@cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    g.man wrote:
    Not buying presents for family who don’t need anything. Instead, I’m down the west end handing out all the cash I had earmarked for Christmas to homeless people.
    You're a good man, G
    Cheers Gonzo. When I came out of the cinema last night and was walking back to my car, the streets were all but deserted, except for a little homeless girl wrapped up in a blanket outside the now closed Tesco. I bent down and handed her a not insubstantial amount of money and wished her a Merry Christmas. She looked at the money, then looked up at me with her face beaming, and with her soft Irish voice said "God bless you Sir. God bless you and Merry Christmas!" I'm not special. I don't do this for praise. There is no moral to this tale, and it did bring a tear to my eye. The world is a harsh place, and it's just nice to be able to try and help people a bit in difficult times. Only reason I mention what I do to people I know is with the hope that the idea might rub off, and others will be inspired to do similar things.

That's the only reason I thought you were doing it, I bloody love you, I ove most of you as well
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    G.man you are a genuine angel. I admit I give to homeless sporadically and never in a considered way. When I lived in the city I regularly gave to one guy. Now when I head into the city I rarely carry cash and feel shit saying I have no money on me. I’ll have a think about what I can contribute.
  • Fair play, g.man. The world could do with more orange trousered folk with hearts of Scottish gold.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I hate being morbid but I always have mortality and death and how long do I have in my mind, so I'm sorry.

My dad is now 70 and mum is 68. I'm starting to think about how many Christmases I have left with my parents. This Christmas is gonna be special.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Nothing wrong with that Reg, we're all human, we take stuff for grante, whatever motivates to make the current or next event better is nothing to be sniffed at or nthrown away
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    You're a beautiful man G.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!