms.
    Things can only get better.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Mixed feelings about a separate game from Zen when I’ve got the fabulous if perspectively expensive Pinball FX2 hall already. Great for incoming Star Wars fans though. 

fOLm97G.jpg

Regularly hit the tables for a quick sesh that turns into a hour, simultaneously zoned out and concentrating hard AF.

The Quest really is an arcade inside your mind.

• TheBoyRoberts
    Show networks
    Xbox
    The Boy Roberts
    PSN
    TheBoyRoberts
    Steam
    TheBoyRoberts
    Wii
    BoyRoberts

Send message
    My bestie (single person lockdown buddie too!) has just picked a quest 2 up - reckon I'll see what it's like next Friday before I pull the trigger.

I have to agree that Pistol Whip is amazing.  I feel the auto-aim is a bit aggressive, but otherwise its sublime!
  • The auto aim is part of the game.
    The less the auto aim has to help the more you score.
    You rang.....
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I enjoy the auto-aim to be honest, it lets you feel like a badass and allows you to focus on the rhythm stuff.

I had a crack at that Crisis Mission or whatever it’s called, and aiming properly with a VR gun is tricky, much trickier than with a light gun.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    You can turn off the auto aim in Pistol Whip, and it becomes almost impossible.
  • I should try pistol whip, I'm a fan of shooting things and of tapping things so it should be my street that I get up. Tbh tho even putting on a wireless headset is too much bother atm.
  • Get Crisis VRigade 2. It's brilliant.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    That’s the one I couldn’t remember the name of. No idea why, it’s so catchy.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    nick_md wrote:
    I should try pistol whip, I'm a fan of shooting things and of tapping things so it should be my street that I get up. Tbh tho even putting on a wireless headset is too much bother atm.

You really should, it’s the best thing I’ve played in VR.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    That’s the one I couldn’t remember the name of. No idea why, it’s so catchy.

I'm hooked on it.

It's the Time Crisis game I've wanted for years
  • Get Crisis VRigade 2. It's brilliant.

I watched a review the other week after seeing you chat about it. It looks fun ngl but 3 levels?
  • Yossarian wrote:
    nick_md wrote:
    I should try pistol whip, I'm a fan of shooting things and of tapping things so it should be my street that I get up. Tbh tho even putting on a wireless headset is too much bother atm.

You really should, it’s the best thing I’ve played in VR.

When I drag my arse outta gaming malaise it's high on the list.
  • nick_md wrote:
    Get Crisis VRigade 2. It's brilliant.

I watched a review the other week after seeing you chat about it. It looks fun ngl but 3 levels?

Think of it as an old school arcade light gun game.
    Plus it's in early access anyway, more will be added
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    It’s currently in some sort of early access thing so is pretty cheap, I think I paid about a fiver for it.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Mini Motor Racing X

Had a blast on this yesterday and probably the thing most played on my Quest, because any game has you grinning one moment and throwing your hands up the next is catnip to me.

Just updated with more party modes, it’s hoot for one and a possible bladder breaker with badgers.

Edge Lord:

Have to arrange a 4 player sesh soon.

• Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Does vr add to it? Looks like the kind of thing that could be fun on a tv too.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Theres multiple viewpoints. You can play as if you're sat looking down on an RC track, behind car like a normal racer or shrink down and sit in the car. It's really cool.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!