ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Good work g.man, I've long lost computers from back then. Hey Mike, have a cracking time, good luck
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Someone post em, I want them 2
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Skerret wrote:
    Happy to have helped.

And thanks to you too, apparently.
    I just do what I can you know

Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Someone post em, I want them 2
    They're on the B&B Dropbox account in a folder called The Player.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Cheers bud
  • Good luck Cinty! I'll be on the PS4 from tomorrow if you're around to game at all.

Thanks for the offer, but i'll be travelling to Shenzhen tomorrow. The wife starts work there on Thursday, so I decided to accompany her and get into the city a couple of days early in order to find the building, check the travel route and find an apartment to rent.  Flats in Shenzhen are fucking expensive. We'll be going from a 2-bed + study 120m+ place to a 40m studio for the cheap, cheap price of double our current rent. Ouch.

But i'll be ready to game again soonish, once this is all settled. Should be able to start getting some time in again late-June / early-July. 
    Skerret wrote:
    Happy to have helped.

And thanks to you too, apparently.

Ooft, good luck!
  • God, I couldn't write for shit. Try hard, wanna be Hunter E T, fuck me.

But I'm proud of the Gears piece. RIP Lazy Gunn
  • So, it’s looking like I’ll need to get another criminal records check.

I’ll need to apply for an ACRO check, then get the documents officially recognised via the Chinese embassy in London.

Last time I did this Funkstain was an absolute gent and got the documents sorted for me. I applied for the check and got it sent to him, then he sorted the Chinese embassy stuff, and posted it all on to me via courier.

He’s no longer about, and while I could get in contact with him again and ask this favour, I was wondering if any London badgers would be willing to help me out with this. I’d need to get it done quick sharp, as time is of the essence, but I’ll owe you for life.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    If no one has volunteered yet and it doesn't cost me any money(as I'm skint) I was heading into the city today anyway
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • It wasn't me and no one can prove shit
  • cockbeard wrote:
    If no one has volunteered yet and it doesn't cost me any money(as I'm skint) I was heading into the city today anyway

Thanks man. It would definitely cost some money. I could obviously pay whoever back, but if money is tight then it’s not worth it to put yourself in that position.

I appreciate the offer though.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    What will this involve exactly?

Receive a package, go to the embassy, queue, get something stamped, send it to you?

Would the embassy stuff have to be done during office hours?
  • Embassy open 2-5 in afternoon. Closed at weekends. It’s near Gt Portland St?

I’m in Cannon St and working away. If Cocko can sort it out, I can send him cash right now. Assuming PayPal/bank transfer works. How much is involved exactly/roughly?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    2-5 on weekdays rules me out, I’m afraid.
  • Looks like I'm 2 mins away from the embassy, have PMed to check timeline etc
  • 50 Broadway, Westminster, London SW1H 0RG, UK

?
  • Or is it the visa section?
  • Open In morning too but I was thinking about today. Assuming this needs to be done today?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Don’t think so.
    I’ll need to apply for an ACRO check, then get the documents officially recognised via the Chinese embassy in London.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Open In morning too but I was thinking about today. Assuming this needs to be done today?

No, not today. Basically, I’ll apply for the criminal records check and get it done express style. So, it should arrive with someone middle of next week, probs Wednesday or Thursday. They’d preferably get it in for notarisation and legalisation on that day or before the weekend, then pick it up and courier it to me ASAP.

Cosby has offered to help, like the massive don he is, so it looks like this will get sorted quickly.

But thanks everyone for all the offers - it means a lot.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Well I'm free more often that I'd like to be so can pop into town whenever needed. I can spring a few quid, just if was near passport prices I'd struggle

Cool, cool
  • cockbeard wrote:
    Well I'm free more often that I'd like to be so can pop into town whenever needed. I can spring a few quid, just if was near passport prices I'd struggle

Cool, cool

It’s all good man. I’ve got it covered now and I don’t want you to struggle. You’re my bro, so you gotta eat and stuff, you know?
  • Sweet. I’ll help if I can

@Cosby let me know if you need a hand with anything at all or can’t do it and maybe I can help
  • I’m metaphorically standing nearby with a clipboard trying to look important without actually helping. What are you doing, Elf? Hmmm. Carry on. Quickly, please.
  • So an update. This is now properly off. Weirdly it wasn’t any visa issues that fucked it. I got an email from HR welcoming me to the company and we were gonna put our materials together. Then I get a message saying department head vetoed it because my media production qualification isn’t degree level - which I had told them about before, and stated that I didn’t wanna go through all the time and money of interviewing internally if that was gonna instantly disqualify me. I was happy to take the outside job and do the contract work through a third party.

A week and a half later (which is a week and a half less on my visa) and significantly out of pocket due to plane tickets, hotels and not working during this period in order to be available, they now say they want me to work for the third party despite meeting all of the criteria’s they set and there being no doubts about my ability to do the work. It’s just company policy to only employ from certain schools...which I had asked about, and they said wasn’t going to be a problem.

It’s the job I went for originally so I would have taken it two weeks ago, but it feels like a complete kick in the dick and I don’t wanna look at these fucks anymore. I’m really, really bitter about this.
  • Ah that sucks mate. Stay strong. It'll all work out in the end.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • What a bunch of cunts. Sorry to hear it Cinty, hope it all works out.
  • Ah, that fucking sucks.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Sorry man. I hope something else turns up soon.
  • Fucking commie bastards!

Am I doing this right?
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!