The Racing Thread of Burnin' Rubber and Being Awesome!
  • Aye, saw that. Colour me interested. Hope it's covered in cheese.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    They should make OutRun 3000, 'cause no-one else is cutting that mustard.

Looking at Euro's vid, there's a bit of footage that could be mistaken for gameplay (the 0:52 in-car would be impressive), but then when you look at the shot of the cabs, they show what looks like a ten-year-old B-tier PS3 game.
  • Posted on f1 thread, but thought worth post here. The trailer looks good.

https://youtu.be/syCyjkSaxzk
  • Got Dirt 4 on Tuesday. Aye, it's no bad. More of the same, really. Should probably rinse it before the two week "rental" period in work finishes.
  • Got Dirt 4 on Tuesday. Aye, it's no bad. More of the same, really. Should probably rinse it before the two week "rental" period in work finishes.

Good luck with that buddy ... it's a big game.
    The Forum Herald™
  • It is but I'm only really wanting it for the rally stuff. Tried the land rush races and was bored to tears. It's just noise and slipping about tbh
  • It is but I'm only really wanting it for the rally stuff. Tried the land rush races and was bored to tears. It's just noise and slipping about tbh

Yeah noob that's what it is

The Forum Herald™
  • Eurogamer Project Cars 2 preview.

Probably going to shade GT:sport. I doubt I'll have time for both.
    The Forum Herald™
  • The Crew 2 will be releasing on March 16th 2018.
    The Forum Herald™
  • The first one had a little following around here.. If it's set in america again though I'm probably out.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    Crew 2 looks great, in theory. Boats, planes, bikes and cars, what could possibly go wrong.
  • Over ambition leads to poor implimentation of the extra bits.. given that the handling was a bit ropey last time.
    The Forum Herald™
  • I can imagine they will nail one element really well (I'm betting on boats) but the rest will be a bit meh
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-08-21-f1-2017-review

Got a Recommended from Eurogamer.

Some highlights:

Classic f1 cars incorporated into the season as special events.
    Full tech tree with seasonal tech progress
    Monaco at night race
    Optional dual race qualifying ( GP race 1 qually as normal, GP race 2 grid decided by finishing positions in last gp. Then repeats for next 2 GPs and so on).
  • Sounds shit. And crucially nothing like f1
    The Forum Herald™
  • You can do a normal bog standard f1 season(s). The other stuff is optional stuff that players have been asking for.
  • It reads well, cheers Dino. I've not bought a codies F1 game since the first one which I wasn't overly enamoured with. The biggest issue is that I dont have the time to pour into something like this anymore and the annual release cycle just doesn't cut it for F1.

A two yearly release schedule with free DLC updates for driver line ups and cars would be a nice offer and may tempt people like me back in.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    One for Bob:

• Dinostar77 wrote:
    You can do a normal bog standard f1 season(s). The other stuff is optional stuff that players have been asking for.

Which would be fine if I could trust Codies to nail the basics. Also never give the people what they think they want.. given the choice they vote for Boaty McBoatface..
    The Forum Herald™
  • Not a wasted vote by any measure.
  • Eric wrote:
    It reads well, cheers Dino. I've not bought a codies F1 game since the first one which I wasn't overly enamoured with. The biggest issue is that I dont have the time to pour into something like this anymore and the annual release cycle just doesn't cut it for F1.

A two yearly release schedule with free DLC updates for driver line ups and cars would be a nice offer and may tempt people like me back in.

I normally do one season, then trade the game in. It's only because I just don't have the time to play more than a season.
  • My copy has arrived, McLaren for me. This will be interesting... (I wonder how long before my engine fails......).
  • This version has "events" which has are separate to the career mode. The events last 5 days on a countdown timer before being replaced. Current event is as follows:

Circuit = spa
    Driver = verstrappen
    Situation = a racing incident has left you limping back to the pits with a broken nose, it's been replaced, now how many places can you make up before the end if the race. (something like that).

Also the car development and car management of parts is so involved it's awesome.

And almost forgot you can send car telemetry to your phone or laptop for analysis. Mental.
  • How's the handling? How's the ai? How's the bugs?
    The Forum Herald™
  • In free practice on Australia, handling and sensation of speed is immense. As for AI I'll get back to you when I've done a gp. As for bugs, nothing major so far, but there is time. Plus I keep an eye out on the codies f1 forum for any bugs that could potentially really fuck things up.
  • Is there a warm up lap, safety car?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Yes, both are there. You can turn the warm up lap off if you like. Best release of the series under codies so far.
  • Started my career as 2nd driver at McLaren. Partner to the legendary Alonso. Just completed FP1 at Australia. I achieved the team objectives on the track acclimatisation programme and the qualifying pace programme. Failed to meet objectives for tyre management programme and fuel management programme.

Post FP1 I helped the team decide on the R&D path for the car. 4 main areas to pick from 1) durability, 2) chassis, 3) aerodynamics and 4) power train. Each of these have 30-40 sub development parts.

As a team our chassis is the 4th best on the grid. The aerodynamics is 6th best on the grid. The powertrain is the weakest on the grid. To such an extent that it could take months just to catch up to Sauber and Toro Rosso. So decided to invest R&D in the powertrain. Hopefully we'll have a minor improvement for Bahrain.

Onto FP2 now, to do the race strategy programme. If I can pass the team objectives on that then I may re-run the qualifying pace programme. Wondering if it's better to go for less downforce and higher top speed to try to make up for the shortfall in speed from the engine. Or I go for a setup with higher downforce and hope my chassis cornering ability will help make a difference. Decisions, decisions.
  • Met the team objectives on the race strategy programme. Went into Q1 and qualified 19th. 1.3 seconds off Alonso.

Now onto the race, no rain expected. Going with a 2 stop strategy. Softs then supersofts rather than a 3 stop which would be ultrasofts, ultrasofts then supersofts. Let's see how it goes...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!