The 2020 gaming quiz that's not necessarily about 2020...
  • Ah ok.
    Didnt click with the abbreviation and didnt realise it was coming up.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    4 for Cocko and I'm giving you a mark for number 14 despite your cheek.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    4 for Cocko and I'm giving you a mark for number 14 despite your cheek.

Didn't realise you'd chosen that side too, but if that's true I'm proper excited, will be buying a PS5
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Here come answers
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message

1) Dobutsu No Mori is getting a new release in 2020. What's the more commonly known name for this series in the West?

Animal crossing

2) Microsoft is releasing the Xbox SeX (Series X olol) this year. By what codename was it previously known?

Project Scarlett

3) The sequel to 2016's DOOM launches this March, after a number of delays. What is the subtitle?

Eternal

4) Speaking of delays, Ghost of Tsushima will finally launch this year. Whilst it's a Sony published game, who developed it?

Sucker Punch

5) The internet is a rumbling with cries of a new Nintendo Direct soon in 2020. But in what month did the last one happen?

September

6) Final Fantasy 7 is getting a reboot this year. What other Final Fantasy game is being remastered? 

Crystal Chronicles

7) NVIDIA is likely to drop its new cards in Summer this year. What will be the digit at the front of this series?

8 ) Supergiant Games' roguelike game launches out of early access this year. What is the name of the new title from the Bastion/Transistor/Pyre studio?

Hades

9) Travis Touchdown returns this year. What's the name of the sequel?

No More Heroes 3

10) Soulstorm is the subtitle of what 20+ year old game series that is returning this year - assuming it's not delayed again?

Oddworld

11) Halo will be reaching infinite frontiers this year, but what year was the first trailer for this game dropped?

12) Nintendo is back, tracking your sleep patterns and definitely not selling that information on to anyone else. Which Nintendo franchise has been attached to 'Sleep'?

Pokémon

13) What sequel was demoed as explicitly the first look at 2020's Xbox Series X title in December 2019? (I just need the series)

Hellblade

14) Eating roast chicken, fighting, electro, bongo, and donovan, and listening to Yuzo Koshiro - where are we returning to in 2020?

Streets of Rage

15) The developers of Life Is Strange (Dontnod) announced a new episodic game to be released in 2020. What's the questioning title?

Tell Me Why?

16) What is the subtitle of the battering-granny, voice fiddling, delayed Watch Dogs sequel set in London that is due for release in 2020?

Legion

17) A Spongebob Squarepants game is bizarrely getting a remake in 2020, subtitled, 'Rehydrated'. What was the original title of the game?

Battle for Bikini Bottom

18)'Summer Memories' is the subtitle to what Japanese game series releasing in 2020 - a game originally scheduled for release on PS3, delayed because of the Fukushima eartthquake, and following a Japanese release in 2018 is now only making its way to our shores this year?

Disaster Report

19) 'A Blessing in Disguise' is the subtitle of what unlikely sequel, due for release in 2020 on Switch?

Deadly Premonition 2

20) The creative lead for that game, Hidetaki Suehiro goes by what moniker?

Swery65

• regmcfly wrote:
    Frosty gets 13 with a little bit of a generous mark at one point. Not 'Journey', but the rest was right.

Ha, I just looked up the actual answer and that is very generous :)

More than I expected tbh so happy with that.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I GOT 7 RIGHT NOT 6!!

Shambles.

I'm also annoyed at the Hellblade one.  And SoR.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    You'll get right what I tell you
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'm off work tomorrow so I might do a more specific one.
  • I would have only got 2 or 3 of those so you were right not to wait.
  • Swery65?! Dammit I was close.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Ah, Crystal Chronicles. A ‘Final Fantasy game’. I said FF8, but that’s already been remastered or is that still in the works?
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    14) Eating roast chicken, fighting, electro, bongo, and donovan, and listening to Yuzo Koshiro - where are we returning to in 2020? Streets of Rage

What?? I was all excited thinking Final Fight was coming back
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Swery65?! Dammit I was close.

Swery64?
  • Swery69 mmmm
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Can't be that sweary, with your mouth full and all
  • There were only 3 I didn't know and also swery having 64 at the end but I was asleep having a nap.
    Twice iv just missed out as I write out my answers.

1,6,12 and swery64.

Why you hate me so much reg.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I was asleep for all of this, the announcement, incoming scores, the answers.

At least I get to watch the Metroid Zero Mission speedrun from the start, so thanks for that Reg. Forgot it started today
  • Is there any other listings for AGDQ?
  • regmcfly wrote:
    15) The developers of Life Is Strange (Dontnod) announced a new episodic game to be released in 2020. What's the questioning title? Tell Me Why?
    I hadn't heard of this anyway, but the questioning title thing was a bit of a misdirect. It's not a question.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    JonB wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:
    15) The developers of Life Is Strange (Dontnod) announced a new episodic game to be released in 2020. What's the questioning title? Tell Me Why?
    I hadn't heard of this anyway, but the questioning title thing was a bit of a misdirect. It's not a question.

Pedantry I'd be proud of
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I iz idiot
    cocko wrote:
    1) I think No Mori means dreams or feelings or something, so Knights Into Dream making a comeback???
    2) given those XBoxOne names maybe Cadwallader
    3) hahaha, I know this one, Eternal, which has to be how long we'll wait for it to be released
    4) Naughty Dog??
    5) March??
    6) logically, 8
    7) currently 2070 so guess at 3070???
    8) no idea SmashTV2020??
    9) Calvin Conversion - assuming it's a rugby game
    10) this one got me excited, follow me, paaaaarrrrrppp, Oddworld
    11) First Halo trailer, jeez 2001??
    12) Please be Kirby's Dreamland, perfect fit
    13) fuck knows, Rockstar Table Tennis again
    14) I hope this is what it sounds like, we'll be returning to Metro City for more fun with Haggar, Cody and friends, also Final Fight is miles better that Streets of Rage, never understood that argument, it isn't one
    15) episodic game with a question "Do you want another one?"
    16) no clue, "watch, dog, and two battered grannies"
    17) there were loads of these games, maybe Globs of Doom
    18) Harvest Moon, sounds like the sort of subtitle I'd see there, or maybe Animal Crossing
    19) No idea, please be FIFA as that'd be hilarious
    20) Harry???
  • I also said Kirby's Dreamland for the Nintendo sleep one. I mean, it had to be, right?
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Trick missed by Ninty there, fucking Pokemon, pah
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Ah, Crystal Chronicles. A ‘Final Fantasy game’. I said FF8, but that’s already been remastered or is that still in the works?

Yeah I'm certain it was on the cards but then I also heard the same about 10 and 10-2
  • Blimey this has been marked already? I would've scored 7.
  • Reg is a teacher, he’s on top of his marking
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Lol aye.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Got one last day off so gonna do one more. Will just be general
  • Woo! Let’s do another, this is fun
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!