PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Andy gets +1 in the event of a tie.
  • I thought I'd have about half right, barring a few wild guesses hitting home (including the CoD one), so happy with that.
  • Andy is still surprised anyone got Q7 right, even through guesswork.
  • I think I got 4/30
    Spoiler:
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • I’ll be surprised if anyone gets the Phil Spencer question correct without checking. Who the fuck would know that?!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • There’s been loadsa deep dive interviews with him recently so erm, i had a fair idea.
  • Check out this nerd with his reading.
  • The fucking square.
  • I just by chance came across answer to Q29. D’oh!

It's one that I missed out.
  • Ask me about Phil Spector I am ready.
  • When did he join Microsoft?
  • Why, despite being 51, does he look so handsome and manly and smooth?
  • Q3.  How old is Phil Spencer?
  • Q4 Counting backwards from 19, and taking 10 as the first, what is the fifth Phil of the series called that was released in 2015?
  • What number am I thinking Phil might be thinking?
  • Number Harrison.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Uncle got the Phil Spencer qu fwiw
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Suspect this may have run its course so will do answers in an hour or so unless anyone has any objections.
  • IjDkB78.gif
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Here we go
  • This is quite the pregnant pause. Even X Factor never made anyone wait this long.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I know I have got one right ,q.8, but that's it.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    Right, so I love making quizzes for people, and wanted to do one for the gang on here. It'll be 30 questions - ALL OF THEM ARE EASILY GOOGLABLE (a new word I made up) so unless you're some sort of edgelord who feels they must assert dominance over everyone else for a bit of fun, please don't. 

For pedants' sake (oh yes) I am considering the decade as from 1st January 2010 to 1st January 2020. 

Once you have your answers, DM me them. I'll close it a week today. There's probably not any prizes because I've just bought a PC and have other expenses that are better to spend on coming soon. But we'll see. 

Years are in no order - best of luck!

Let's a go
    1) How many MAINLINE Mario games were released this decade (please note for clarity's sake, I am talking 2D and 3D platformers, and that includes ones where you can build your own levels, as well as ones you can play on phones.)

2) It has been a phenomenon over this decade, but what year did Grand Theft Auto 5 actually come out? 

3) What SEGA published title was one of the first released of the decade, and one of the most critically acclaimed? 

Bayonetta

4)What was EDGE magazine's overall game of the year in 2018?

Red Dead Redemption 2

5) Flappy Bird was a bit of a cultural sensation this decade. What was the name of the man who developed it and then wished he hadn't? (I need first and second name here)

Dong Nguyen

6) October 13th 2016 saw what major console add-on launch?

PSVR

7) If the first was November 2010, what was the subtitle of the FIFTH Call of Duty game this decade?

ADVANCED WARFARE

8)Which gaming icon died on the 11th July 2015?

SATORU IWATA

9) The fabled DK2 Oculus kit released in 2014, heralding (maybe?) the start of the VR world. But what month did it drop?

July

10) Phil Spencer started to right the Mattrick ship in mega ways over this decade, and has put Microsoft at the front of GAAS. What year did Spencer first join Microsoft?

11) What game, released this decade, is the highest ever funded Kickstarter release?

Shenmue 3

12) Which game developer filed for bankruptcy in 2012 and had most of its work, including name, bought by Nordic Games?

THQ

13) Which legendary game music writer peoples reunited for the 2015 title Yooka Laylee? (will take both second names)

Grant Kirkhope and Doug Wise

14) Bioware released what MMORPG into the void in 2011?

The old Republic

15) It's still not out, but what year was FFVII Remake first announced at E3?

16) Who had Allies, fought in Royales, had a Curse and was made of Yarn this decade?

Kirby

17) Metal Gear got a weird spin off late this gen with online features and stabbing with spears. What was the subtitle?

Survive

18) Finish the sequence - Awakening, Fates, __________________

Three Houses

19) Scary to think, but OG Kinect was this decade. What was MTV Games' well received launch title?

Dance Central

20) Durango and Chuckwalla became what?

Xbox one

21) On 27th October 2015 we got the last numbered game in what series that is due a comeback in 2020?

Halo

22) The creator of Noby Noby Boy and Katamari Damacy unleashed what manic hellscape upon us right at the turn of the decade?

wattam

23) 'Don't Press Anything' was the most popular level in what 2015 release?
    .super Mario maker

24) Who sang the titular track for Old Koj's 2019 release 'Death Stranding'?

CHVRCHES

25) What is the current record for the most CONCURRENT Fortnite players?
    A) 5 million
    B ) 8 million
    C) 11 million

b

26) In 2019, which actor told hundreds of 'gamers' that they were breathtaking?

. Keanu reeves

27)'Human Female Clean Faces' was a mod for what popular game this decade?

Skyrim

28) Fill in the gap - Black/White / X and Y / _________________ / Sword and Shield

Sun and moon

29) Which game and book series was adapted this year to a TV show, encouraging revellers to 'toss a coin'?

The Witcher

30) The Samorost developers Amanita released what PC/Phone game about a little man who just loved cherries?

Chuchel

GODSPEED

SCORES

UNCLE 25/30

FROSTT 19/30

LIVDIV 16/30

TIGER 16/30

SYPH 15/30

HYLIAN 15/30

MOOT GEEZA - 14/30

MATTY - 11.5/30

DJORNSON 10/30

WOOKIE - 10/30

GMAN 9/30

ANDY 7/30

FACEWON - 4/30

POPPO 3/30

• regmcfly wrote:
    7) If the first was November 2010, what was the subtitle of the FIFTH Call of Duty game this decade?

ADVANCED WARFARE

Call of Duty: Black Ops: Declassified.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Should have got Shenmue 3.

So best I could have got was 2.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • I was 50/50 on Shenmue 3 but went for No Mans Sky.
  • Q3. I thought of Bayonetta then decided it was last decade! I was clearly wrong.
  • I'm not on the list there with my middling 15.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!