TOKYO JUNGLE
  • Fuckpiss.

EDIT: Best page turn.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Just pipped Davies highscore. :p  I spent far too much time in the sewers, which led me to a locked door/dead end, so i wasted loadsa health & food. By the time i finally died, i was way up north in Lion & Bear territory. Little Pomeranian gang of 5 hiding in a disused train cart. lol!

It's an odd kinda game. Seems arbitrarily random at times. Especially with the pollution seemingly following me everywhere!

I'm assuming the big points come from locking down all the challenges in a set area, then moving on? For now i'm too busy expolring the map, getting a lay of the land.

Anyone know why i can't access Story Mode? Only the tutorial is available from the select screen.  :/
  • Wow this looks absolutely awful.
  • RaginScotsman
    Show networks
    PSN
    Psychoboy1
    Steam
    RaginScotsman

Send message
    Story mode is unlocked by collecting the giftboxes and news reports (or whatever the game calls them) throughout the game. You're drip fed the story mode from what I can tell. Survival mode is the main mode, story mode is secondary (yet another way that this game is weird).

I spent 2 hours playing only to bump into a hippos arse and have it kill my pomeranian in one bite. Bastard.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    I got headbutted by a hippo while attacking some stallions.

Im mostly just trying to see lots of the map and get used to finding my way around, im also trying to unlock some more animals.
    Really enjoying it.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • JMW wrote:
    I don't think it gets adulation because of its ultra-realistic portrayal of a shrew attacking a giraffe or whatever, it gets plaudits for bring different, and quirky and so it should.
    It wouldn't have taken much effort or thought to significantly improve the presentation without it being any less different and quirky.  Handled with a bit more finesse, I'd be proud to show it to people as an example of how much more games can be than shooting mannies in dark corridors.  As it is, I'd be mortified to let anyone see this.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I nearly completed the tutorial
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Just noticed that Animal Chara bundle pack is free for this week if you're PS Plus enabled. Grab it while you can kids… no real idea what it adds but I did see a black pomeranian thing install briefly. Clearly unmissable.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    The lack of obvious saves on this is annoying - I don't have time windows long enough to do chunks the size this game wants me too.  Even the tutorial I had to quite midway through - then had to do the whole thing from the beginning.  Tried to quit out (an option it gave me), and just ended up back at the start menu with the tutorial the only option ahead of me.  So done the first bit of it three times all because they couldn't do a frickin save sensibly.

I get the feeling that'll be the first of many niggles for me, but we'll see...
  • So is this any good ? Now tempted cos of remote play
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    I like it in a weird Jap studio kind of way. Was playing Flower again earlier and reminded me of titles that I wouldn't expect to see on XBox in a slightly strange way. 
    It feels to me as if commercial demands came secondary to a dev dude with a left field idea. Nice.
  • Sorry but that's not selling it to me , I'll get it anyway
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Wine prevented coherent statement but good to see it didn't stop you from buying chief! Hehe. Apologies.

All of  a sudden I do have a lot of stuff to play but this is still vying for attention. Oddly compulsive fun is how it still feels just now. Definitely worth a punt for not much imho.
  • Put in a good hour with this today. Tutorial is clunky but the game itself is a lot of fun. Challenges are always keeping you on your toes and the changing conditions do stop you from hanging around. 

Only a few niggles for me, the range of vision is so small that you can't tell if you're sneaking up on a rabbit or a tiger. Got my 35 year old Pom nailed that did.

Still there are tonnes of unlockables and the chapters seem like they'll some some mad fun. Very good first impression
    PSN: Shinji-_-Ikari
    Twitter: @YouDidItAll4Me
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    I didn't read fully the pollution tutorial. How do I deal with it? Water? That didn't seem to help.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    You can pick up stuff or just move to another area that's not polluted.

It was damn fun but I missed some of the age restricted things and then got annihilated by a damn panther. Do I need to get to the end of each animals quests or is it just to get enough points for the next animal?
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!