Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (Again) (2019 edition) (*except Russia)
  • I’m up for some Quads if others are
    GT: Knight640
  • Minkymu wrote:
    Can we sort done deathmatch for badgers out one of the nights soon pls

I'm up for that, cyber attack is my favourite mode so far. It's like search and destroy with no respawns, but endless revives so there's always a chance for you to comeback should you get shot.

It's not spawn die repeat like some modes are.

• Sweet. Not played it tbh. Im a fan of free for all and domination, tdm. The mrs will only play tdm. I like how fast free for all is. Playing with Alex atm and his bloody leg makes so much noise
    PSN - minkymu
  • Actually picked up some decent pro tips for this that have improved my kill count.

Go into options and change:

Film grain to zero
    Turn off motion blur and weapon movement blur. Makes enemies way easier to lock onto in environments
    Make your map square its bigger, you can also lock it to north.
    Make x actions a tap not hold, so instant open doors and pick ups
    Make b / crouch a tap not hold so you can slide everywhere. Handy
    Set run to auto tactical run so no more hold to run just push stick all the way forward.

Along with a few choice weapon tweaks ive doubled my average kill count.
    I am old so any options to increase visibility
    PSN - minkymu
  • Think I'd already done the visuals but haven't done the button presses. How are you finding the changes to season 3? Feels like they're trying to make guns better on the map, plus making loadouts more expensive to stop being relying in that so much. There are some tasty weapons out there now.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Yeah ive managed to find a nice balance between speed of fire stability and damage with my main. Which is just a wisely upgraded version of the starting weapon.

Got the new 3 burst fire assault rifle with the laser sight and scope? I dont like it lol.
    PSN - minkymu
  • Every time I play the main MP it convinces me it's the best CoD ever made. All it needs is more good maps and maybe flush the duds. I think the classics they've brought back are all really solid and they flow lovely, but Shoothouse will go down in history for being one the best arena shooter maps ever designed. It's beautiful.
  • Also, Warzone is pretty fucking good with some mates, the only thing letting it down is performance for me - textures take forever to load but when I think back to the days of PUBG it's amazing this is running on the same console. I imagine PC is loads better.
  • Minkymu wrote:
    Can we sort done deathmatch for badgers out one of the nights soon pls

I'd be up for this, not played much of warzone but enjoying the mp v much
  • Minkymu wrote:
    Yeah ive managed to find a nice balance between speed of fire stability and damage with my main. Which is just a wisely upgraded version of the starting weapon.

Got the new 3 burst fire assault rifle with the laser sight and scope? I dont like it lol.

I'm never much of a burst rifle fan anyway! So try and avoid em.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Just to say that's me got the full game now so I'd be well up for some normal MP. I'm guessing cross play is also on there.

Had some credit sitting and it just went to 25% off for Gold members and at £45 still the cheapest I can find just now so there we are. Yass.
  • Worth it just for Gunfight.
  • Yas gav
    PSN - minkymu
  • Had some cracking games of plunder last night. This game is really fucking good.
  • Anyone on tonight?
    Wind Waker is a bad game
  • The campaign then. Its starts off really good, showing you all its bells and whistles in production value. Interesting, varied concepts on usual cod formulas. Wow, hey, this is MODERN Modern Warfare.
    But as it drags on, it increasingly attempts more grander ideas within the same ruleset, but it kind of falls apart and the usual problems you see in a cod campaign rear their head. Presenting itself as this thing you have control over which way it goes when really, you don't. And if you don't do the things the game requires in the way it requires it for trigger points to be hit, well, you're in for a nice long ride of dying and reloading the checkpoint until you snap into shape, son.
    First it was the guiding of an npc via cctv, then it was the annoying flashback stealth sections & fight scenes, then it was the chase scene that literally has the game shouting at you to hurry up and had you run into gunfights, now its the bloody juggernaut boss character and dumb friendly AI doing nothing. Its like they want Uncharted set pieces but don't know how to pull it off. Those set pieces can make it feel like you're walking a fine line, or maybe come really close to dying but having a miraculous escape. In cod, there's set pieces, and you either do them, or you die again and again until you work it out. You're a rat in a maze. It's annoying and frustrating, because the usual bare bones cod experience is there in spades and it is still magic.

I suppose this isn't news when it comes to cod, but hey ho, at least the MP is damn fine.
  • About that..

Got after it in HKC. The MP7 is God mode
    7VLhXMF.png
  • Fuck me
    PSN - minkymu
  • Yeah that's old school cod4 levels of razz, felt like the old days.

Much prefer the ttk in Hardcore modes, feels more "fair". Pretty rare you feel cheated, apart from sniper crazy maps. Still hate those cunts. Love clearing out a nest of them. Have that.
  • Ha ha yeah. I do like the mp on this
    PSN - minkymu
  • Youre right about the mp7 btw. Fuck me. I have a legendary blueprint one with a thermal sight and a 60 round mag. Owns
    PSN - minkymu
  • About that..

Got after it in HKC. The MP7 is God mode
    7VLhXMF.png

Did Chaz fall asleep or something?

Gamertag: gremill
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Too many Deaths Gav, Florent 76 contributed more.

Lots to work on to improve there mate but you'll get there eventually.
  • K/D ratios are so last gen. *eyeroll*

Aye Chaz is.... Learning.
  • 31 Confirms good going mate. Great gametype that. That and Hardpoint are my favourites at the minute. It's the best CoD MP ever made in my opinion. The old/new maps are fantastic. The CoD4 ones are ingrained in my memory to the point where I was surprised and amazed how well I know them. I was just wiping the floor going 50+ kills a match the other morning. There's not really a game out there that can match the feeling of going on a tear in CoD.
  • Yeah that's it, you have a game where its just all coming off. Map, weapons, silly opponents. That map had them all spawning behind a two storey house all their snipers wanted to camp in upstairs. Flank left, pop off at the windows, scare them back, push it and clear the bottom floor, go upstairs and mop the floor with them. Head out back and C4 the spawn area. Rinse and repeat.
  • Well the latest cod update on xbox has fucked it!

Now wants me to redownload the campaign and mp? Go to manage game and its all installed, so i oress a to fetch downloads and it loops?

Wtf hiw do you fix this without loosing everything
    PSN - minkymu
  • Maybe try hard reset? Update ok for me but only got warzone
  • For everything bar Warzone a link takes you back to the store where you need to download a data pack, once that’s done you’re good to go. That’s the theory anyway.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!