Star Wars Squadrons: Porkins Bazaar
  • They can paywall that shit as much as they like.
  • Getting info from different places. Sounds like it's gonna be a fair bit deeper than Battlefront 2's fighter game. Talk of setting up ships before combat and shifting power between components mid game. A bit like Elite Dangerous?
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Yeah will be interesting to see how deep those elements go.
    I'm all for some added depth beyond BF2, as much as I loved Starfighter Assault it was never deeper than just an additional game mode.

I hope they keep the ease of flight.
  • A whole bunch more info here.
    https://www.gamespot.com/articles/star-wars-squadrons-revealed-with-crossplay-single/1100-6478468/

$40 smaller release confirmed.
    No microtransactions.
    10 hour demo will be available through Access and Origins.

Ship weapons, hulls, engines and shields are customisable and unlocked by rank.
    Ship and pilot appearances are also customisable.

2 MP gamemodes so far.
    Fleet battles see teams of 5 try take down the enemy flagship.
    Dogfight is about taking down as many ships as possible, which sounds like a straight forward team Deathmatch.
    Would be good to see variations on them as well like elimination versions.
  • Shifting power was in X-Wing, power to SHIELD or power to GUN? Clearly to GUN so you can cycle all four blasters. Bwap bwap.
  • Here's ya preorder guff.
    Better waiting to make sure EA arent dicks I think.

n6xd5605c3551.png
  • Meh. Yellow stripe is ok.
    Those aren’t regulation helmets either.

YOU’RE ON REPORT MISTER.
  • So we have fighter, dual role, bomber and gunship?
  • The big two (U-wing and Tie Reaper) are troop carriers so I assume they will be objective based in some way.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    The big two (U-wing and Tie Reaper) are troop carriers so I assume they will be objective based in some way.
    where do the troops go? are they loaded up in the prongs like torpedoes in a tube and then fired at the enemy?
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • The U Wing is the ship they use in Rogue One that they eventually crash on the rainy planet before the bloke thinks about sniping the dad.

I watched that film on Sunday and I have no idea on any of the names of characters.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Jin Urso. There's one
  • Who was that? The robot?
  • Jimmy Smits was another one.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I was proud of myself for remembering that but it turns out it's Jyn Erso.
  • On foot bits never work in these type of games. Would be best to cut them out and leave it to just flying ships.

Will wait for proper gameplay footage, but Rogue Squadron, and Rogue Leader (which still looks great) are two of my favourite games, so I'll certainly be keeping an eye on this one.

Rebel Strike suffers from the on foot sections, but the ability to play all of Rogue Leader in co-op makes it geat too.

They should just HD remaster the Rogue Squadron series and release them to be honest.
  • I was thinking how much fun an Afterburner clone with X-wings and TIE Fighters would be. Probably not a cost-effective use of the Star Wars license nowadays though. Any Star Wars game has to be a triple-A title or what’s the point?
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    poprock wrote:
    I was thinking how much fun an Afterburner clone with X-wings and TIE Fighters would be. Probably not a cost-effective use of the Star Wars license nowadays though. Any Star Wars game has to be a triple-A title or what’s the point?

I imagine it could be thrown together pretty quickly though - if the overheads are low why not?
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • I guess I assume that Disney have requirements on Star Wars being seen as a ‘premier product’. Maybe they don’t, given the amount of plastic tat available.
  • They should should HD remaster the Rogue Squadron series and release them to be honest.

Take my money! I wish Factor 5 were still making dogfighting games.
    PSN ID - s-revill
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    They were amazing blasters and visual stunners but I just want to be controlling whether it's 4 blasters or shields too.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    That's yer Thrustmaster flight stick bought. Preemptive order because I'm hedging they'll be flying off the shelves and in short supply with this and Microsoft's flight sim due later this year.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • I will pay good money for you to get it working in Horizon, buddy.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Genuine LOL
  • I loaded up BF2 tonight to get some first person mode practice in.
    Unfortunately first person is crap in BF2 for flight. Interiors are very basic and really it just puts the player at a massive disadvantage without adding much to immersion.

Switched back to third person and bossed a fair few rounds.

It was quick to get a game and there seemed to be a fair few low level players obviously checking it out off the hype of Squadrons.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Rather like racing games, cockpit view can be a disadvantage seeing threats. In VR, banking while looking up and around (just by turning your head) coupled with depth perception will be the pay off for me.

Looking forward to actual gameplay during EA's showcase at midnight.
  • Yeah normally it is give and take but I find with BF2 its mostly take with first person view, Squadrons I am sure will be better.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Edited my previous comment to clarify the VR centricity.

Appears to be an underside view at the start of this gif, which may straddle the line between immersion and tactical awareness. Looks fracking amazing any which way.

4gXy93y.gif
  • Underside view is interesting.
    I wonder if that may be Tie only to compensate for their blinkered view
  • I loved the in cockpit view in bf2 but it was completely and utterly unplayable. That under boob viewpoint could be inspired.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!