Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    This is really great. Yeh it has all the Ubi game bits and bobs, but it does it better than any of them imo. The world is jam packed with things to discover, the unlocks are all fun and interesting, the puzzles are fun. It's a gorgeous world they've created.

I've spent ages just mooching about grabbing chests and doing the various temples, bosses and challenges. Finally progressed the story and did the first big big boss to polish off the first area. That was a great battle. The boss fights have been great on the most part.

I only put it on to see what it was like, I got it as a surprise for Chrimbo. Now it's taken front and centre as my main game for the foreseeable.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Worries me a bit about the dual sense that third party publishers will either not utilise it, or not bother at all. All it does in this is click a bit when you pull a bow. Poor. I wonder if it'll be confined to first party.
  • Enjoying this a lot on Switch. The humour and tone is fun helping to gloss over the obvious BotW steals. It feels like it’s own thing. Enjoying the combat a lot.
    That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • FranticPea wrote:
    Worries me a bit about the dual sense that third party publishers will either not utilise it, or not bother at all. All it does in this is click a bit when you pull a bow. Poor. I wonder if it'll be confined to first party.

FIFA uses it.  I don’t know if it makes it worse though?
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    It'll be a crying shame if it's underused. The triggers....not completely sold tbh. Seems there's either a click or resistance....and that's it so.....whatever. Happy to be proven wrong. The rumble is something else though. Really cool.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Demon's Souls does nice subtle rumble stuff. And GoT. Though I guess they're both first party so maybe I should stfu.

Dirt 5 is ... ok for it, I guess? Not as good as I'd hoped though tbh.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I'm wondering if it'll come with time on the third party stuff. Developing in a pandemic can't have helped, more time with the dev kits etc. Only Astro has really shone so far. The waving and tilting the pad about can get tae though. I hate that shite.
  • I’m at the end after 22 hours. No completionist here. Good game though.
  • I really liked the base game initially but it just forced too much, too soon into my path. I gloriously gorged for 20 hours or so before crashing and burning, stuffed from all the extras at the sides leaving me with no appetite for the main. It’ll just sit there now, never getting finished because it just offered me far too much.
  • I really liked the base game initially but it just forced too much, too soon into my path. I gloriously gorged for 20 hours or so before crashing and burning, stuffed from all the extras at the sides leaving me with no appetite for the main. It’ll just sit there now, never getting finished because it just offered me far too much.

This is pretty much why I mainline games. My worst case scenario is a game that you can’t finish without doing side missions because you’re under XP, or the like. If I’m putting 20+ hours into something, I want to see the end, or at least know I can.
  • I was the same. The fun stuff got further apart and I just lost steam.
  • I got annoyed at the mission areas .. I don’t want to have to guess what you want me to do to progress the story
    The Forum Herald™
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Its a funny one. I really, really like it and would have been satisfied if it had already ended. I keep dipping back in but I've probably only seen about half the map and feel the other half is just going to be more of the same and I just cba.
  • I’ve tried with this but it’s charms simply aren’t working on me. It’s a very well made game, looks nice, plays well, even the story has a charm to it but, it just isn’t something I ever actually want to play. Shame. Should Chuck on eBay really.
  • Is anyone selling this on PS5? Wouldn't mind giving it a go.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Not yet. Cos I've not even started it. But once I'm through I'll give you a ping of you're still on the look (though could easily be a month off!).
  • Gamermike wrote:
    Is anyone selling this on PS5? Wouldn't mind giving it a go.

Do you want to borrow it instead?
  • I believe there's a playable demo out for this now. Demos! ha!, remember those?!
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I thought Priti had outlawed them
  • biglaugh.gif
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Syph79 wrote:
    My worst case scenario is a game that you can’t finish without doing side missions because you’re under XP, or the like. If I’m putting 20+ hours into something, I want to see the end, or at least know I can.
    This is what puts me off a lot of games, especially open world. I get a kind of paralysis where i want to just mainline, but i'm scared i'll hit a wall somewhere if i don't do side missions or check every possible nook and cranny before moving forwards, so i end up getting nowhere and then bored of it. :)
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • I played through Nioh 2 a few weeks back and, despite the majority of it being labelled as side missions, if you don't do it there's no way in hell that you can complete the game. It kind of makes you question why it was set up like that at all, because you needed to do everything - presumably it was so they didn't have to narratively tie all of the missions in together. The one positive is that each mission had a recommended player level attached to it, so you know going in whether you are levelled too low, or indeed high (the latter didn't happen often).

I didn't really feel that mainlining Fenyx was an issue. As long as you are also picking up the various collectables on your journey, you didn't need to complete all the side stuff.
  • I picked this up and have been playing all afternoon.
    I think it is brilliant.

I love Greek Mythology as a theme but I also really like the art direction in this (even if they may have played BotW once or twice). The humour lands as well while not triggering frequently enough to be annoying.

I have been mainly on Aphrodite's section of the map but I'm having real trouble with getting one of the tears so just headed other to uncover the Ares section.
    The tear I'm struggling with is the one guarded by the flying boss, I'm just not good with the flying enemies.

Managed to beat Achilles which felt good.

Chicken Ares got a genuine laugh out of me. I really appreciate that they went a different route with what is the most gamey of the gods.
  • I absolutely love Greek mythology too and will one day play this!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Cheers Andy.
    Yeah I noticed there is an ability to grab and launch yourself towards flying enemies so I'm saving up for that and will give the boss a go once I get it.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    I absolutely love Greek mythology too and will one day play this!

I've just started reading Stephen Fry's Greek Myths book.
    I'm gonna be honest despite being a fan I hadn't actually read the full start to finish of the mythology in detail.

I did not know about the full story of the origins of Aphrodite. Lets just say I was shocked!
    Learning that through the words of Stephen Fry is arguably the best way.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!