The Mandalorian thread of Beskar Spoilers Season 2 October 30th
  • b0r1s wrote:
    It was in book 23 from 47 of the Lost Tales of Darth Villainous novels. Can’t believe you are even asking.

Get it right dude, book 23, page 117, line 38.
  • That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Fucking hell
  • pantyfire wrote:
    If the rumours of the lead actor being sent home after complaining he didn’t get more screen time with his helmet off are to be believed, I wouldn’t be surprised if some of this seasons episodes have been shuffled around.

Wow wonder if that is true. The behind the scenes docs showed just how little he actually did on set, he was basically a voice actor
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • MattyJ wrote:
    pantyfire wrote:
    If the rumours of the lead actor being sent home after complaining he didn’t get more screen time with his helmet off are to be believed, I wouldn’t be surprised if some of this seasons episodes have been shuffled around.

Wow wonder if that is true. The behind the scenes docs showed just how little he actually did on set, he was basically a voice actor

He was apparently miffed because the armour was uncomfortable and he couldn’t see anything in the helmet. It turns out must of the characters screen time was a stand in. And any physical or action scenes were a stuntman. So yeh he was basically just a voice actor.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • It was a massive mistake to have him take his helmet off in season 1. This is something that they should have built up to over a number of seasons. Maybe later down the line having a fight where half his helmet is destroyed so we see part of his face or something. It could have been handled better.

Epsiode 2 wasnt all that, but the mini yoda creature is so cute.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    pantyfire wrote:
    Fire his ass. Hes playing a mandalorian for feck sake.

Surely not. He's not even in the suit half the time so he's getting paid to do voice acting. More face time would be more work time.

Apart from it looking nice I think the series is being carried by Baby Yoda for me at the moment. It still suffers from some iffy or lazy-ish storytelling beats (how did those guys know he'd go through that canyon on his speeder and how did they even get out there? Surely they'd have their own transport that he could of used instead of walking. He did the fancy drop move out of the clouds which was cool but all for nothing apparently because they were still just behind him. The ship crash lands but it's the ice cracking that moves the stuff in the storage bay. Etc etc etc.) which means I need to put in a fair bit of Hair's Wifing to properly enjoy it.

But the pretty visuals and Baby Yoda are very good at keeping me going.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    That rumour of fallings out comes from the same alt right crowd as all the rumours of Kathleen Kennedy's imminent firing, FYI.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • I wouldn't slag off the red viper if I wanted to sleep soundly at night
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • That was a slightly disappointing episode. 'Frog lady' was a pretty woeful disneyfied creation. Not quite Jar Jar Binks levels of awfulness, but certainly spawned from the same pond as Maz Kanata - not good. Her inclusion was no doubt to up the 'kiddie friendly' factor of this episode.

Genuinely thought that Mando was about to become spider food when he struggled to close the cockpit door. I disagree with G about plot armour ruining the creature feature bits - I thought it felt really tense!

X-Wing chase and desert ambush scene where both boss, but yeah I hope they crack on with the larger story next week.

Oh and Baby Yoda needs to do the 'magic hand thing' again - he hasn't done anything now for two episodes straight!
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • I liked that they made it seem like the eggs were going to be something special and that it meant something to baby Yoda. Except he just wanted to eat them :P
  • I thought it was implying that they’re not really eggs but food of some sort and frog is deceiving them with a sob story. If they really are eggs and frog story is true, then baby yoga eating them is terrible. Kill the fucker.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • 'He'll eat anything!!!' joke is getting a bit tired now tbh.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    I thought it was implying that they’re not really eggs but food of some sort and frog is deceiving them with a sob story. If they really are eggs and frog story is true, then baby yoga eating them is terrible. Kill the fucker.

They're not fertilised yet, and it looks like she's able to have plenty more (given the suana scene), so not that terrible.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    People eat sperm everyday.

retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Other way round mate, but OK.
  • Baby Yoda is dark side sith.

Also the Yoda race will turn out to be
    Spoiler:
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Maybe the punchline of the whole series is that Baby Yoda ends up eating Mando.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Baby Yoda is dark side sith.

Also the Yoda race will turn out to be
    Spoiler:

He did the choke hold thingy, so maybe. Without training I guess he's just a dumb toddler with deadly magic powers.
  • I can relate.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    I thought it was implying that they’re not really eggs but food of some sort and frog is deceiving them with a sob story. If they really are eggs and frog story is true, then baby yoga eating them is terrible. Kill the fucker.

They're not fertilised yet, and it looks like she's able to have plenty more (given the suana scene), so not that terrible.

They aren’t fertilised, yeh.
    But they said at the spaceport that these are her last batch. Her last cycle or something.
    The ones in the pool were the surviving ones from the tank.
    That’s what I thought anyway.
  • [quote=

BTW, the 'smarter' was self effacing, and not directed at anyone here. [/quote]

Stop using big words i’m thick
    PSN - minkymu
  • Deliberate quote fuck up for lolz
    PSN - minkymu
  • Im with Boris. The hdr dolby vision on this is shite
    PSN - minkymu
  • I agree. On my 1080i set I can't even see it!
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Minkymu wrote:
    Im with Boris. The hdr dolby vision on this is shite

Eh what who? I’m all good :-)
  • No issues with HDR on my LG. Lovely looking show.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Gonna try it on the LG BX Oled later. I suspect i will be a lot happier with the shows use of dolby vision on that bad boy.

Honestly its the tits
    PSN - minkymu
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Try all the 4K HDR vids on YouTube.

This channel is great:

https://www.youtube.com/c/EugeneBelsky

• Love this episode.
    Just enough story to progress things after a couple of creatures of the week episodes.
    Excellent stuff.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!