PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    We are by and large pretty racist yes.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    that does it
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Mad Max 3

Another vote for Chronicles of Riddick.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I've actually thought of something for this thread. I'd go with RDR2 over BotW. There are obvious issues with RDR2 regarding mission structure, the disconnect between being a gunslinger with a heart of gold in the cutscenes and a murdering psychopath in the missions
    Spoiler:
    and other stuff like that.

And BotW is an absolute joy, many if the grievances leveled at it didn't resonate with me, I didn't miss dungeons, found the weapon breaking to be a good way to mix up the combat and loved the self contained puzzle shrines.

But there's just something about the world of RDR2 that really hits the spot. I couldn't blame anyone for picking BotW as the ultimate open world game, but for me it's RDR2.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Mad Max 3

Another vote for Chronicles of Riddick.

I bloody love Chronicles of Riddick

• Ripley's Game > Talented Mr Ripley.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • I've actually thought of something for this thread. I'd go with RDR2 over BotW. There are obvious issues with RDR2 regarding mission structure, the disconnect between being a gunslinger with a heart of gold in the cutscenes and a murdering psychopath in the missions
    Spoiler:
    and other stuff like that. And BotW is an absolute joy, many if the grievances leveled at it didn't resonate with me, I didn't miss dungeons, found the weapon breaking to be a good way to mix up the combat and loved the self contained puzzle shrines. But there's just something about the world of RDR2 that really hits the spot. I couldn't blame anyone for picking BotW as the ultimate open world game, but for me it's RDR2.
    I love Breath of the Wild but I agree, Red Dead II is my favourite. 

I think it is something to consider that Arthur's contradictions are common place in the genre, especially Westerns that focus on outlaws like The Wild Bunch, Pat Garrett, Butch Cassidy, 3:10 To Yuma et al. Killing is part of his job but that doesn't mean he doesn't have some sense of right and wrong - and the later parts of the game where he comes to realize that Dutch's code is bullshit work with his internal conflict very well. I think video games are interesting in the way that the character is you and you are the character. I find it basically impossible to not do the honorable thing in the game when I have the choice and that makes the journey the character goes on even more rewarding. The mayhem of GTA has no appeal for me here. The hero of the Western is very often incredibly violent, even if they are the "good" guy. Hell John Wayne spends a whole movie killing Native Americans in The Searchers. I think the contradiction is intentional in Red Dead II and says a fair lot about the environment in which they were created, and of the United States as a whole, and the natural world. Evil and Good sit side by side, as do beauty and horror. Anyway, something to consider.
    "Given how long it's taken for me to reconcile my nature, I can't figure I'd forgo it on your account."
  • The Daddy wrote:
    Ripley's Game > Talented Mr Ripley.

Couldn't get past the first 5 mins and Malkovich
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • I've actually thought of something for this thread. I'd go with RDR2 over BotW. There are obvious issues with RDR2 regarding mission structure, the disconnect between being a gunslinger with a heart of gold in the cutscenes and a murdering psychopath in the missions
    Spoiler:
    and other stuff like that. And BotW is an absolute joy, many if the grievances leveled at it didn't resonate with me, I didn't miss dungeons, found the weapon breaking to be a good way to mix up the combat and loved the self contained puzzle shrines. But there's just something about the world of RDR2 that really hits the spot. I couldn't blame anyone for picking BotW as the ultimate open world game, but for me it's RDR2.

I’ll go with all that. There was just something about that world that totally resonates with me.  It’s probably between that and Firewatch for my game of the gen and it’s gotta be something to do with the setting that’s getting me.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Night of the Living Dead is supposed to be a stone cold classic. Has even got a Criterion release.

Dawn of The Dead wipes the floor with its guts.

I still prefer Doom 2 on PC using a keyboard to every FPS made since.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Day of the Dead is the best
  • Doom 2s maps aren't a patch on the original imo, for the most part. The additional monsters tho are great and really add to the package, as does the super shotgun, ofc.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    nick_md wrote:
    Doom 2s maps aren't a patch on the original imo, for the most part. The additional monsters tho are great and really add to the package, as does the super shotgun, ofc.

Original Doom is superb too of course. I remember D2 more though as it took longer to get through. I kind of include both games as one package in my mind.

Played it on default. Then replayed it on Ultra Violence. :)
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • X-Com: Terror from the Deep

It's essentially a reskin of the first game, with a few small additions/changes, and the difficulty ramped way up based on a bug in the first game. (The difficulty reset to Beginner, as soon as you did your first mission.)

It also has game breaking research tree bugs, that lock out the tree leading to the things needed to beat the game.

I love the Lovecraftian mythos it uses though, and prefer it to UFO: Enemy Unknown.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!