The Super Mario Maker 2 Thread - CONTEST: VOTE for best ANGELS levels by 23:59:59 on Sunday 21 July
  • No amiibo support??
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • This is a rather good game.

Oddly, I’m feeling the opposite. I can’t warm to it for some reason. I think I need to play it on the tv and with the pro pad. The analogues on the switch are so shit.

Felt that way for the first couple of hours but starting to really get into it

Thing is it’s almost 3 games - story mode, other people’s levels and make levels. Find myself jumping between the 3 a bit
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • It was always going to be good and it is better than the others mainly because the toolbox is bigger, and 1080p is nice, but really it felt most at home on the 3ds, and then thebWiiU gamepad. I do miss the stylus and the softer input screens. It felt more pleasurable to craft levels, but I daresay we're going to see better community stuff and the forum popularity of the Switch is a nice bonus.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • My only problem so far is forgetting that each "style" doesn't have Mario's full range of moves that you may find in other styles. Brain farts trying to wall jump in SMB, for instance. But that's on me.

I'm super glad I've got a full-fat Nintendo release again on this console. As much as they were great, I do feel Yoshi's Crafted World/Captain Toad et al were more like very shiny 3DS games in size and scope. Which is fine! I could dip in and out, but with SMM2 I can see myself losing hours. I just needed a bit of meat on my console tbh, and something that'll let the smaller titles shine when I go to them for a pallette cleanser.

This is great. An extremely impressive package. Bravo.
  • This should arrive from that Curry's deal tomorrow. I promised myself I wouldn't get it, as making levels isn't really my idea of fun and I just couldn't get on with the Wii U game. 

But my 5 year old son will absolutely love it, he is SUPER excited, and I am looking forward to going through Story mode and play the levels submitted in here.
  • This should arrive from that Curry's deal tomorrow. I promised myself I wouldn't get it, as making levels isn't really my idea of fun and I just couldn't get on with the Wii U game. 

But my 4 year old son will absolutely love it, he doesn’t know about it yet...

iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Downwell in MM2:
    [font=Roboto, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]2KH-BN0-7VG[/font]

• I like that the person rushed to make a game a bit like Downwell but the level obviously has no proc gen and rewards touching the floor.
  • My missing copy was eventually confirmed as damaged in transit and a refund has been issued. Hopefully the Curry's deal is still on.
  • Decided I don't want to miss out on this, so have started another repair for the youngfella's Switch.

If I see him banging the controllers again though, it's being taken off him. Fucked if we're paying for two repairs just for him to continually break it.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Added everyone on list so far.
  • Its a bit of a weird feature that your level will not be featured in endless mode until at least one friend has played it? I spent four hours fine tuning one the last couple of evenings. Very similar to the first but I still love it.
  • Okay my maker code is

JSD P2P NVG
  • I added you to the list yesterday, mate.
  • Gonna get this ordered. Any of you using a stylus? Recommended or not really required?
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Dogfingers wrote:
    Its a bit of a weird feature that your level will not be featured in endless mode until at least one friend has played it?
    Is that right? Maybe that's why my two previous courses have zero plays.

Uploaded a snowy level tonight X02 Y57 7MG

• Done wot Andy said and added myself to this list

Maker ID List
    AndCallMeCharlie - derekg49 - X0R-DTN-99G
    Andy - DrewMerson - GH4-M81-CWG
    Dogfingers - Dogfingers - HHO-KD9-LCG
    Kernowgaz - KernoGaz - N4K-C7G-C5G
    mistercrayon - crayokay - JSD-P2P-NVG
    MuseChick - MuseChick - G32-5SM-VDF
    regmcfly - regmcfly - Y4M-3XF-JPG
    wookieenopants - Wockie - D87-SCC-KDF
    Frosty - MegaFrosty - YDH-WXJ-99G

• Frosty wrote:
    Dogfingers wrote:
    Its a bit of a weird feature that your level will not be featured in endless mode until at least one friend has played it?
    Is that right? Maybe that's why my two previous courses have zero plays.

Uploaded a snowy level tonight X02 Y57 7MG

https://www.reddit.com/r/MarioMaker/comments/c706x8/the_fact_that_your_created_levels_are_often_stuck/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Okay so that's confirmed, I guess no one will ever play any of the levels I make then. This whole game is just farting into the wind.

My wife tried on her profile but because its the same switch she wasn't allowed to rate any of my levels either even tho she had a seperate Nintendo online account. She also couldn't rate or comment on someone else's level that I'd already left a comment and rating on. Good stuff.
  • I'm happy to play and like anyone's levels I can actually complete. I am shit though.
    Will add your ID next time I'm on Frosty, and others I havent already added.
  • MattyJ wrote:
    Gonna get this ordered. Any of you using a stylus? Recommended or not really required?

I really can’t stand the touch controls to be honest. It’s worse if one is a lefty too.

I even bought a special stylus as well.
  • Frosty wrote:
    Is that right? Maybe that's why my two previous courses have zero plays. Uploaded a snowy level tonight X02 Y57 7MG
    https://www.reddit.com/r/MarioMaker/comments/c706x8/the_fact_that_your_created_levels_are_often_stuck/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share Okay so that's confirmed, I guess no one will ever play any of the levels I make then. This whole game is just farting into the wind. My wife tried on her profile but because its the same switch she wasn't allowed to rate any of my levels either even tho she had a seperate Nintendo online account. She also couldn't rate or comment on someone else's level that I'd already left a comment and rating on. Good stuff.

Yup same here, put your wife's code on here and I'll play them, my girlfriends is 42L XQT N5G if someone wouldn't mind doing a couple of hers so they can be released into the wild
  • I bought this game because of the ROM runs in SGDQ.
    Made me want some 2D Mario in my life. Will code up later today
  • LivDiv wrote:
    I'm happy to play and like anyone's levels I can actually complete. I am shit though.
    Will add your ID next time I'm on Frosty, and others I havent already added.

Thats very kind! It's conflicting as the levels I've built so far aren't very good so I'm hesitant to ask people to play them but it's also a bummer that if I don't then they will never be played by anyone.

I wish Nintendo would stop being Nintendo with their online. System friend lists don't even work with this, a first party game. On the bombcast someone suggested sending Nintendo a 360 so they can see how people want to use the Internet and games together.
    Dogfingers wrote:
    Yup same here, put your wife's code on here and I'll play them, my girlfriends is 42L XQT N5G if someone wouldn't mind doing a couple of hers so they can be released into the wild

Ah my wife isn't making anything, she was just trying to help me out. I did your gf last uploaded one with zero plays, it was pretty good! Some of jumps with the alternating platforms were tricky
  • would anyone like me to post cool levels here which aren't mine? 

There are some really clever tech levels being released by alot of the smw rom hack community teaching players how to get their skills up (shell jumping etc)
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • @Frosty
    They cannot be as bad as some levels I have played.
    I'm about 25 into the easy endless run and a good 10 of then were a bunch of random shit thrown at the screen.
    One was a Minecraft in joke I think. It had a bush like block followed by the end flag.
  • mk64 wrote:
    would anyone like me to post cool levels here which aren't mine?
    Yup

• regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Panga made a level and it's as fucking ridiculous as you would hope for -

Pit of PePanga: DieVine Garden
    Course ID: LM6-TM7-VKF
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Panga made a level and it's as fucking ridiculous as you would hope for - Pit of PePanga: DieVine Garden Course ID: LM6-TM7-VKF

Fuck.  That made me unbelievably stressed just watching it.  I wouldn’t even consider trying it.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'm gonna give it a shot tonight
  • I recommend everyone watch this from the recent GamesDoneQuick. Part of the reason I bought this game. Such a fun race in custom levels.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!